1. Preaching in WoW !? Taking it to the next level...

*DISCLAIMER* : Since everybody is so sensitive nowadays (especially about religion), this post has no intention of mocking any belief system and/or religion, just a simple calm discussion about the recent events that i encountered whilst playing the game.

The other day, i decided to start fresh on the infamous x1 rate Lordaeron server, made myself a nice Night Elf Warrior, and immediately joined global /6 chat because running from point A to point B can get really boring and global chat just makes it that much easier. So there i was, killing some spiders, when i noticed that a distinguished group of people started quoting phrases from the Hebrew bible. At first i though it was just somebody trolling and it'll go away in a couple of minutes, but i was deceived. It continued throughout the day , and the next day, and the day after, which actually made me write this forum post. These couple of people who were posting and talking excessively about religion started a couple of sh*tstorms across the global channel leading to the most disgusting salty language i had seen in a while. You can always /ignore them but still, preaching and religion IMO is a thing that that you should keep outside the game regardless of your religious views. We're all here to have fun and not to convert people to a religious beleif.

And for the closing argument here are a couple of questions to enhance the discussion :
    What is your opinion about preaching and religion in relation with WoW ?
    Do you think that people who constantly flame the chat by preaching should be muted/banned for a sequence of time ?
    Are preachers evolving to a gamer preachers and in that way making the community endangered to uncalled religious fights all the time ?

With due respect to all,
    Erhenwolf
    Edited: November 14, 2015 Reason: Minor logical errors

2. Religion/beliefs should be kept private, both in game and in real life. all it does it start drama and bs.

3. Don't worry, all the trolls will be replaced by cosntant "LFM Nax/ToC/ICC" spam as soon as WotLK releases and we will have a boring global once again.

4. Don't worry, all the trolls will be replaced by cosntant "LFM Nax/ToC/ICC" spam as soon as WotLK releases and we will have a boring global once again.
    Not really true. There are those out there that will continue to spam their religion on global no matter what. Seriously or trolling. Also to point out, it does not just pertain to religion. There are many who sit there all the time while playing and start spamming the crap out of one or two lines. Come to Frostwolf and play horde and listen to one guy **** himself on how great he supposedly is. After 30 minutes the ignore button gets used...but the sad part is that others join in...and then the ignore list grows.

5. Religion/beliefs should be kept private, both in game and in real life. all it does it start drama and bs.
    This. Couldn't be said in a more simple and truthful way. All of these "discussions" ingame lead to endless loop of fighting and hate speach. Never did and never will it bring anything good to the gaming table. Keep your beliefs and the connection with your god to yourself, as all of your prophets and historic religious figures thought you to. Be they real or not, not one of them said you should stick your god in other people's faces. I'm not a religious person myself but I can understand and respect other people's beliefs. Too bad that in too many cases, it's not the same the other way around...
    Edited: November 14, 2015 Reason: grammar

6. Good to be Horde. Get to play with a stronger Adult audience and most Horde generally don't care about religion, that which is why they play Horde.

Woot, FOR THE HORDE!!!

7. Good to be Horde. Get to play with a stronger Adult audience and most Horde generally don't care about religion, that which is why they play Horde.

Woot, FOR THE HORDE!!!
    I'm sorry but i have to call BS on that. Just because you're on the Horde side it doesn't mean that they have a more mature and ''adult'' audience. IMO both sides are equally as immature as they are mature, the level of maturity just depends by which people are you surrounded whilst you raid, PvP or do any other stuff while you are in the game...

At the end of the day, you guys got the Troll race and you're telling me they're not trolling you at all, and are all mature and adult !? Lies, sweet lies...(sarcasm)

With due respect to all,
    Etherwolf

8. I'm sorry but i have to call BS on that. Just because you're on the Horde side it doesn't mean that they have a more mature and ''adult'' audience. IMO both sides are equally as immature as they are mature, the level of maturity just depends by which people are you surrounded whilst you raid, PvP or do any other stuff while you are in the game...

At the end of the day, you guys got the Troll race and you're telling me they're not trolling you at all, and are all mature and adult !? Lies, sweet lies...(sarcasm)

With due respect to all,
    Etherwolf

and honestly I have to call BS on your BS and I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you personally as a person, but from my 9yrs wow experience with 4 to 5yr of Molten/Warmane experience I have personally found more mature players on the Horde side that just wanna have a good time and play the game. Now that isn't without saying there aren't any good, mature players on the Alliance, but IMHO I do feel Alliance get a lot more trolls and childish players. You can take this game breaking news however you want, but it's not a personal jab at all Alliance players, but just an observation mixed with some personal experience.

I do and have dealt with some trolls and toxic players on Horde, but it's never been anywhere as close as what I experienced on Alliance.

At the end of the day for me, it's all For The Horde and I'm glad we don't have all that drama. So far my experience on Lordaeron Horde has been amazing and hardly without trolls.

Keep up the great job Warmane and thank you so much for the great experience.

9. And for the closing argument here are a couple of questions to enhance the discussion :

1. What is your opinion about preaching and religion in relation with WoW ?
    2. Do you think that people who constantly flame the chat by preaching should be muted/banned for a sequence of time ?
    3. Are preachers evolving to a gamer preachers and in that way making the community endangered to uncalled religious fights all the time ?

With due respect to all,
    Erhenwolf
    1. I am against preaching. Debating and discussing on the other hand are to be encouraged, as they are both much more beneficial, than having someone's beliefs shoved down your throat. F@#k preaching.

2. Yes. Keep faith off the damn game. I came here to kill things, heal other things, and get loot. I did NOT come here to be informed about somebody's imaginary friend.

3. Considering that in the information era, where all sorts of knowledge can be accessed with the click of a button, religions have no hope of spreading within the ranks of anyone with a mindset more developed than that of a gullible child. It is with much dread that I have to say yes. As much as we make fun of small kids, they are quite prevalent here in WoW. It would come as no surprise if faith organizations start targeting these meeting grounds of the underage to try and fill their innocent little heads with their antiquated hokum.

Start reporting this and start handing out the mutes.
    Edited: November 15, 2015

10. and honestly I have to call BS on your BS and I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you personally as a person, but from my 9yrs wow experience with 4 to 5yr of Molten/Warmane experience I have personally found more mature players on the Horde side that just wanna have a good time and play the game. Now that isn't without saying there aren't any good, mature players on the Alliance, but IMHO I do feel Alliance get a lot more trolls and childish players. You can take this game breaking news however you want, but it's not a personal jab at all Alliance players, but just an observation mixed with some personal experience.

I do and have dealt with some trolls and toxic players on Horde, but it's never been anywhere as close as what I experienced on Alliance.

At the end of the day for me, it's all For The Horde and I'm glad we don't have all that drama. So far my experience on Lordaeron Horde has been amazing and hardly without trolls.

Keep up the great job Warmane and thank you so much for the great experience.
    I've played Horde since I've played WoW, always an orc or undead, however I regret to say you're wrong. The Horde attracts way more edgy teenages than the Alliance. Last night I played on my dwarf pally (race changed from belf) and i have to admit, every RHC and raid went off without problems, people were social and friendly. We joked. I had the most fun I've had in WoW in awhile. After 8 years I think I might switch. 4 more days till ill have enough points but I don't think my mind will change. (the alliance also seems to be more populated on DW)

11. As for the preaching, to an extent it can be a good thing.
    Spamming global is redundant and childish but to keep religion out of the game all together is wrong to even try to do. For example, Christian/Islamic players don't say curse words and I have seen them request we people not swear in front of them. Their wishes were respected within our guild and I didn't know his religion, he didn't even tell us. He just said it was against his beliefs. Warcraft is a social game and there is always another person with feelings and emotions on the other side of the screen, religion can bring friends together and unite similar thinking individuals, only bafoons argue about and try to force religion.

12. It's nothing new. Before the hijack, there was a guy who preached to the point where all of global was put at the edge of their seat, silent for a good 8 minutes and once that time was up, people questioned themselves and or reality, fearing, if you will.

But not all of us eat those words, but the thing we all share in common is that something is and will happen, we are just too sucked up in social media and all that other time wasting stuff.

As for the preaching, to an extent it can be a good thing.
    Spamming global is redundant and childish but to keep religion out of the game all together is wrong to even try to do. For example, Christian/Islamic players don't say curse words and I have seen them request we people not swear in front of them. Their wishes were respected within our guild and I didn't know his religion, he didn't even tell us. He just said it was against his beliefs. Warcraft is a social game and there is always another person with feelings and emotions on the other side of the screen, religion can bring friends together and unite similar thinking individuals, only bafoons argue about and try to force religion.
    Some people can't handle the truth. Plus the stupidity of the toxic players from the community is all the more charming, thinking they can piss someone off.

1. I am against preaching. Debating and discussing on the other hand are to be encouraged, as they are both much more beneficial, than having someone's beliefs shoved down your throat. F@#k preaching.

2. Yes. Keep faith off the damn game. I came here to kill things, heal other things, and get loot. I did NOT come here to be informed about somebody's imaginary friend.

3. Considering that in the information era, where all sorts of knowledge can be accessed with the click of a button, religions have no hope of spreading within the ranks of anyone with a mindset more developed than that of a gullible child. It is with much dread that I have to say yes. As much as we make fun of small kids, they are quite prevalent here in WoW. It would come as no surprise if faith organizations start targeting these meeting grounds of the underage to try and fill their innocent little heads with their antiquated hokum.

Start reporting this and start handing out the mutes.
    Ok, but the talking and joking about raping someone, anything se.x related, racism, bashing and threats of killing someone, threats of being a terrorist or happy for the death of many is okay, knowing damn well teens and kids, the youngest around Warmane being almost 6-7 years old playing the game should hear that bs?

If you don't want something like this to be spoken about, how about you remove the other stuff there while you're at it, Sans would be proud if you do.
    Edited: November 18, 2015

13. Religion was, is, and will continue to be a cheap excuse to control masses and brainwash people into some strange moral guide that will award rewards/punishments as you follow/disobey It's teachings. It also fills the ancient human need to remember themselves they are small worthless dots in a landscape of chaos, yet special snowflakes that have this imaginary being of power watching over them and protecting them to do It's "Divine command", and they have to thank "It", posibly a remanent of old mindsets about lords and slaves, and this twisted concept of being humble that's been shoved to all the gullible minds.

Plus, It seems to be one of the few things keeping people from doing horrible things, as this psycological tool puts them under control and stops them from breaking into unstable sociopaths that would disregard law, other's rights and general humanity if the threat of a "place of eternal punishment for being bad, AKA hell" didn't "exist" in their heads. But is not part of all situations, just look the mess ISIS is doing.

Anything related with Religion usually has some twisted and sick background, if you scratch the surface just a little, you can see how broken beyond repair most fanatics and deep believers are. Everyday I see how religion just continues to breed bad stuff.

Anything Religion related in global chat should recieve a 1 day ban warning, and if they do it again 1 month, then permanent. Religion should be keep to self, in WoW and outside.

I'm very happy I was born in an age wehre religions and their sick schemes are finally starting to die in favor to knowledge, self awareness and freedom.

14. Ok, but the talking and joking about raping someone, anything se.x related, racism, bashing and threats of killing someone, threats of being a terrorist or happy for the death of many is okay, knowing damn well teens and kids, the youngest around Warmane being almost 6-7 years old playing the game should hear that bs?

If you don't want something like this to be spoken about, how about you remove the other stuff there while you're at it, Sans would be proud if you do.
    Yeah, we should get rid of that bull as well.

15. Religion was, is, and will continue to be a cheap excuse to control masses and brainwash people into some strange moral guide that will award rewards/punishments as you follow/disobey It's teachings. It also fills the ancient human need to remember themselves they are small worthless dots in a landscape of chaos, yet special snowflakes that have this imaginary being of power watching over them and protecting them to do It's "Divine command", and they have to thank "It", posibly a remanent of old mindsets about lords and slaves, and this twisted concept of being humble that's been shoved to all the gullible minds.

Plus, It seems to be one of the few things keeping people from doing horrible things, as this psycological tool puts them under control and stops them from breaking into unstable sociopaths that would disregard law, other's rights and general humanity if the threat of a "place of eternal punishment for being bad, AKA hell" didn't "exist" in their heads. But is not part of all situations, just look the mess ISIS is doing.

Anything related with Religion usually has some twisted and sick background, if you scratch the surface just a little, you can see how broken beyond repair most fanatics and deep believers are. Everyday I see how religion just continues to breed bad stuff.

Anything Religion related in global chat should recieve a 1 day ban warning, and if they do it again 1 month, then permanent. Religion should be keep to self, in WoW and outside.

I'm very happy I was born in an age wehre religions and their sick schemes are finally starting to die in favor to knowledge, self awareness and freedom.
    Guess what? That's all your opinion and no one ****ing cares about your opinion because its not even close to truth. You're smearing smut because you're some edgy teenager whose jumping on a band-wagon since the Paris attacks. People like you make me sick and your also forgot to tip your fedora to let me know ur a giant ******.

What sounds more enlightened and intelligent? The guy who can't tolerate peoples culture and belief or the guy who accept people for who they are, the backgrounds they come from? Don't even bother arguing with me, cause hiding by your post you probably have very few friends and I'm not interested in curving your loneliness . Thank you for this invaluable input.

12 Last