1. Let's just take a scenario.

If I am a pug raid leader and I'm making a pug raid, why would I want to risk inviting a 4.4k char to a raid instead of a 6k+ guy.

Well, let me explain. Yes you're right, a 4.4k guy can really perform better than a 6k guy but what are the chances of that happening on the server? Would pug leaders be willing to take the risk? You might be good...but what about other 4.4k players? Are they like you? Let's not risk it now shall we. It's best to inv a 6k guy who even if he won't perform well, would still do okay due to his gear overpowering the instance. It's not progression anymore. People just want to get things done fast and smooth :D

Even if you somehow manage to change 'a few' raid leaders and their way of thinking, it won't affect the greater bunch. Just gotta take it son.

Peace.

2. 500 threads about this already. No one cares. Join a guild or make your own raids. Don't come here with qq over something that has been discussed in detail to death. It's a waste of time.
    "No one cares" Yet you cared enough to reply? (:

"Join a guild or make your own raids" Again, another person who fails to read on these forums.

People, if you're not going to post anything productive, can you just like, not reply?

3. The only reason to take poorly equipped players to a pug is that they tend to stay longer (for more bosses) than others just because they actually need stuff from the raid. So they want a chance at more bosses, more loot, hell even more EOFs.

I'm tired of almost bis ret paladins leaving after Lady Deathwhisper 10 hc, just because all they wanted from the raid was the trinket.

Other than that, there's no incentive to take low geared players unless helping someone you know.

4. Let's just take a scenario.

If I am a pug raid leader and I'm making a pug raid, why would I want to risk inviting a 4.4k char to a raid instead of a 6k+ guy.

Well, let me explain. Yes you're right, a 4.4k guy can really perform better than a 6k guy but what are the chances of that happening on the server? Would pug leaders be willing to take the risk? You might be good...but what about other 4.4k players? Are they like you? Let's not risk it now shall we. It's best to inv a 6k guy who even if he won't perform well, would still do okay due to his gear overpowering the instance. It's not progression anymore. People just want to get things done fast and smooth :D

Even if you somehow manage to change 'a few' raid leaders and their way of thinking, it won't affect the greater bunch. Just gotta take it son.

Peace.
    Yeah, but as I said in the original post, he could've asked me to link that recount, he could've asked questions, he could've done anything. Rofl.
    I've actually had that happen in the past, a guy thought I was a bit low, so he asked me tactic questions and questions about my class/spec to make sure I could play it properly, and quite a few times raid leaders have been iffy about me, but they've risked it anyway and haven't ended up regretting their decisions.
    And from my extensive knowledge of raiding that I've gathered over time, inviting 6k people usually turns out worse 90% of the time, they either can't play their class and do horrible, or they act like they run the place because they're so high, Lol, and sometimes they even just leave randomly/when they get bored (usually after 2 bosses or so) simply because they don't need any gear.

5. One more thing, if you just want to raid and spend some time playing around and you are not only interested in ICC and RS, then you'd better be in a "social" or non-endgame guild. Players there tend to do more raiding because they also do TOC, OS, Ulduar, even Naxx etc.

In an endgame guild most of what you may receive is a ICC25h once per week per character, meaning about 2-3 hours of raiding, and the boredom of nothing else happening to that character for the rest of the week. So if you really just want to raid (play actually), better join a lower tier guild. You won't be able to form a toc10 or anything on a regular basis in a endgame one, just because people there have "more important" stuff to raid. Or get involved with PvP.

6. Yeah, but as I said in the original post, he could've asked me to link that recount, he could've asked questions, he could've done anything. Rofl.
    I've actually had that happen in the past, a guy thought I was a bit low, so he asked me tactic questions and questions about my class/spec to make sure I could play it properly, and quite a few times raid leaders have been iffy about me, but they've risked it anyway and haven't ended up regretting their decisions.
    And from my extensive knowledge of raiding that I've gathered over time, inviting 6k people usually turns out worse 90% of the time, they either can't play their class and do horrible, or they act like they run the place because they're so high, Lol, and sometimes they even just leave randomly/when they get bored (usually after 2 bosses or so) simply because they don't need any gear.
    He could've asked. Some will ask. Some not. As I said, you can only convince a few raid leaders but the greater bunch won't even listen to you and things wont change lol.

If a raid leader is making a 25 man, would he really want to have a conversation with a guy that is a bit low on gear about tactics and whatnot? I mean...the first thing he would have on his mind is to get it full asap and do the raid. Yes, some might do it but the majority won't even let it come to mind.

Besides, how many raid leaders do you think will actually read what is discussed in here? Very....very...few - if anyone at all.

I'm not against your thoughts and ideas but I'm just saying that the chance of you changing how the RLs think is extremely low. Let's also not forget that most of the serv doesn't really speak English properly and most likely won't want to or can't ask you things.

One more thing, if you just want to raid and spend some time playing around and you are not only interested in ICC and RS, then you'd better be in a "social" or non-endgame guild. Players there tend to do more raiding because they also do TOC, OS, Ulduar, even Naxx etc.

In an endgame guild most of what you may receive is a ICC25h once per week per character, meaning about 2-3 hours of raiding, and the boredom of nothing else happening to that character for the rest of the week. So if you really just want to raid (play actually), better join a lower tier guild. You won't be able to form a toc10 or anything on a regular basis in a endgame one, just because people there have "more important" stuff to raid. Or get involved with PvP.
    Not every endgame guild is like that. Some will also do tons of other raids or even a few 25HCs a week + other raids.

7. One more thing, if you just want to raid and spend some time playing around and you are not only interested in ICC and RS, then you'd better be in a "social" or non-endgame guild. Players there tend to do more raiding because they also do TOC, OS, Ulduar, even Naxx etc.

I actually never stated that my guild was endgame only o.O

8. The server is very friendly to people who have a good attitude? LOL THAT'S A FUNNY JOKE. I used to have a great attitude and always got treated like crap. So yeah, stuff that.
    You haven't impressed me at all with your attitude. It's not very exceptional.

9. Yeah, but as I said in the original post, he could've asked me to link that recount, he could've asked questions, he could've done anything. Rofl.
    Asking requires time. Not really feasible.
    Asking requires quite extensive knowledge. Not everyone has that knowledge, unfortunately.

10. 500 threads about this already. No one cares. Join a guild or make your own raids. Don't come here with qq over something that has been discussed in detail to death. It's a waste of time.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ight=gearscore
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-it-contagious

A few examples of this thread that already have taken place.

You remind me of a less serious Williamdavis.

Are you Williamdavis, or perhaps one of his descendants?
    you are indeed now WilliamdavisV2, disgusting

shame on you

11. Join a guild. Complaining about pugs. Will. Change. Nothing.
    Except, telling people how they should play the game isn't really acceptable. People will always play the game how they prefer, and Blizzard has endorsed this behavior since the game's inception. Yeah, I get that these things are the only sorts of things one *can* do, because the troublesome parts of the community just simply aren't going to listen, and there's no real way to get them to change. But that doesn't make their behavior OK, and that doesn't make the requirements to get around them OK.

500 threads about this already. No one cares. Join a guild or make your own raids. Don't come here with qq over something that has been discussed in detail to death. It's a waste of time.
    If there's 500 threads about this, then obviously a LOT of people care. Other people have discussed it, sure. But who are you to say someone else is not allowed to have their opinion or input on the matter?

you are indeed now WilliamdavisV2, disgusting

shame on you
    This sort of behavior right here is truly what is "disgusting". It's one thing to offer suggestions/advice, or even to help the person who is stating they are having a problem and would like some form of assistance. It's something completely different to accuse them of being "disgusting", troll them, and try to bait a reaction out of them simply because they are in a vulnerable position.

Shame on YOU.

@OP, unfortunately there's not a whole lot of solutions to this problem. Gear-wise, you have to gear up as much as possible through voting and farming emblems. You can get some tier 9 from EoTs and a few other items. I'd definitely recommend saving up vote points for a weapon. In time, you'll be able to get a 271 ilvl weapon. You should be able to push your gear over 5k if you put enough effort into it.

That said, I would recommend checking out the guild recruitment section of the ragnaros section here. See if there's any guilds that are doing ToC, or accepting lesser geared players. Keep an eye for guild advertisements in-game in global and trade chat, too.
    Not a whole lot of guilds are very welcoming, though, unfortunately. Especially if you're on Alliance, which is why I don't play there anymore.

I'd recommend submitting an applicatoin to Desolation, and maybe even dropping a post in the guild thread here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....4-H-Desolation
    If you're active around 3-6 AM server time, then it may just be the raiding guild for you. Outside of that, we have players online regularly looking for pug raids. We need more people for sure, and we'd definitely like to have more Druids.
    Right now, we're focusing on Light of Dawn progression (got him down to 15%!), and the guild in general is pretty friendly and loves to chill and joke around with each other. The ICC 25hc group isn't very easy to get into with low gear, since we're really pushing the progression and need more gear to push that as much as possible, but later on, it'll get easier to get into that.
    We also regularly do 10 and 25 normal ICC's, with ToC being somewhat rare. But we definitely have people that would be willing to dungeons, VoA, ToC, etc. with you and bring you along to things throughout the day.

That said, I'd also would not mind helping you out getting some gear. You can contact me in-game with the names Lynea and Pinkstyle.

12. Except, telling people how they should play the game isn't really acceptable. People will always play the game how they prefer, and Blizzard has endorsed this behavior since the game's inception. Yeah, I get that these things are the only sorts of things one *can* do, because the troublesome parts of the community just simply aren't going to listen, and there's no real way to get them to change. But that doesn't make their behavior OK, and that doesn't make the requirements to get around them OK.

If there's 500 threads about this, then obviously a LOT of people care. Other people have discussed it, sure. But who are you to say someone else is not allowed to have their opinion or input on the matter?

This sort of behavior right here is truly what is "disgusting". It's one thing to offer suggestions/advice, or even to help the person who is stating they are having a problem and would like some form of assistance. It's something completely different to accuse them of being "disgusting", troll them, and try to bait a reaction out of them simply because they are in a vulnerable position.

Shame on YOU.

@OP, unfortunately there's not a whole lot of solutions to this problem. Gear-wise, you have to gear up as much as possible through voting and farming emblems. You can get some tier 9 from EoTs and a few other items. I'd definitely recommend saving up vote points for a weapon. In time, you'll be able to get a 271 ilvl weapon. You should be able to push your gear over 5k if you put enough effort into it.

That said, I would recommend checking out the guild recruitment section of the ragnaros section here. See if there's any guilds that are doing ToC, or accepting lesser geared players. Keep an eye for guild advertisements in-game in global and trade chat, too.
    Not a whole lot of guilds are very welcoming, though, unfortunately. Especially if you're on Alliance, which is why I don't play there anymore.

I'd recommend submitting an applicatoin to Desolation, and maybe even dropping a post in the guild thread here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....4-H-Desolation
    If you're active around 3-6 AM server time, then it may just be the raiding guild for you. Outside of that, we have players online regularly looking for pug raids. We need more people for sure, and we'd definitely like to have more Druids.
    Right now, we're focusing on Light of Dawn progression (got him down to 15%!), and the guild in general is pretty friendly and loves to chill and joke around with each other. The ICC 25hc group isn't very easy to get into with low gear, since we're really pushing the progression and need more gear to push that as much as possible, but later on, it'll get easier to get into that.
    We also regularly do 10 and 25 normal ICC's, with ToC being somewhat rare. But we definitely have people that would be willing to dungeons, VoA, ToC, etc. with you and bring you along to things throughout the day.

That said, I'd also would not mind helping you out getting some gear. You can contact me in-game with the names Lynea and Pinkstyle.
    I like you ^_^

I do actually have some points, but I'm actually gearing 2-3 toons it's just some of the reqs are getting to me. I would've spent the points by now but currently my guild (I'm the leader) has just gone through quite a few problems and we're working on rebuilding it, so atm I'm saving them so I can get gear for whatever we start to need for raids. Ontop of that we're temporarily postponed guild raiding due to lack of people, and even when we do raid, as a glead I don't like taking my own low characters along as I end up feeling like a burden/leech/gearwhore(if I win gear that is) etc, since like I said, this is one of my 11 toons, whereas most of my guildies have 2 max.
    Also, thank you for the offer, if I did end up closing my guild I'd consider taking you up on it, the only problem though is the time, since I'm in the UK, but on weekends I might be able to handle it. Btw, congrats on the LoD progression :P

13. If there's 500 threads about this, then obviously a LOT of people care. Other people have discussed it, sure. But who are you to say someone else is not allowed to have their opinion or input on the matter?
    so post it in those threads instead of making a new thread about it every week. a lot of misguided people care and come here to cry to the community to make their situation seem like its sooooo important and we should all stop and listen to them. I might do that if it wasent the same thing for 4 years. did i say he is not allowed his input or opinion? pretty sure i never said that. love when you guys put words in my mouth. seems like i get misquoted in everything.

"No one cares" Yet you cared enough to reply? (:

"Join a guild or make your own raids" Again, another person who fails to read on these forums.

People, if you're not going to post anything productive, can you just like, not reply?
    i love when people use the "you replied so you must care" line. no we care that you are annoying us.

failed to read these forums? pretty sure ive read a lot more forums than you have. what does that have to do with anything though is beyond me. pretty sure i did post productive things. add this to the other QQ threads.

if however you are referring to failure to read this thread and that is what you meant then sir i am sorry i did not read your entire story about gearscore but let me tell you how every gearscore story ends on ever single thread that we have ever discussed it in..... join a guild who raids at a time you can manage and are doing content designed for your gear or make your own raid and stop complaining.

thats the path and conclusion we were all heading to in the end. its the same one we reach every time we see one of these threads. hopefully your not aussie bc i hear they cant raid at any time.

14. dunno where ure from but maybe try to find a national raiding guild.

they re more motivated to carry their own kind then others - thats how i started aswell few years ago xD

and btw a recount doesnt rly prove anything, since other healers can be rly bad or slacking - and ur overheal goes to 0.
    also on the other Hand there re some mechanics wich maybe gona 1 shot u at ur current hp pool / u oom on longer fights.

anyways gl & hf

15. so post it in those threads instead of making a new thread about it every week. a lot of misguided people care and come here to cry to the community to make their situation seem like its sooooo important and we should all stop and listen to them. I might do that if it wasent the same thing for 4 years. did i say he is not allowed his input or opinion? pretty sure i never said that. love when you guys put words in my mouth. seems like i get misquoted in everything.

i love when people use the "you replied so you must care" line. no we care that you are annoying us.

failed to read these forums? pretty sure ive read a lot more forums than you have. what does that have to do with anything though is beyond me. pretty sure i did post productive things. add this to the other QQ threads.

if however you are referring to failure to read this thread and that is what you meant then sir i am sorry i did not read your entire story about gearscore but let me tell you how every gearscore story ends on ever single thread that we have ever discussed it in..... join a guild who raids at a time you can manage and are doing content designed for your gear or make your own raid and stop complaining.

thats the path and conclusion we were all heading to in the end. its the same one we reach every time we see one of these threads. hopefully your not aussie bc i hear they cant raid at any time.
    thing is mr funkymusic aka "please watch my dumbass restodruid spaming hots in raid for 3 hours stream il gift 2 coins after"if you cant be bothered why even post in topic?

i dont understand if you dont wana help or dont know how to help him why post noone cares bla bla there is already 500 threads garbage post?

yes OP you should join funkymusic's guild and asskiss him nonstop so you can gear up thats how it goes on ragnaros

so what if there is 500 threads on forum
    are you some kind of forum guardian?
    Is your house host for this thread and there is no more room on hard disk ?

i dont understand what does 500 threads on forum have to do with you or your game
    omg 500 threads about this i cant live no more im gona killmyself omgg

wtf

and shame on you OP you had the balls to open another thread about same thing that other people already did in the past
    that is rly terible you ruined bunch of lives now
    Edited: November 9, 2015

First 12345 ... Last