1. Account Rename?

Hey there!

There was no option for a general enquiry within a ticket, so here it is under support on the forums..

I was wondering if it was possible to rename my account?

I have a series of accounts, all with account names that are followed by a number (1, 2, 3, etc) to determine what toons they have. I was wondering if it was possible to change my account names to something that would be easier for me to remember (for example from Xylophone1 to Love1).

I only want to do this with 2 of my accounts.

I would highly appreciate any help with this. If PM'd by a moderator, i can supply the 2 account names i want changed, and what to change them to (and yes, i have full access to both accounts, original email addresses, etc - they're mine).

2. No, that isn't an available option.

3. Any reason for that not being an option?

It was an option a while ago when i recovered my accounts after moltdown, and so was the ability to change your forum name. Do you guys actually provide support these days?

Warsong core not even implemented, marketplace point store only has **** gear that no one wants, everytime an issue with this server is mentioned in a thread it gets deleted. And now you've removed/denying support options that were once available. Just plain lazy if im being honest.

EDIT: In fact, even these 1 liner replies are just plain lazy. You don't even provide a reason behind anything. Watch me get a forum warning, but you're the embodiment of your forum name.

4. It was an option a while ago
    It was NEVER an option. I work here since May 2010 and I would know if it was. Not even after moltdown it was available. Forum name change is disabled for the time being but I'm doing that should the user contact me via PM.

Support? Yes we offer. We are just denying something that was never offered to start with (ability to change account names). The issue at hand is how players can't accept no as an answer and start complaining and demanding things.

5. write your info down in a notepad file and save it somewhere, or write it down on a piece of paper and put it somewhere secure. just because warmane doesn't cater to you doesn't make them lazy.

6. It was an option a while ago
    It was NEVER an option. I work here since May 2010 and I would know if it was. Not even after moltdown it was available. Forum name change is disabled for the time being but I'm doing that should the user contact me via PM.

Support? Yes we offer. We are just denying something that was never offered to start with (ability to change account names). The issue at hand is how players can't accept no as an answer and start complaining and demanding things.
    It was offered. I remember it clearly, too. I changed all my account names pre-moltdown and post-moltdown. We had the option to change our accounts names after recovering our accounts too. I have an entire log folder full of these things incase i lose access to any of my accounts, i have original email addresses, original account names, original registered IP addresses, etc.

And my issue was not that I wanted to sit here and demand anything as though I should be entitled to anything.. it was the lack of effort put into giving me a response. No reason was provided as to why this option is no longer available, just a "No, that isn't an available option.".

I appreciate your detailed response, so thank you for taking the time to explain to me why these changes are no longer available.