1. Leveling guidance

Hello,
    Quick question here from new Lordaeron player, do we have warlock leveling guide? talent for leveling and may be for facing ganking while leveling?
    i already search, but no result from warmane forum.

I read this:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post6471328
    but the talent at there is link to wowhead which not for 3.3.5a anymore.

thanks.

2. I generally don't put too much taught into leveling as I should but this works always for me. For talents I go http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#Ifx0rhbAoVVMIktbGc0khb

It's a basic DoT and run tactic, you can cast Shadow Bolt in front to get the debuff on the enemy and to get a free SB on him of course, DoT and kite, or if you like to use your Voidwalker like me, your pet will have the aggro and you can just continue spamming SB or Drain Life if you used Life tap recently and need some health back. Corruption heals you for quite a bit so groups of enemies are not a problem either, especially if kiting, but remember to put Corr on all of them.

As for ganks, you have 2 points in Improved Fear and Howl, Voidwalker's Sacrafice spell, Soul Link from demo tree and the healing from affl tree. If you go to some less populated zones (Desolace, Winterspring, Wetlands, Hinterlands... depending on the faction mostly) you can more or less avoid early level ganks. Later in Outland and Northrend you will already have a deep affl spec which is pretty solid in most situations.

Again, this is my personal way of leveling up my warlocks and it works for me. There are definitely other guides for this topic, but in the end I would say it comes down to what you like depending on your playstyle.

3. I generally don't put too much taught into leveling as I should but this works always for me. For talents I go http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#Ifx0rhbAoVVMIktbGc0khb ....
    thanks for the response, now I have some sight for the talent the main thing to be done while leveling.
    seeing your talent, it seems you only use VW as pet.
    a bit question, which one is more effective in your experience:
    - putting talent at demology first till Soul Link (lvl 20 i guess) then go to affliction after that,
    - or just go to affliction first for faster UA?
    personally, I think at low level, its better to strengthen my self and pet before rising my damage.

thanks.

4. Im leveling a lock now , hes 40. I put 5talents for fast shadowbolt then the rest in affliction, im close to UA. Im using the voidwalker like a tank and its easy.

5. At first it won't make any noticeable difference. The numbers are low and you will have to rely on other things to survive, but you can plan ahead depending on your situation.

What I mean with "situation" is I use heirlooms and because of that I always go Affl first because your spells will deal more damage and heal you for more. Also If you plan on rolling tailoring as your profession during leveling you can also count on some spell power gear here and there and you will have some extra points in stamina from it as well, just make sure to update your gear regularly according to your current character level.

But if you will not have the stat advantage from looms or tailoring gear, I would definitely roll Demo.. more health, pet is getting healed, pet will be able to take aggro, larger Sacrifice shied from pet and of course as you mentioned Soul link will mitigate 20% of the damage done to you.

So basically if you will have good gear (etc. looms or tailoring), go affli.. if you will depend on quests to provide you the gear, go demo.

And as said before, the first few levels will be rough, you will have to use your weapons most of the time because it will give you that extra kick (staff, fists.. punch those suckers without mercy, you are a lock, show no mercy, and even wands if you manage to get one or make one from Enchanting which goes well with Tailoring).

Hope it makes sense.

6. Demo is generally considered as the best leveling spec for Warlocks. Destruction has very little sustain and is very mana-hungry, despite of it being the most straightforward of the specs - first you light it up, then you burn it down. Affliction has superb sustain and you basically never ever stop to eat, but it can be slow in bringing down mobs, it can get boring and mobs dying when your DoTs aren't even half off their duration is kinda disappointing. Pulling 4-5 mobs, Corrupting each of them, then enjoying the self-heals and free Shadowbolts is quite satisfactory though.

In the end the choice is yours.

7. Thanks for all the insight all of you have been share to me.
    with Lordaeron situation, no heirloom, 1x rate and 1st char, I guess I will take the demon path.

this:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#IfZbGfhkAzicsxuAoxc
    will be my talent during level up, I don't know very well how demo will work, may be CoA, Corr, Immolate.
    I just though that my pet safety is first concern here.

Will be long journey with my current playtime, hope I will enjoy it.
    thanks

8. Hmm, while I do understand your point for skipping Molten Core and Decimation, maybe you should re-think that. By the time you get Decimation you will already have Soul Fire. From that point on killing mobs becomes an insane Soul Fire spam. You can delay Decimation for after getting Incinerate, but the cast time reduction and damage increase is quite significant.

Improved Demonic Tactics is a very weak talent in every way. Your spell crit during leveling will be around 10-15% - 30% from that is like 4% crit for your pet for 3 talent points = not worth.

9. Hmm, while I do understand your point for skipping Molten Core and Decimation, maybe you should re-think that. By the time you get Decimation you will already have Soul Fire. From that point on killing mobs becomes an insane Soul Fire spam. You can delay Decimation for after getting Incinerate, but the cast time reduction and damage increase is quite significant.

Improved Demonic Tactics is a very weak talent in every way. Your spell crit during leveling will be around 10-15% - 30% from that is like 4% crit for your pet for 3 talent points = not worth.
    Couldn't agree more with you m8

10. Hmm, while I do understand your point for skipping Molten Core and Decimation, maybe you should re-think that. By the time you get Decimation you will already have Soul Fire. From that point on killing mobs becomes an insane Soul Fire spam. You can delay Decimation for after getting Incinerate, but the cast time reduction and damage increase is quite significant.

ouwww yea... that'ss right, I've got your point, thanks so much for your suggestion.
    yup, I read in many forum that molten core and decimation are raid talents, that's why I skip them, but your explanation really open my eyes.

Also, i read that some people go with demon tree until felguard only and do not go for metamorp during leveling, they have tendency to put the rest talent points on destruc tree.

11. If you look up guides on the internet, the answer that you'll find most common is "Affli till 50 and Demo after that". personally i feel Sooo comfortable leveling as affliction, it allows me just to dot npcs and forget about them beceause they will die , you can also do that for multiple ones since Siphon life healing is not to be underestimated ,it also allows you to stay at high mana for a lot of time specially if you are playin with voidwalker's shield, once you get haunt, you can even start soloing all elite quest bosses. it might not be the most used spec for leveling but it is how i would level every single time.