1. So... Ironman...

I wonder if anyone would be interested in doing this? For those that are unfamiliar with the term it works as follows:

The general idea of this is to level a character as high as possible without the use of any talents, non-white gear, external buffs (food / elixirs), partying, boosting or anything that the character doesn't have by itself.... Without dying...

The rules from retail are here: http://wowchallenges.com/index.php?Show=IronManRules

Of course there are limits to what we'll be able to track here on Lordaeron, so much of it will rely on the person's own intergity. The idea seems fitting since it's one of the hardest challenges to actually pull off.

If people are interested, post here and we can see if we can start organising an event of sorts.

2. Except most people do it in PvE realms where there's no world PvP. If anyone manages to level to max level, no matter if he equips greens+,without dying, he's a god in my eyes and should be given all the money in the world.

3. That is another part of the challenge added on Lordaeron. There might be ways to circumvent that, but that would largely depend on the cooperation of the rest of the community.

It is possible to avoid ganking for the most part, though (at least up to 60) - just keep away from populated areas. Of course that's sub-optimal, but still.

4. I will go to the starting areas if I see that someone says yes. This is a PvP Realm and this kind of events should be erradicated as fast as possible before they become a thing. Ganking people 40 levels less than you should be promoted. Learn to die. Then learn to dance. Then learn to play. That's life.

Edit: I am the Iron Girl - Slayer of Masculinity.

5. Good luck killing someone in a starting zone...

6. Entirely possible as a paladin, you just need to get yourself to level 34 (which is perfectly obtainable for Horde by simply following belf quest chain and completing Barrens afterwards; if you're Alliance you'll need to complete all your starting zones and some bits from empty contested zones such as Wetlands) and be lucky enough to not run into hostile high-level priests.

Actually the hardest (and the most important) part about the Ironman challenge here is dealing with lag, blackouts or falling through the world.

7. snip...
    Would it suit you if we called it Ironperson?

8. gl gettin out of the first contested territory without dying.

9. gl gettin out of the first contested territory without dying.
    I never said it would be easy...

Anyway, no one's actually said they would be interested / uninterested :P

10. I've always wanted to try this but dear god with the way this server is.. You'd almost have to be a rogue/druid or hunter with track humanoid up at all times just to avoid the gankers...

I can see this being really fun though! I'm certainly interested in anyone who would try it, that'd be a twitch stream I'd actually tune in to lmao.

Actually a Nelf might be able to pull this off, better than most at least. You'd still need some form of track humanoid or at least Carbonite to alert you when enemy players are around.

Someone should do this...........

11. I've always wanted to try this but dear god with the way this server is.. You'd almost have to be a rogue/druid or hunter with track humanoid up at all times just to avoid the gankers...

I can see this being really fun though! I'm certainly interested in anyone who would try it, that'd be a twitch stream I'd actually tune in to lmao.

Actually a Nelf might be able to pull this off, better than most at least. You'd still need some form of track humanoid or at least Carbonite to alert you when enemy players are around.

Someone should do this...........
    if someone attempts this they really shouldn't stream it, you'd have players like me who'd watch the stream simply to see where you are, and then go kill you and laugh.

12. if someone attempts this they really shouldn't stream it, you'd have players like me who'd watch the stream simply to see where you are, and then go kill you and laugh.
    Yeah, at best recording and uploading later would be the best idea.

Anyway, I'm gonna attempt it over the coming holidays (southern hemisphere, summertime). I'd love to have some competition / company though. Don't think I'll record though, but we'll see.

I guess I'll take this as a proof of concept, to see if it's doable. If so we could have an event later on.

13. Would it suit you if we called it Ironperson?
    REKT Myself.

14. I will go to the starting areas if I see that someone says yes. This is a PvP Realm and this kind of events should be erradicated as fast as possible before they become a thing. Ganking people 40 levels less than you should be promoted. Learn to die. Then learn to dance. Then learn to play. That's life.

This is so ****ing cancerous

15. So far I have reached a grand level 10. Of course it was a major challenge so far, I can't imagine reaching 11 :)

12 Last