1. I want to like this server so badly...

I have always been kind of a nostalgic person, but the Frostwolf fast leveling has ruined me. I get bored from doing quests and not leveling up after each quest. I love the fact that there is no RDF but i just can't enjoy this server. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. I have always been kind of a nostalgic person, but the Frostwolf fast leveling has ruined me. I get bored from doing quests and not leveling up after each quest. I love the fact that there is no RDF but i just can't enjoy this server. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Well prob those who are used to higher exp rates have that problem and the ''luxuary'' RDF leveling as well :P

3. I agree, i am currenty downloading the game. No experience yet. I fear that i'll never make it to 80 though. After having leveled both on retail and a couple private servers over the years, it just sucks to do it again. No instant 80 is a good thing but x5 would have been nice.

4. I guess just don't rush through all the content to get max level as fast as possible cause no matter what you do it's gonna take a while. Try to take it easy and enjoy all the great zones that are FILLED with people (low level zones haven't been populated like this since like BC).
    Play the game how 'it's supposed to be played' i suppose, don't think about the end game too much, it'll come eventually. It will definitely be boring if it's just a grind to max level for you.

5. Yes this a terrible design.

It only works in theory.

They wanted players to experience walking to instances/looking for groups and such.

But instead people dont do the instanced and rather do quests.

The only memorables moments I have from 1-70 is waiting 30 minutes for quest respawn and going 5 minutes on autorun for each quest while watching youtube on my second monitor.

I did scarlet monastery once and thats it. No other "epic dungeon experience"

Compared to other blizzlike server with RDF enabled. I did every instance. I was doing quests while queued from dungeon, queue popped, we completed the instance and then we went back to leveling. It was much more enjoyable and memorable and leveling was actually fun.

Sadly here it is just massive grind.

6. I would prefer the dungeon finder to be turned on personally, but it is not something game breaking for me. Though getting groups as a dps is such a pain sometimes lol.

7. Yes this a terrible design.

It only works in theory.

They wanted players to experience walking to instances/looking for groups and such.

But instead people dont do the instanced and rather do quests.

The only memorables moments I have from 1-70 is waiting 30 minutes for quest respawn and going 5 minutes on autorun for each quest while watching youtube on my second monitor.

I did scarlet monastery once and thats it. No other "epic dungeon experience"

Compared to other blizzlike server with RDF enabled. I did every instance. I was doing quests while queued from dungeon, queue popped, we completed the instance and then we went back to leveling. It was much more enjoyable and memorable and leveling was actually fun.

Sadly here it is just massive grind.
    Had to be said.

Most people skip dungeons unless they have a lot of quests there. On the previous Lordaeron, I'd do dungeons if I was bored or needed a piece of gear, here, farming a dungeon multiple times requires you to spam global after every single run, it's just an unnecessary annoyance. 5 min queue, 20 min dungeon, had fun, back to the grind, bob's your uncle. Now doing dungeons feels like more of a grind than actually grinding

Even now, when there's tons of people leveling, getting a group together takes 15-20 min. What about after a few months, when the low level population will inevitable plummet as people reach 80?

The "feature" works exactly as opposed to intended. The social interaction on global is obscured by "LFM <dungeon> NEED <heal/dps/tank> <level>+". You can't follow chat on global without special addons that hide the LFG/LFM spam, which leads to 0 social interaction.

About the in-party social interaction, it's the EXACT same as it was with RDF, but we've now added "can summ?" "help summ" "lock make port" to our vocabulary. The in-party interaction comes down to "k" "rdy" "mb" "stupid dps" "stupid tank" "stupid heal" "gg" "go" "ress".

The "amazing adventure" to the dungeon is : Ride zeppelin while browsing internet, go on flight path while browsing the internet, run to dungeon, summon, go in, go back to your leveling zone. That's it. Call me crazy, but that's really not epic at all...
    About the "porting to dungeon is non-immersive": Yes, 2 people will go on that "amazing adventure" while the other 3 do exactly what they'd do if RDF were enabled.

And since I don't like complaining without offering a solution, here's how to fix it:
    a) Enable RDF as Blizz intended it to be on 3.3.5 (won't happen afaik)
    b) Make it a grouping tool, disabling the teleport and bonus xp/satchel. Instead of grouping and teleporting, make it so you can join a group, then you'd have to go (well, 2 of you would have to go) on that "epic adventure" anyway. There's literally no downsides to this. It clears global, it makes finding groups 10x easier, literally NO cons .

8. lol wut?

i think i'm playing different game than you guys :>

currently doing any dungeon on proper level is more fun than killing poor Arhas over and over again every week..

alos, didnt wait more than 10min for anything to spawn...

9. They wanted players to experience walking to instances/looking for groups and such.
    You gotta be quite a "special" someone (as one's mother would say) to believe that crap. The actual reason RDF is disabled is because it helps people gear up too quickly, thus resulting in lower item sales from the marketplace. If everyone's geared up in a few weeks, no one would consider paying for their gear. It's simple. The "experience of walking to an instance" is quite a silly cover-up that no sane person believes any more.

10. You gotta be quite a "special" someone (as one's mother would say) to believe that crap. The actual reason RDF is disabled is because it helps people gear up too quickly, thus resulting in lower item sales from the marketplace. If everyone's geared up in a few weeks, no one would consider paying for their gear. It's simple. The "experience of walking to an instance" is quite a silly cover-up that no sane person believes any more.
    You're a moron if you believe any of this rubbish. How exactly does RDF help you gear quicker? By saving you that 5 mins it takes to get to the dungeon? Get a grip.

11. Are you seriously saying people would buy low-level blues with REAL MONEY ?

You seriously have to be insane to buy something, which you'll replace by killing a boar 3 levels later, with real cash. No, I really doubt that's the reason rdf is disabled.

12. You're a moron if you believe any of this rubbish. How exactly does RDF help you gear quicker? By saving you that 5 mins it takes to get to the dungeon? Get a grip.
    Daily RDF awards emblems used to buy raid-tier items...

13. Yeah but that was a catch up mechanic it was only introduced way later on to wotlk (toc) tbh im fine for now with the RDF being disabled for now, people seem to be a bit nicer then with it enabled probably cause they can't just requeue if something doesn't go their way.
    Edited: November 8, 2015

14. Yeah but that's a catch up mechanic it was only introduced way later on to wotlk (toc) tbh im fine for now with the rdf being disabled people seem to be a bit nicer then with it probably cause they can't just requeue if something doesn't go their way.
    Yeah, that's the positive side of it. I do miss it though. :D

15. I have always been kind of a nostalgic person, but the Frostwolf fast leveling has ruined me. I get bored from doing quests and not leveling up after each quest. I love the fact that there is no RDF but i just can't enjoy this server. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Yea me too i've always lvled in 15x or 10x and at first i loved it but now im at 35 and im stuck ... too many horde 1st and 2nd too hard its too god dam hard ... Idkn i just get ganked all the time every mob is 10 lvls higher than me and i gues its just too hardcore .

123 ... Last