1. Thanks for the fast replys indah and taralej!

@taralej I know, never experienced warrior in WotlK but it is the class I've almost always played on retail with success, the point here is that I'm level 26 so I don't have Mortal Strike, and only now I'm getting Taste for Blood, so the thing was, Overpower rarely and seriously rarely ever procced and well al the other abilities you stated I don't have them. So in reality Heroic Strike so far besides rend has been my only ability almost, thus the question! I don't think with this arsenal of abilities I should be only using when 50rage plus yet! So the question really is just at these levels and concerning leveling up, later on I understand HS uses and just as a rage dump indeed.

@indah Good insight on the AA costing rage instead of generating, an interesting and correct way to looking at it really.

I will then spec out Anger Management and try it! Thank you once again

2. Not going to read the whole thread but you have 2 options. I'm also assuming you're on Rag/Dw since ur going to 80.

1. You level as Prot and learn as much about Prot as possible

Or

2. You can level arms and learn Prot in HCs and normals

Now as for which is better for leveling, with full heirloom, is Arms.
    Undead don't have any expertise in weapons like most races so your equipment won't matter much, but from personal experience leveling an Orc Warrior, trying both arms and Prot, I would say Arms defiantly kills your targets faster (I found that between 20-35 you go rage dry alot as Prot) I one shotted every creature until level 25 with Orc Arms (however I used 2h axe with Orcs expertise and full heirloom)

Now back to tanking while leveling

I played a 19 Orc Warrior twink with a 2h Tank spec for years on Old Lordaeron,I could tank SFK/DM in my 2h spec and have the highest dmg.

At 19, I had 2k Hp and could 2-3 hit a epic creature. So even if you want to tank, you don't necessarily have to switch to a shield or def stance because Arms does enough dmg to hold aggro at low levels (a lot of def stance abilities can be used in arms spec, at lower levels its common to stance switch alot) However I would say I'm an experienced player and it can be very hard tanking 2h at low levels so I wouldn't recommend you try if you're novice to warrior class.
    Edited: November 30, 2015

3. Well, yeah. At this low level Arms is just auto-attacks with Rend and filling up with HS. The real DPS of Arms starts after you get 3/3 Taste for Blood, then the next bump comes after getting Mortal Strike, and then after Unrelenting Assault. Past that point, everything else depends on your gear.

The post above me said it very well - if you've got some real good armor and a nice weapon (Corpsemaker is ideal for your level), then Arms is the way to go. If your gear sucks though, Prot will perform much better due to Revenge hardly scaling from anything besides spell rank.

4. Well, yeah. At this low level Arms is just auto-attacks with Rend and filling up with HS. The real DPS of Arms starts after you get 3/3 Taste for Blood, then the next bump comes after getting Mortal Strike, and then after Unrelenting Assault. Past that point, everything else depends on your gear.

The post above me said it very well - if you've got some real good armor and a nice weapon (Corpsemaker is ideal for your level), then Arms is the way to go. If your gear sucks though, Prot will perform much better due to Revenge hardly scaling from anything besides spell rank.
    No no no, do not go with taste of blood when you can generate 3 rage per second with 1 talent point.

Call me crazy but for the most power, put your first 3/3 talents in Fury. Why? Cause it increases your attack power based on your armor. (its like 4 atk for 400 armor?) I'm not sure but its the first talent in Fury spec. Then, put a few talents in Thunderclap in Prot spec, this reduces the cost of thunderclap and imcreases the dmg

So by level 15 you can just thunderclap and whitehit at the same time and you'll most definitely one-shot anything. Something people don't discuss really is leveling specs, you should level sorta IMBA as a warrior, but get the essentials from the other specs first & you won't even need rage.

As a arms warrior, you're going to want to get gear with crit even over attack power. Twinked at 19 I could crit 390-420dmg with arms spec , that's alot of classes full HP at that level.

Another reason to level arms is survival. All Warmane servers are PvP, Arms will save your *** if another player thinks they can handle you. While recently leveling, I slayed a skulled Feral druid (I was level 22 so they had to be 30+) with just a few hits, he didn't have heirloom though but he made the mistake of trying to gank an Arms and got critted to death

Another thing I want to add is warriors unlike a lot of classes who can self heal (an even warlocks who can drain life) but warriors lack this. They have a self heal with a very lengthy CD, just some advice, loot all HP pots you see & you'll thank me later.
    Edited: November 30, 2015

5. Call me crazy but for the most power, put your first 3/3 talents in Fury. Why? Cause it increases your attack power based on your armor. (its like 4 atk for 400 armor?) I'm not sure but its the first talent in Fury spec. Then, put a few talents in Thunderclap in Prot spec, this reduces the cost of thunderclap and imcreases the dmg
    And delay sweeping strikes, mortal strike and bladestorm by 6 levels? I don't think that is a good idea especially since you have rly low armor at start (its either mortal strike or 60AP = 14 dmg/AA @41 f.e. - maybe thunderclap, but still..).

6. No no no, do not go with taste of blood when you can generate 3 rage per second with 1 talent point.
    It's actually 1 rage per 3 seconds.

Call me crazy but for the most power, put your first 3/3 talents in Fury. Why? Cause it increases your attack power based on your armor. (its like 4 atk for 400 armor?) I'm not sure but its the first talent in Fury spec.
    It is the first talent. At 20lvl in DPS gear you normally have around 1000 armor. You just wasted 3 talent points for 10 attack power. This talent is godawful for leveling and only becomes good if you're wearing full Plate armor (not before 45-50lvl), which is also "blue" and for your level (not before max level).
    Then, put a few talents in Thunderclap in Prot spec, this reduces the cost of thunderclap and imcreases the dmg
    Thunder Clap is only good if you're facing more than 1 enemy, and only so until you get Sweeping Strikes. Beyond that, you pretty much don't use it for its damage.

As a arms warrior, you're going to want to get gear with crit even over attack power.
    Why? You get 50% free crit on your Overpower, 25% on your first Mortal Strike from Juggernaut, and some 10-15% passive from gear. Why would you need more? Blood Frenzy, Trauma and Deep Wounds are already up from these, going for more crit than that is just gimping your damage output.

Another thing I want to add is warriors unlike a lot of classes who can self heal (an even warlocks who can drain life) but warriors lack this. They have a self heal with a very lengthy CD, just some advice, loot all HP pots you see & you'll thank me later.
    That's why you pick Second Wind deep down, and then go for Blood Craze in Fury. And First Aid. And Cooking. I've never in my >10 years of WoW leveled a Warrior without First Aid, and I've leveled dozens of Warriors.

7. It's actually 1 rage per 3 seconds.

It is the first talent. At 20lvl in DPS gear you normally have around 1000 armor. You just wasted 3 talent points for 10 attack power. This talent is godawful for leveling and only becomes good if you're wearing full Plate armor (not before 45-50lvl), which is also "blue" and for your level (not before max level). Thunder Clap is only good if you're facing more than 1 enemy, and only so until you get Sweeping Strikes. Beyond that, you pretty much don't use it for its damage.

Why? You get 50% free crit on your Overpower, 25% on your first Mortal Strike from Juggernaut, and some 10-15% passive from gear. Why would you need more? Blood Frenzy, Trauma and Deep Wounds are already up from these, going for more crit than that is just gimping your damage output.

That's why you pick Second Wind deep down, and then go for Blood Craze in Fury. And First Aid. And Cooking. I've never in my >10 years of WoW leveled a Warrior without First Aid, and I've leveled dozens of Warriors.

You have way more than 1000 armor dude, leveling on DW or Rag doesn't provide a lot of gear with good stats for leveling, white gear from vendors hold alot of armor value making them perfect for warriors to spec armor=AtkPwer

As for the gear, I was referring heirloom (crit gear over the pvp/atk power gear)

Op, I would listen to this guy he does seem to be more knowledgeable than myself, I main Warlock but I have played my fair share of warrior; I was just sharing my opinion and what I do. When I think of leveling, I think of going fast, and I assume everyone is going to level professions/first aid, however there is. 60 sec CD on bandage, and you can't bandage while in combat. As for Thunderclap, I usually take on 3-4 mobs as Arms, using Mortal Strike and Cleave & Overpower when it procs. Those 8/8 kill quest probably go alot faster than me lol

8. At low levels, the Overpower ability can easily outperform any kind of white attack or thunder clap, even if you spend talent points to increase their damage. Taste for blood should be your first aim as an arms warrior while leveling. I usually spend my talent points this way:
    - 2/2 Improved Rend
    - 3/3 Improved Heroic Strike
    - 2/2 Improved Charge
    - 3/3 Tactical Mastery
    - 2/2 Impale
    - 3/3 Deep Wounds
    - 3/3 Taste For Blood
    - 2/2 Improved Overpower
    - 1/1 Sweeping Strikes

Etc etc...

9. Really love reading this topic, thanks.
    by the way, quick question, is weapon spec talent working?
    i mean.. like sword spec, which is awesome (in my theory).

even thought polearm looks cool for me, hehe (like some general in d*nasty w*rrior)

10. Polearm sure looks cool, but most polearms are itemized for feral druids or hunters, sadly. So it's kinda cool that Poleaxe counts both polearms and axes in it (it wasn't like that earlier in the game). So cool that it makes Poleaxe spec the best. Deep Wounds, Trauma and Wrecking Crew all depend on you landing crits. Sword spec used to be cool before they put an ICD on it (which means only on vanilla). Mace spec's ArPen is OK, but not as good as the crit.

You have way more than 1000 armor dude, leveling on DW or Rag doesn't provide a lot of gear with good stats for leveling, white gear from vendors hold alot of armor value making them perfect for warriors to spec armor=AtkPwer
    That's exactly why this talent is bad. Leveling gear is generally green/blue and below your level. And white gear doesn't have more armor than green - you only think so because you're comparing same-level white gear with currently equipped low-level green gear. ;) A piece of white gear is itemized exactly for the level it shows, green gear is always 5 levels higher, blue gear is around 5-7 levels higher.

Here are some items to compare and understand:
    - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=12249 sold by weapon vendors in 20-30lvl zones;
    - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=6687 drops in RFK;
    - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=2523 sold by most weapon vendors in capitals.

This only holds truth before Outland however, because items there start at 81ilvl (because otherwise they will be very weak compared to vanilla blues and epics), and in Northrend they start at 138ilvl. This is the way Blizzard has ruined level scaling and is the reason why on the next expansion only 5-10 levels later people are doing many times the DPS they did before. But it can't be avoided, really, because it is caused by raid items constantly getting higher and higher in ilvl, unless they completely nerf all items, starting from Outland. But I digress too much...
    Edited: December 2, 2015

11. Judging on your tips and a bit of personal taste, I'll be going for this http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/w...00000000000000 spec for leveling.

What do you think?

12. Judging on your tips and a bit of personal taste, I'll be going for this http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/w...00000000000000 spec for leveling.

What do you think?
    This seems to be the typical arms pvp spec, which I would not recommend for leveling. I would go for something more similar to an arms pve spec with some kind of variations made just to increase your survivability. I'm talking about talents like Second Wind and Blood Craze. Pvp talents like Improved Hamstring, Deflection, Weapon Mastery or Iron Will are not mandatory. You can use those talent points for Sudden Death, Improved Cleave, Slam, Incite etc etc..

13. This one does contain Second Wind and Blood Craze though. And you rarely have enough rage during leveling for Slam. I'd say the standard PvP spec is also pretty decent for leveling, albeit not perfect. Go for it :P

14. Hmmmm..
    I really curious regarding improve charge, since it give more rage, doesn't it good for leveling?
    also, spell like heroic strike and execute, I am not familiar yet with execute, is it worth to "execute"? since it will deplete the rage bar (exclude sudden death talent).
    for heroic strike talent at 1st tier, yeah.. i a bit agree with Allof, since reduce cost of HS for 3 rage seems minor, compare to 3% on parry chance (for leveling standing point, since for PVE it could be much different case i guess).

sorry, I really interested on warrior, despite now on server there are so many many warrior, hehe.

I have try these class and spec for leveling (not in lordaeron):
    paladin prot and ret, hunter MM and BM, shaman enhance, warlock aff, rogue combat, priest disc, druid feral, fire mage (hehe, event thought warlock and mage only half way), I could said that the most fun all of them to level up is warrior arm.

but, yeah, i lack of knowledge to play it properly, like stance dancing u guys often mention.

15. This one does contain Second Wind and Blood Craze though. And you rarely have enough rage during leveling for Slam. I'd say the standard PvP spec is also pretty decent for leveling, albeit not perfect. Go for it :P
    Shouldn't you prioritize slam over heroic strike when your rage is low?

Talking about Deflection, as an arms warrior you should not suffer so much from the melee damage. Keep in mind that you are wearing plate armor and that you can always switch to defensive stance to activate your abilities which mitigate a lot the damage incoming (and that's why you should spend talent points on Tactical Mastery). Usually the mobs which cast spells are the most dangerous ones, especially at low levels. Improved Charge is useful while leveling because it's quite hard to gain rage points at low levels and those given by this talent will help you a lot. You will have only few damaging abilities at your disposal before reaching Taste for Blood, Heroic Strike being the most spammed one and we all know it's a rage eater (which explains why I prefer Improved Heroic Strike over Deflection). Sudden Death gives you an alternative way to spend your rage points as well. When it procs you can use Execute on your target even if its hp is still over 20% but when it happens you have to keep in mind that you will not be able to spam Heroic Strike or you will rage starve. To fix your stance-dancing issues you just need the proper macros. Look for them in any kind of arms pvp guide you find here.

First 123 Last