View Poll Results: Cast your vote on the best costume this halloween!

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aurens

35 18.23%
  • Migluee

50 26.04%
  • Chemdoctor

70 36.46%
  • uziii

19 9.90%
  • Mercelezz

18 9.38%
  1. Halloween Costume Contest | Vote for the top three!

Greetings Warmane community,

As you probably know, we had our biggest forum event in the history of Warmane just a few days ago and we had so many submissions that it left us amazed at what the community has managed to do. The staff has voted and out of the huge amount of submissions we ended up with the top 24 submissions. We simply couldn't decide who would win and in the end we ended up with the top five submissions and we would like you to choose your top three out of those five.

You can vote on the poll above this post and you can see the submissions just below in no specific order.

Spoiler: Show

So here's my costume, you can call me Avratrax the Firelord, or even better...Shannox. ;)

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

The Witch

This character is simply, a raised Death Knight, dressed up as a witch for the victory against the Scourge. Strangely enough, the history goes back to level 55 when Death Knights help the Scourge to eliminate everyone in Lich King's way, to the present, where we serve as the Alliance or the Horde and as most guilds, stand against the Lich King. This character redeemed consciousness when the Lich King's control over his champions was broken, and avenged its death the same way. Most of the players don't notice this when they play death knights, story that might seem depressing in a way.

"A thousand atrocities are etched in the eyes of every death knight, and foes who gaze into them too long will feel the warmth pulled from their bodies, replaced with cold steel."

I'm a big scary witch that likes to take loot
    (when the raid doesn't have an enchanter)
    saving Azeroth from the Headless Horseman,
    or that "pug" that wiped us last night

I'm a big scary witch
    that used to be <the Scourge>* itself
    serving Lich King in the Acherus
    twenty-five bloody damned levels ago

I'm a little scary witch

And it is strange in a way, that this costume represents my character. It used to remind me of the days where my friends would ask me to go out and Roleplay. When I joined Warmane, I stopped caring much about the looks of my character; I wouldn't go out in anything else than my regular end-game gear running around the circle of Dalaran. But after all, this means a lot to me because this character is partially abandoned. I play on my character every day, at least for a few hours, but a bit of it seems empty to me and from the looks, it feels like a regular "I r bis inv me" DK. So I wanted to convey it, make it seem different, and combine every day things that I get to see while raiding, or being a regular guild member, giving creeps on the night of Hallow's end.
    I kind of wanted to go for the "toxic" kind of colours - purple and green, something that reminds of undead traditional colours (like the forsaken tabard and their architecture). I find it very Halloween-y.

Happy-Spooky Halloween!

*guild <The Scourge>
    Super Mario Halloween Costume.
    took me about 1 and a half week to get all the items i needed for this costume
    some items we're really hard to get like those gloves they had a 0,01% dropchance in gnomeregan :D

*To Note: Transmogrification idea from the one and only every 90's kids TV show "Scooby-Doo". The monster named "Ghost of Captain Cutler".*
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psvcaht2qx.png

<Tiny Story Line>
    ::::: A captain that was drowned to death and recovered from the magical powers beneath the dirty grotesque swamps. All his clothes drenched in the color hue of the green seaweed and moss. He rises in the swamps of Tirisfal Glades. From this massive dirt and trash filled swamp rises a captain that was once dead, now possessing a demonic power and also has learned the true ancient arts of a Warlock Spell-caster. Beware he is always watching from the beneath. :::::

::::: He pops his head just a few inches above the swamp to see a potential target. :::::

::::: He sometimes reveals his entire figure when he is ready to attack. :::::

::::: But if you are a truly loyal helper of the Warlock Master the sight of him will be a lot clearer. :::::

::::: He also however watches all the people of the Great Orgrimmar for a potential Alliance enemy that happens to trespass. :::::

2. Chemdoctor 100%
    Reminds me of a few horror movies I've watched.

3. i'm so sad . most transmogs are common :(

4. We have a WoTLK realm with more detailed transmog implementation than Cataclysm/MoP and not to mention the everyone can get items and then just equip them and take a screenshot. It's something called as AFK attire.

As matter of fact due to lower availability of dungeons, some stuff is easier on WoTLK.
    If i was playing mop trust me i would have made something way cooler simply cause of the items that are available. Example being i once saw a dude (in mop) that made him self look like Raiden (from mortal combat) explain to me how can i make this happen in wotlk ?? Answer i can't.
    Edit: I saw 3 potential winners from all the entries and they aren't even featured here.
    Edited: November 9, 2015

5. If i was playing mop trust me i would have made something way cooler simply cause of the items that are available. Example being i once saw a dude (in mop) that made him self look like Raiden (from mortal combat) explain to me how can i make this happen in wotlk ?? Answer i can't.
    Edit: I saw 3 potential winners from all the entries and they aren't even featured here.
    I mean, wasnt everyone that joined the contest a potential winner?

6. I mean, wasnt everyone that joined the contest a potential winner?
    Well for me no, after i looked them all read all the stories people came up with, i saw 3 people that were sure winners but guess they don't even read the stories people came up with.

7. Really????this contest is a complete scam, I dont know what criteria are considering this, but I see the originality and the effort to build an interesting story count for nothing . I am very disappointed with the final vote. Just to let the community know what kind of work I've done , I'll leave here for comparing the difference ;

Even had another very good work that is not even here .
    Definitely never again will I waste time on this.

8. Really????this contest is a complete scam, I dont know what criteria are considering this, but I see the originality and the effort to build an interesting story count for nothing . I am very disappointed with the final vote. Just to let the community know what kind of work I've done , I'll leave here for comparing the difference ;

You dont really get the idea of a costume contest, do you? Its like going to a sculpting contest with a rock you picked up on the street and going "But look at this cool story I wrote about this ****ty sculpture tho!"

9. I think you haven't even bothered to read the contest rules , you 're going to say that a Mario bross costume on a rock has some spooky ? cmon...............................

10. Really????this contest is a complete scam, I dont know what criteria are considering this, but I see the originality and the effort to build an interesting story count for nothing . I am very disappointed with the final vote. Just to let the community know what kind of work I've done , I'll leave here for comparing the difference ;
    I had liked that one, but seems your sole interest was on the prize, not in participarting at all. Don't worry. Skip every further event because should you change mind, you will be automatically turned down.

11. Palutena you're right , next time I will try to do nothing laborious and simply share a crappy screenshot just for participating . I bet that way I win something. :D

12. Voted for Chemdoctor!

Nice scary helmet :))

13. I think you haven't even bothered to read the contest rules , you 're going to say that a Mario bross costume on a rock has some spooky ? cmon...............................
    That's exactly what I though... But meh, forum contests are always like that, deal with it. The skill and creativity doesn't matter here.

14. I think you haven't even bothered to read the contest rules , you 're going to say that a Mario bross costume on a rock has some spooky ? cmon...............................
    i think you are thinking that halloween costumes have to be scary, but it doesn't have to be, I do see where you might think that though.

This was in the contest thread so it might of confused ppl:

We thought to honor this holiday on our forums as well by having a costume contest so you can show off your meanest and scariest costumes/transmogs.
    Edited: November 9, 2015

15. This was in the contest thread so it might of confused ppl:

We thought to honor this holiday on our forums as well by having a costume contest so you can show off your meanest and scariest costumes/transmogs.
    This:
    "Every contribution should be in a form of a reply to this thread and it should contain the following:
    • A picture or a video showing off your custome or transmog. Extra credit if the general theme fits the Hallow's End holiday but submissions that are not will be considered as well." was also mentioned so it was stated that it didn't have to be scary to be taken into consideration. So unless people haven't read the rules/info it shouldn't really be confusing in my opinion.

123 Last