1. Are there actually "good" players on this server?

Weird question to ask, I know.

I played in Vanilla/BC/Wrath and did rather high end content for BC/Wrath, and am wanting to experience it again.

My worry is that this server is going to be full of well, bad players.

This is not a slight against the community or anything, I'm just genuinely curious if "good" (people from top 100, well, even 500, world guilds) are able to "fit in" here.

2. Man, this is a private server, ofc. it's full of bad players, don't expect to see guilds like Paragon or Method on Lord :P
    But it doesn't mean that you won't be able to find a good guild that can clear all the content up to Halion HC - there will be a few of them for sure, farming heroics on weekly basics.

Right now it's unclrea who is actually cappable of doing more than just nerfed content.

3. In every 100 bad players there is a good one.

Taking 100:1, we have 8000:800.

800 good players is good enough imo.

4. wrong math lolz

100:1 = 80 good players

5. wrong math lolz

100:1 = 80 good players
    Are you trying to scare him off ?

6. With the current state, having WotLK talents on TBC content its hard to clearly seperate the good ones from the bad, because just following the simplest rotation will get you to the max dps output, and in pvp some classes can get away with doing the stupidest things and still melt your face, with the start of the first patch of WoTLK (3.0.9 Naxx) we'll be able to clearly seperate the elite from the trash, until then you can just stay put and hope for the best.

7. There are probably more bad players on retail then here.

8. 50:1 is a good estimation (can only talk for Alliance) - i saw a lot of Alliance players who let you die against Hordes or NPCs, or dont let them join your groups for killing NPCs and bosses (now imagine when you tag the boss first like i did several times), toons of beggars and trashtalkers at global/chat

But this is not propaganda against the community (@ some mods) this is the truth - i dont know why you always say the community is one of the nicest since Molten

9. 50:1 is a good estimation (can only talk for Alliance) - i saw a lot of Alliance players who let you die against Hordes or NPCs, or dont let them join your groups for killing NPCs and bosses (now imagine when you tag the boss first like i did several times), toons of beggars and trashtalkers at global/chat

But this is not propaganda against the community (@ some mods) this is the truth - i dont know why you always say the community is one of the nicest since Molten
    That reminded me; I was camping Cho'war, there were two parties, so only one could get the head. Put pet on agressive, once the elite spawned it was an instant-tag. Guy from the other group proceeds to nerd rage "**** your mentality and hope you die, **** you *****, **** you kid" (ignored). So I laugh it off and start running away only to find out my inventory was full and I didn't pick the head. Corpse was gone of course, so I return for another camp and guy invites me and acts like nothing happened, all nice and stuff.

10. with the start of the first patch of WoTLK (3.0.9 Naxx)
    sounds like you think we are gonna play patch 3.0.9 ... just to make clear, everything we did and everything we will do is running under patch 3.3.5a ...

11. There are probably more bad players on retail then here.
    Well said. You get bad and good players on retail and private servers.

12. rofl you are asking about pve where npcs do always the same things? even if all 8k players on this server are bad, soon or later they will learn the pattern.

13. sounds like you think we are gonna play patch 3.0.9 ... just to make clear, everything we did and everything we will do is running under patch 3.3.5a ...
    No **** sherlock, by that I mean 3.0.9 gear which actually will give some resi which will matter unlike the 300 you can get now with the brutal set.

14. Weird question to ask, I know.

I played in Vanilla/BC/Wrath and did rather high end content for BC/Wrath, and am wanting to experience it again.

My worry is that this server is going to be full of well, bad players.

This is not a slight against the community or anything, I'm just genuinely curious if "good" (people from top 100, well, even 500, world guilds) are able to "fit in" here.
    Not so much a weird question, but a loaded one...

As people pointed out, retail is no "pro-player paradise" or anything. Most of the players usually are mediocre, with an usually smaller group of actually bad ones, and then an even smaller one of good ones. That's what happens in any game. Private servers are no exception to that. If anything, some of the people here might be better than what you had on retail, since retail moved on through content and expansions, while here people are stuck in time and able to hone their skills more and more.

12 Last