1. warlock or hunter pvp/pve?

Hi there, i want to level an alt, but i'm kinda struggling : hunter or warlock? i remember liking those two classes back in wotlk, surv and marksman feel good, but destro and affli too.

I'll probably decide depending on their viability pvp/pve wise

What do you think?

2. Depends what pvp games do u prefer more. 1v1? 2v2? 3v3? 5v5? bgs? At every specific pvp hunter shines more than warlock and vice versa (for example affli lock is not that good at 2v2 as hunter but much better at 3v3).

3. Pve wise, demo warlocks are looked for more than hunters (in my experience). Note: demo, noone cares about affli in pve because if you want raw dps, just go hunter. Destruction blows in pve

Pvp, hunters dominate bgs more than locks but they can too

In arena, I'd say playing hunter is a bit harder since it doesn't have as much control as warlock. Both have rank1 comps in 2s, in terms of 3s there aren't gonna be that many teams queueing so comp isn't gonna be an issue IMO.

Both classes are dope, just keep in mind that in PVE, you pretty much always go demo as lock

4. hunters deal more dmg in pve for sure, we are like the very top dps :P hunter is love, hunter is life

5. I don't know why people only look at the dps. You are raiding as a group. Each class and each spec have their benefits.

I think both classes doing fine in pve and are important for the raid.

For pvp: it depends on your playstyle and your team comb. Hunters have more cc, I think. And I love the hunter disengage

6. Ive seen Affli Locks at the top of multiple raids at the moment! While pallys, warrs, and hunters are at the top of damage meters as well.

7. you can play anything in pve pretty much...if blizzard balanced anything in this game its pve...for pvp like some1 said before those 2 are each better at different aspects of the game, warlock is better for 3v3 (altho there are good comps for hunter as well) but warlocks biggest problem is 1v1, at least for affli which is most popular pvp spec for warlocks...for bgs they are quite equal in terms of valuability, however warlock might be a bit better in fights with lots of ppl cuz the amount of dmg he can pull with multidoting is ridiculous at the latest patches (mostly wrathful, not so sure about the ones before tho)

8. Ive seen Affli Locks at the top of multiple raids at the moment! While pallys, warrs, and hunters are at the top of damage meters as well.
    Yup affli can be easily top dps if played correctly but also remember the current drain soul bug which can hits even for 20k per tick :O

9. you can play anything in pve pretty much...if blizzard balanced anything in this game its pve...for pvp like some1 said before those 2 are each better at different aspects of the game, warlock is better for 3v3 (altho there are good comps for hunter as well) but warlocks biggest problem is 1v1, at least for affli which is most popular pvp spec for warlocks...for bgs they are quite equal in terms of valuability, however warlock might be a bit better in fights with lots of ppl cuz the amount of dmg he can pull with multidoting is ridiculous at the latest patches (mostly wrathful, not so sure about the ones before tho)
    I wish the "Blizzard made everything balanced in PvE" was something that kept up for all expansions...

It did not. It really did not.

@OP

Take the one you enjoy the most. Take both classes to about level 40, then decide which one to max.

My personal hint... Warlocks are uncommon, for some reason they are not as overplayed as they usually are on WOTLK servers, And It's not due to bugs, I have a Warlock and the only *Gamebreaking* bug I've found so far is actually... a benefitial bug, Soul Drain does like 10 times more damage at 25% health rather than 4.

10. Not to mention many guilds on both factions are recruiting locks since they are so sparsely played atm.

They might be the best choice right now to roll if youre looking to raid.