1. The thing is, on private servers you get those people that do not afford retail, and you get those non english speaking people, that usually sucks ALOT. Speaking of personal experience here.
    The pattern usually goes, good English speaking player > Non/bad English speaking player.

2. The thing is, on private servers you get those people that do not afford retail, and you get those non english speaking people, that usually sucks ALOT. Speaking of personal experience here.
    The pattern usually goes, good English speaking player > Non/bad English speaking player.
    I disagree. I've met some really nice non-English speaking players, mostly because they have the innocence of a stranger in a new country. They may screw your raids but will either say nothing or even apologize. English-speaking players tend to be either extremely nice or cynical and ***** a lot when they screw up.

Onto the topic, I really don't really label if you're good or bad because people show different colors in different situations. I've had guildies who just took advantage me at the end, while I've met *******s who became my friends at the end.

semune (OP), instead of fearing rejection and frustration, try it and see for yourself. We've all said enough in this thread.
    Edited: November 12, 2015

3. Lordaeron has more skilled players than all the other realms (except Blackrock and Warsong).
    I guess a average pug raid on level 80 gonna be 10 times better than on Ragnaros or Deathwing.

4. There are always good pve guilds in all warmane realms. Considering Lordaeron is the "hardcore" realm, probably it has alot of good pve players and for pvp you have Blackrock and Warsong.

5. No **** sherlock, by that I mean 3.0.9 gear which actually will give some resi which will matter unlike the 300 you can get now with the brutal set.
    please dont feel offended, just call it t7 or s5 gear, because i cant really follow you which set exactly you are talking about, since this thread is all about pve but you are kinda jumping between talking about pve and pvp.. also, no. brutal set is not available unless they reenabled the vendors for it.
    and you really think you need "resilience that matters" to find out which are the good or bad players? im not sharing this opinion of yours :P

6. please dont feel offended, just call it t7 or s5 gear, because i cant really follow you which set exactly you are talking about, since this thread is all about pve but you are kinda jumping between talking about pve and pvp.. also, no. brutal set is not available unless they reenabled the vendors for it.
    and you really think you need "resilience that matters" to find out which are the good or bad players? im not sharing this opinion of yours :P
    Well, when i see how many people from AT started playing here, im really happy about how much good PvP we are gonna have, especially in Arena. Im hoping for lots of 3s and the chances are not bad that we will get it :D

7. please dont feel offended, just call it t7 or s5 gear, because i cant really follow you which set exactly you are talking about, since this thread is all about pve but you are kinda jumping between talking about pve and pvp.. also, no. brutal set is not available unless they reenabled the vendors for it.
    Okay I give you the point that I wasnt 100% specific, and yeah, you need resilience to see the diff, and lemme explain why, atm prot warriors are critting way high, and really all they have to do is catch you offguard, like when killing a mob, in a stun and you die (if you dont have a trinket), in that 1-3 secs how can you see if that person times his reflects, fears, interrupts well or just randomly hits his keyboard with his head and still reks because of the state of the game, examples can be made for other classes also, like affli locks dots ticking 600+(noncrits) on 4k max HP and so on. As for pve, with broken mechanics, almost no boss requires a need to use your head, all you need to do atm is google spell rotation for this and this class 3.3.5 and you will do the biggest dmg output, when game mechanics come in, where you need to avoid some dmg effects, switch to random spawners, watch the timers and so on you will see a big diff between the casual raiders and the more serious ones. Hopefully this explained what i meant with my comment. Cheers.

8. There are always good players in popular private servers.

9. I find it hard to understand how anyone can be bad at an mmo, yet the evidence is there, clearly at least 95% of the server is bad. Sure there is some level of "skill" to high end pvp (even if it is less skill than at similar heights of pvp in games designed for skill) but if you want that you better go blackrock... as for pve... it really does boggle my mind how people can be bad at it... and yet they still manage.

As to the actual point of the question: Yes you will be able to fit in here, if you manage to get into one of the guilds where you would fit in for pve.

As for not helping.... the only times i died to a player leveling from 60 to 66 here were when i tried to help people who were so clueless that they managed to turn an easy rape situation into a get raped situation... oh and one other time i died because some one tried to help me in a situation where i would have killed both horde if the ***** hadn't broken both my sap and my blind from 35 yards away.

I have tried to avoid assisting anyone i do not know in world pvp since.... today i made the mistake of trying to help (first time in 7+days) outside coilfang in what I thought was a clear cut win anyway... my blind on the healer got broken almost instantly by a shammy who came back to life just to break my blind and die again (wtf) the two dps who were low health were both fully healed while I killed the third one...

Also I had a few people rage at me for "kill stealing" at earlier levels even though they would have been dead without my help, that also influenced my currently unhelpful status.
    Edited: November 13, 2015

10. Worst than having a server loaded with supposedly bad players, is having any scent of pseudo-professionals like you. I have found players who are new to this game or would be simply labeled as "bad" and yet show a potential to grow indefinitly in skill and knowledge with also the will to. All in all with something that makes them already better players than you, a little bit of humility. I rather surround myself with mediocre skilled yet dedicated players. Besides, this is a server that is bound to stagnate in content, which will allow everyone to grow in skill for as long as they desire.

11. A PvE player can't be good.
    </thread>
    Right cause that's the attitude you wanna have torwards players? :D

12. and who what makes you a better player @op :o

13. A PvE player can't be good.
    </thread>
    An MMO player can't be good.

Fixed.

MMO is about knowledge, experience, gear and RNG. There is little individual skill in any MMO, though there is a bit of "team" skill.

The thing is, on private servers you get those people that do not afford retail, and you get those non english speaking people, that usually sucks ALOT. Speaking of personal experience here.
    Said with such ironically poor English. If you are a native English speaker you should be very ashamed of your English.

P.S. Go play on a non English server and find out the sign is reversed, you piece of ****.
    Edited: November 13, 2015

14. The problem is not how skilled a player is. But i think the main issue is that pro players assume way too much, because they feel they are better. There will never be a limit to how many noobs or pros play. So to me its pointless to complain or point out how many noobs there are and how noob they are. This kind of thinking really hurts mmorpgs and online gaming.

My solution would be to change the dialogue from an observation of a specific group of ppl ... to how i can help a fellow player in need. ]

From my experience, pro players forget that there are new players to this game. Pro players often only give a noob one chance to prove himself, and weve alll been in that situation where ur teacher or coach yells in response to a mistake. Sometimes you are not always on your A gamr. Hes not thinking about the player or his personal growth, but instead the coach is responding to a situation. And for me its not effective.

Effective team building and team success can only be achieved through mutual respect and a shared interest in ones future, instead of talking badly to others. Are you going to be the dude who bashes noobs and hurts their feelings, or the patient dude who enriches the lives of others? Even if the other person is rude or unreceptive of your help, then just move on with a smile, not letting a previous interaction dictate how i treat others.

There are positive and negative forces in this world. What will you be?
    Edited: November 14, 2015

First 12