1. Respawn timer is horribly messed up

Does no one else notice this?

You shouldn't have a respawn timer the first time you die after logging in. I also don't ever recall--though my memory may be wrong--where you had a counter from dying in PvE. Maybe I just died too infrequently in PvE.

But there definitely shouldn't be any g*dd*mn timer this quickly, that ramps up this fast. This never happened in retail.

Did you play retail in the expansions leading up and including WOTLK? Do you remember respawn timers on your first death?

2. After dying there is a time in which you can not return to your body, which is known as the "Resurrection Timer". This timer increases with each death to a maximum of 2 minutes. -WoWWiki
    Edited: November 15, 2015

3. It's called the resurrection timer. It is off on warmane. After 2 deaths you shouldn't have to wait a minute. The first death is always an instant rez. Sometimes I hadn't died in hours and then died and had to wait 30 seconds.

4. But there is really no info that I have found regarding the exact specifics on the cooldown duration or exact jumps in wait time