1. New player. Got some questions

Hi ! my name is Abigael.

I've got some question about WoW, i'm a big player of FFXI and FFXIV but i really want to try the experience of World of Warcraft.

So i'm kinda lost, which server should i pick ? is there any differences ?

The leveling is fast or long ? is it worth it to buy a 80 character ?

and went i would have finish with Wotlk could i tranfert my character to MoP ?

Well thank you for answering and have a good day !

2. If you want a proper WoW Experience try WoTLK Lorderon. Other realms may not feel complete to a newcomer.

3. i cant say for FF mmos, but it depends on your style of play. if you want to have a long and rather crazy lvling journey i would recommend trying out the lord wotlk server. its progressive and has x1 lvling right now. i started on x1 here years ago and enjoyed my time playing and exploring azeroth. however if you are just looking to play and get into end content quicker for wotlk then i would recommend either rag or deathwing servers. they are x5 or x7 (honestly not too much difference ) however they are working on a old core right now so there are bugs and glitches that maybe abit bothersome at times. it is worth it imo though. the other expansions are pretty ok but are incomplete. they are missing content, dungeons, raids, and other such things in them. fun to play but will be some time before you will be able to truely experience the expansions.

cata and wotlk have two servers dedicated to pvp and doing pvp activities. they are abit lower population but if you lean that way you might want to try, they are instant 80 and can jump right in and try it out.

i would suggest trying either lord, if you want to be in a high pop with nice core and progressing content (not true progression but closest we can get), or deathwing/ragnaros. those two are about the same.

just try not to let the community get to you and have fun. :)

4. sorry just saw i skipped questions. xD
    i wouldnt get a 80 but i have patience. you wont have gold, you would have no gear, and would also have to learn how to use all abilities, macros, addons, and pretty much way too much unless you have previously played. i say lvl for abit on DW or rag server and then consider it.

no you cant transfer toons from one expansion to another. from one server to another of the same yes but that only applies to wotlk.

i would recommend checking a forum guide or two to help learn some things.

5. Thank you ! Well then i will go on Lordaeron.

But is there a way to spend the less time possible in leveling i hate it so bad..

6. Thank you ! Well then i will go on Lordaeron.

But is there a way to spend the less time possible in leveling i hate it so bad..
    Choose a class that is very efficient at leveling such as hunter or paladin. Get the addon 'Zygor' which will pretty much guide you through the whole leveling process as efficiently as possible.