1. What's the status of Locks ? Broken and which spec?

Hello Dear Community,

I started playing a lock those days but i am strugglin to do the dps as expected. I am playing Affliction atm with reforges as retailwise (Intellect > haste > crit > mastery) but i don't see any improvement on the dps.
    I would like to ask if Demonology is broken on that server or not cause on retail was the general top dps of the 3 specs.

Thank u for ur time

P.S Some advice would be welcome also for the specs (Demo - Affliction)

2. I havent played warlock in cata for long but in my experience demo works fine, its just the doomgaurd pet and mastery has really fked the dps output.

3. My answer would depend of weather you play PvP or PvE, but I will give you some general idea.

Both specs can do high dps, but Demonology rotation is a bit trickier. You need to use an addon for tracking bunch of procs. You need to understand all of them and burst accordingly.

Affliction is the most used spec since Affli & Resto Sham can do high rates. People usually give up on Demonology since they don't understand it and think it sucks. You re in luck, I mastered both specs and can tell you something about them. Demonology can do higher burst compared to Affliction, but at long runs, Affliction can do higher overall damage. Warmane repaired "Aura of Foreboding"! Demonology has more diverse ways of peeling and stronger cc, but its complicated to use. It works in double-dps comps and mentioned facts are showing it. As for mastery in Demo spec, I really see nothing "fcked up". Especially when in Demon form, my damage is much higher when using Mastery proc. 2900 Mastery proc can almost double your damage. Maybe Affli has some issues, but I can't tell since I stack haste.

If you wish to learn about Warlock specs on different patches, visit the Warmane List of Guides.

Regards

p.s. Ah, yeh, there is one really annoying bug. You know when u fear someone and the target is moving in fear? The bug is : you fear someone and sometimes u cant see the direction of movement. You think you are faced towards him, but he is actually behind u, etc...
    Edited: November 17, 2015

4. Atm playing PvE Affiction. The problem is that the pets (Doomguard, imp from bane of doom) don't get the proper stats to do the equal dmg. For example when i spawn doomguard i see only 8k health.. It's one hit and down. Also i don't rly if mastery rly works proper on aff. Could be the worst stat for affliciton as it goes haste > crit (retailwise though) but i don't know... 395 il and doing on dummies 27k (not 4 set and missing proper trinkets).