1. Graphic Card ?

Hello, I need to upgrade my computer setup, but I'm stuck on the graphic card, is it really important because I have a 8800GT and i would like to run around 15 mans. I will have an I7 2600K and 32gb ram (12gb if i have to buy a graphic card).
    I don't want to record or anything else, just run all my characters to low settings, low resolutions, 30/10 fps limit.
    If i need a graphic card, can you give me some examples that are cheap please ?
    P.S: I use two monitors
    Edited: November 8, 2015

2. try to get your hands on a nice second hand one :) for €80 you can get an AMD R9 270.... that thing works perfectly and will ensure future performance aswell.

3. How much are you looking to spend at max?

4. Thanks for your replies.
    My budget is limited and I can only buy the processor and ram, if i buy a graphic card, i must buy less ram.

5. If you prefer running just 15 chars, I guess 16 GB RAM more than enough. In my opinion, used GTX 670 4GB good choice for you.

I running 25 chars on Frostwolf on my GTX 770 2 GB + 24GB RAM with high size swap file. All chars sit on FullHD monitor with 1600x900 reso ingame (30/7-10 fps), and on main UHD monitor I prefer to open Chrome browser. Sometimes it lags too much, i haven't got this a half year before, maybe processor die a bit.

As for WoD, i run 21 chars. Main with some ultra graphic, slaves with 75% resolution + low settings. No lags at all.

Also, i played a bit 10 chars at WoD on my UHD monitor, main with Ultra settings, slaves at low. (60/10-15 fps) No lags.

6. do u have to pay for 15 accounts to multibox 15 characters on retail?

7. what ram do you want/have?
    for example I have a simple 8GB ddr3 -1333 for 48 euros. you say lowering 20gb ram will make the difference of a new graphics card or not. Making 120 euros you can possibly spend on a graphics card. (just taking my own hardware as example).

I bought an HD 7770 graphics card for €40 (used).
    According to http://gpuboss.com/ that is an upgrade over yours.

The R9 270 I mentioned earlier is even more an upgrade, but you will have to spend a few more euros for that ;) I am not into multiboxing so I don't know what resources you really need for it....

do u have to pay for 15 accounts to multibox 15 characters on retail?
    yep.

8. Im multiboxing 10 chars with a Xeon E3-1230v3, 16 gb ram and radeon 6870.
    When playing 10 chars on low settings everything works fluently with 25-30 fps in Dalaran.
    Also did a stress test with 15 chars in Dalaran: 10-15 fps when walking around in Dalaran with a CPU usage of 50%-80% and 12-14 gb ram usage.

I would get 16gb ram and the CPU for the start and upgarde the GPU later on if its necessary.
    Im not up to date when it comes to processors but I would also check the Xeon E3. I bought mine a while ago and the Xeon E3 was cheaper but equally good like i7 processors.

9. Why in the world would you go for a i7 2600k and 8800 GT and 32GB RAM? That GPU is such a big botttleneck and 32GB ram is overkill and the CPU is alright, but I'd go for a newer one.

Go for i7 6700k or 4790k with liquid cooling and turn on the boost or even maybe OC it if you still get nice temps with a nice liquid cooler. If you can't quite efford a newer i7, go for a newer i5, but still get liquid cooling.

For RAM, try to get DDR4, it's twice as fast as DDR3, you should only need 16GB. Even if you get DDR3, you still shouldn't need more than 16GB.

For a GPU, go for a EVGA GTX 960 4GB, maybe even a GTX 970 and you will even be able to record with Nvidia Experience ShadowPlay without it even effecting your performance, because ShadowPlay uses a un-used feature in your GPU so it doesn't effect FPS.

Also, I highly recommend an SSD for a lot faster loading times, I've also noticed a bit smoother gameplay than a HDD.

Btw, don't use Google Chrome while multiboxing, it's sooo damn hard on memory because it makes like 3-15 processes of chrome.exe and hogs a bunch of memory. Use Firefox instead. Firefox has improved a lot lately and I've just recently switched back to it after I noticed how much of a memory-hog Chrome is.

I build computers as a hobbie, and I've even worked in computer repair shops. One tip I can give you for building a gaming PC, is don't cheap out on parts, you need your PC to be healthy (low temperatures), you don't want it to be outdated within a few years (which is pretty near impossible with the rate new technology is being developed), and of course, you want it to perform at its peak performance (so you can't cheap out or go completely overkill on a part, you will have a bottleneck)

With this setup, it may be a bit pricey, but it will get the job done. If you're expecting to run 15 WoWs on a cheap computer, I wish you luck :P.
    Edited: November 9, 2015

10. a week ago 16 gb ddr3 2400cl10 were 100€ on @m@z0n now 120€
    for 100€ now they place 16 gb ddr4 2400 cl14

11. Thank you for your replies.
    @woloss what processor you use to run 25 box on Frostwolf ?
    @Martijnhaah I want to have atleast 16gb Ram.
    @Beefydk I want a 2600k because a friend will sell me his one, i have no enough money to buy the new processors and that graphic card, i'm looking for a cheap setup which can run 10 wow with low resolution, low graphics. For DDR4, i'll buy that, thanks. I already have a SSD 250go ;).

12. @Martijnhaah I want to have atleast 16gb Ram.
    @Beefydk I want a 2600k because a friend will sell me his one, i have no enough money to buy the new processors and that graphic card, i'm looking for a cheap setup which can run 10 wow with low resolution, low graphics. For DDR4, i'll buy that, thanks. I already have a SSD 250go ;)

ahh okay :)
    anyway mind that you might not be able to place ddr4 in a ddr3 slot ;)
    if those things were compatible I would have put 6gb extra ddr2 ram in my other computer (having slow ddr3 4gb).

check that out first before you spend money and feel bad afterwards :)

13. Go for i7 6700k or 4790k with liquid cooling and turn on the boost or even maybe OC it if you still get nice temps with a nice liquid cooler. If you can't quite efford a newer i7, go for a newer i5, but still get liquid cooling.
    Why would you suggest liquid cooling to someone on budget? It's a terrible choice value-wise.

For RAM, try to get DDR4, it's twice as fast as DDR3, you should only need 16GB. Even if you get DDR3, you still shouldn't need more than 16GB.
    DDR3 vs DDR4 performance difference is NULL in gaming.

14. What motherboard you have? You get socket 1155 motherboard from your friend too?
    For GPU try to get used GTX660,670,760 or 770, TI and at least with 2GB VRAM.

And only Intel Sockets 1151 and 2011(X99 Chipset) supports DDR4 RAM.
    Edited: November 11, 2015

15. @Beefydk I want a 2600k because a friend will sell me his one, i have no enough money to buy the new processors and that graphic card, i'm looking for a cheap setup which can run 10 wow with low resolution, low graphics. For DDR4, i'll buy that, thanks. I already have a SSD 250go ;).
    Okay, I see. That processor is still good and should be able to run 10 WoWs with the settings you are going for. About the DDR4 RAM, I'm not sure if you can get a motherboard that supports the CPU socket type for i7 2600k and that supports DDR4 RAM, so you may have to just use DDR3, which is still perfectly fine. If you are still looking for a graphics card, I'd recommend a GTX 670, 760, 770, 960, 970 with 2, 3? or 4 GB of GDDR5 VRAM. Not sure about AMD/ATI cards, not a big fan of those because the temperatures are outrageously high and drivers never get updated. Graphics cards aren't cheap, and it's the last thing you should cheap out on for a gaming PC.

I'd like to recommend for you to use pcpartpicker.com they allow you to match compatible parts together and it tells you how much it will cost from the cheapest retailer that is known to sell them online. It has many options and filters.

12 Last