1. Proclaimed Release of WOTLK in mid of December

What up fellow nerds,

so I dunno but most of u probably read it in game yesterday: the presumed release date of the WOTLK expansion for Lordaeron is expected to be around early-mid December.

What does this mean?

Firstly, for the few people that enjoy TBC PvE content there will be little time to clear and farm BT and Sunwell, which should be estimated to be rather blizzlike, because of the recent closure of both dungeons in order to work on them. Of course I can understand that most of the community does not care about this, but for the big PVE guilds BT and especially Sunwell loot is crucial to ensure a quick levelling to 80 as well as an easier entry into the first WOTLK raids.

Secondly, a release in mid December would collide with the Christmas holidays that most people (I just assume that here) will use to drive home to their family, because they want to spend time with them and friends that havent been seen for quite some time. How is hardcore-levelling, -pveing and -pvping possible when ure at home at this time of the year? I mean were all nerds, but were certainly not wasting Christmas and New Year to sit in front of our computer. On a different note, would that be beneficial to the server's popularity in general? Can u expect the server to be capped as it is right now in the Christmas holidays?

If u ask me, this release date would make little sense over all, as it does not allow for a fair competition of the server firsts, be it levelling-, profession- or pvewise. Furthermore the release of a new expansion should correlate with hype, excitement and a congestion of the zones. Is that really given when choosing such an unfitting release date? I would therefore suggest to release Wrath in early January, 5th-10th or so.

What do u guys think about this topic in general? Do u share some of my concerns or do u feel like wtf is this guy even on about? In addition, I'd also appreciate if we could get some official involved into the discussion, since he might be able to update us with the latest information.

Regards,

Punisher of N00bs

2. 1. Lordaeron is a Wrath of the Lich King server. We are releasing content gradually, but the goal is one and one only. If content is ready, it will be released. There's a lot more to players beyond "big PvE guilds," and most of them want to get past Burning Crusade as soon as possible. Those "big PvE guilds" will have to adapt themselves to this reality.

2. You talk like if the release will be on Christmas' Eve, which doesn't seems to be the case. Most people I know don't take a break a week or two before Christmas to go hang out with family (in fact I can't think of any). Perhaps yours do, but similarly to point 1, we have thousands of players. Every year we still have high populations during this time of the year, so I don't see why content should be stalled because of these "big PvE guilds" who happen to take long breaks to hag out with family. This seems more like an "appeal to emotion" because you personally might not be around.

3. What up fellow nerds,

so I dunno but most of u probably read it in game yesterday: the presumed release date of the WOTLK expansion for Lordaeron is expected to be around early-mid December.

What does this mean?

Firstly, for the few people that enjoy TBC PvE content there will be little time to clear and farm BT and Sunwell, which should be estimated to be rather blizzlike, because of the recent closure of both dungeons in order to work on them. Of course I can understand that most of the community does not care about this, but for the big PVE guilds BT and especially Sunwell loot is crucial to ensure a quick levelling to 80 as well as an easier entry into the first WOTLK raids.

Secondly, a release in mid December would collide with the Christmas holidays that most people (I just assume that here) will use to drive home to their family, because they want to spend time with them and friends that havent been seen for quite some time. How is hardcore-levelling, -pveing and -pvping possible when ure at home at this time of the year? I mean were all nerds, but were certainly not wasting Christmas and New Year to sit in front of our computer. On a different note, would that be beneficial to the server's popularity in general? Can u expect the server to be capped as it is right now in the Christmas holidays?

If u ask me, this release date would make little sense over all, as it does not allow for a fair competition of the server firsts, be it levelling-, profession- or pvewise. Furthermore the release of a new expansion should correlate with hype, excitement and a congestion of the zones. Is that really given when choosing such an unfitting release date? I would therefore suggest to release Wrath in early January, 5th-10th or so.

What do u guys think about this topic in general? Do u share some of my concerns or do u feel like wtf is this guy even on about? In addition, I'd also appreciate if we could get some official involved into the discussion, since he might be able to update us with the latest information.

Regards,

Punisher of N00bs
    January? hell NO
    each of your point can be demoted with an argument.
    Just because a minority wont be able to to play during holidays doesnt mean they have to delay release for them. Just because some people are to slow to obtain gear, doesnt mean WOTLK have to be delayed, there are alot of people with full epic gear with 1600-1700gs (dont tell me its not enough to clear BC). I'd say BC will be cleared within hours of release

So hell NO! In my opinion release of WoTLk should be 20-25 december. (3 week period of BC is enough), The unbalance in classes are insane atm (eg: locks have 0 usefull glyphs, since the main ones are in northrend research, druids talents are handicapped hard, you need to sacrifice some things that are essential in builds, and i could go on and on).

Edit: but sure, everyone who rolled a Ret@rdin or Rogue have everything they need and dont care about others.
    Edited: November 23, 2015

4. So hell NO! In my opinion release of WoTLk should be 20-25 december
    lets pretend you didnt say that please.

5. Ye January 5th is perfect lets ASSUME that would be 1 month of BT/Sunwell/Fix Door in TK to get people some gear for equal server first 80 race. Releasing anytime in december isnt a good idea. In other news, mining veins are still bugged...hope they address this issue before theirs 1 cobalt per zone and you need 500 bars to get to saronite.

6. for the big PVE guilds BT and especially Sunwell loot is crucial to ensure a quick levelling to 80 as well as an easier entry into the first WOTLK raids.
    A guy who calls himself the "Punisher of Noobs" (not to mention that only 12 year olds use that word) shouldn't fail that hard. I mean for real, even an 8 year old knows that some of the first green items of a new expansion have better values than the best epics from the previous expansion. The TBC gear will become obsolete the second WotLK "hits the shelves". Please don't embarrass yourself like that. I now kinda feel bad about the "big PVE guild" that you're in. They need to improve their application form.

7. So, we know 2 things:
    1) One or two weeks before christmas
    and
    2)Early mid of December
    I want to say thanks for this decision.
    So for sure we can expect it in period of 10/12/2015 - 17/12/2015, if the information below said one of Devs.

8. Your points Mister Obnoxious kinda counter their own purpose.
    If you're trying to cater to the more casual players, wouldn't they be the ones struggling to get through early content because of this questionable release date.
    The "big PvE guilds" have already cleared all content you've thrown at us in TBC.
    Us in the more "hardcore" guilds, on this "most hardcore Wotlk realm ever" would probably be able to clear the content in the first few days/week of wrath and then go on a break.

I realize you don't care about TBC content as this is a Wotlk server. But seeming as you closed BT after we cleared everything except Illidan, and you're yet to release Sunwell presumably to work out some kinks, wouldn't it be wasted effort on your end to not even let us play them?

Release of new content, especially on private servers like this one tend to come with bugs and other lovely things to make everyone's day more complicated, whether its Warmane staff or players. I assume staff aren't that keen on working their butts off during the holidays either.

As for JustFab, forums aren't for name-calling and all the other nonsense you just spewed out without knowledge. Feel free to be constructive though, if you want your opinion weighted. Sunwell gear would still be worn by most players throughout Naxxramas due to set bonuses, gems, enchants, and attaining defense cap as a tank etc.

I've seen suggestions as to delayed raid releases to open up for a more "fair" release and not a "race to 80 is all that matters" or whatever the thought behind it is. Whether this is something you're considering or not, we know nothing about.
    As we are granted zero information until it either hits us straight in the face or at best with a 24/48 hour warning its hard to plan the future.
    For us organized people who would like to take some time off for the holidays, or to plan raids in general that would be a bonus when it comes to what could be considered the "main release" of this server.

Sincerely, Nerla of Paradox

9. Justfab:

Aight, first: What kind of education did u receive that the first comment u give in a friendly discussion is an insult? Think about it, at what point in ur life did u decide to be an *******?

Second, u have no clue, but u act cocky as **** as if u know anything. Sunwell pieces, especially those with expertise (t6 offpieces) will in fact be the kind of item u wearing when first entering OS or Naxx. Before that, they will make u level fast as hell, and certainly not be replaced. because stat combosition and overall statlevel of the items u get from the first zones (Tundra-Grizzly Hills) sux. hHave a look at it, many of these pieces are flat out Stam/Str/Haste which sux for all plate classes. No idea what makes u act like u are someone, sinceu clearly have no ****ing idea. We will see who is server first 80 or close to that and who is not, reminder: I also was server first 70.

10. Where did I say anything about casual players?
    How will the release of Wrath of the Lich King keep you from playing older content?
    Why do you make assumptions about our work and what we are keen on?

Your points Mister Obnoxious kinda counter their own purpose.
    If you're trying to cater to the more casual players, wouldn't they be the ones struggling to get through early content because of this questionable release date.
    The "big PvE guilds" have already cleared all content you've thrown at us in TBC.
    Us in the more "hardcore" guilds, on this "most hardcore Wotlk realm ever" would probably be able to clear the content in the first few days/week of wrath and then go on a break.

I realize you don't care about TBC content as this is a Wotlk server. But seeming as you closed BT after we cleared everything except Illidan, and you're yet to release Sunwell presumably to work out some kinks, wouldn't it be wasted effort on your end to not even let us play them?

Release of new content, especially on private servers like this one tend to come with bugs and other lovely things to make everyone's day more complicated, whether its Warmane staff or players. I assume staff aren't that keen on working their butts off during the holidays either.

11. Justfab:

Aight, first: What kind of education did u receive that the first comment u give in a friendly discussion is an insult? Think about it, at what point in ur life did u decide to be an *******?

Second, u have no clue, but u act cocky as **** as if u know anything. Sunwell pieces, especially those with expertise (t6 offpieces) will in fact be the kind of item u wearing when first entering OS or Naxx. Before that, they will make u level fast as hell, and certainly not be replaced. because stat combosition and overall statlevel of the items u get from the first zones (Tundra-Grizzly Hills) sux. hHave a look at it, many of these pieces are flat out Stam/Str/Haste which sux for all plate classes. No idea what makes u act like u are someone, sinceu clearly have no ****ing idea. We will see who is server first 80 or close to that and who is not, reminder: I also was server first 70.
    Ooh mister bad-a*s was the first level 70! Whoop whoop! Here's a pumpkin medal for you:

Oh and btw, you're full of sh*t. The overall strength and attack power bonus of the WotLK greens is far superior than T6. You're welcome.

What kind of education did u receive that the first comment u give in a friendly discussion is an insult? Think about it, at what point in ur life did u decide to be an *******?

12. Justfab:

Ye thats pretty obvious for anyone with a brain. Feel sorry some of the people in this thread waste their time on this game at their skill level xD

13. @ Obnoxious
    I never stated anything about casual players, I said more casual than us hardcore bunch.
    The release of Wrath doesn't inhibit us from playing BC content, it merely makes it so our playing of it will be different than the level 70 experience of said content.
    My assumptions were merely stated towards people mostly wanting to spend time with their families, friends etc. during the holidays. My assumptions may be wrong, and I apologize for such.
    People get frustrated when information feels held back, and when it interferes with their out of game life it makes it difficult to run a guild.

14. The "more casual than you" means everyone else, which for the most part are the ones who want to get past this stage to have proper Wrath of the Lich King content.

You can still lock your level and not get further equipment if you want to extend your level 70 experience. The problem isn't that, it's trying to force that on those who don't care for it.

We don't slave drive our Staff, so if it happens that the content is released closer to Christmas, it will be a conscious choice, taking into consideration the Staff availability. I don't see any Staff being forced to stay away from their families during Christmas, unless they choose so, much like it would happen with players.

@ Obnoxious
    I never stated anything about casual players, I said more casual than us hardcore bunch.
    The release of Wrath doesn't inhibit us from playing BC content, it merely makes it so our playing of it will be different than the level 70 experience of said content.
    My assumptions were merely stated towards people mostly wanting to spend time with their families, friends etc. during the holidays. My assumptions may be wrong, and I apologize for such.
    People get frustrated when information feels held back, and when it interferes with their out of game life it makes it difficult to run a guild.

15. dont force people to play expansion they do not want to play
    release wotlk asap and forget about this autistic unbalanced sh*t

123 ... Last