1. Appeal to increase Ban punishment for BG hackers

BG hacking is crossing limits now. People are using it without giving a **** about the consequences. I report about 1-2 people each time I do premades with my guild. Not only the frequency but also the level/ extent of hacking is crossing limits on Frostwolf.

Few months back it was using teleport to instant cap to get the last cap in a close game. People were careful about it and the frequency was kinda lesser. Recently, its gone to plain and simple speed hack ending the game in 4 minutes or less.
    Spoiler: Show

(Yes all the players here have been reported properly via ticket and have been punished OR are being investigated. The objective of the SS is not to report players here)

But now its crossing a limit. Using wall hack to cap a flag (or atleast try) from under the BG map is like the height of audacity.

Why are people becoming so bold at hacking? Simple : Punishment is not strict enough.

But the real question is, why isn't the punishment being increased. These people don't deserve a small 1 week ban. They are hackers. They cheat the game and know how to do so. Clearly they will most likely come back one week later and try to do it in some other way OR even worse they will teach other players how to do it.

Stop this problem before is spreads like a [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] spam on global. Please.

#HarsherBansforHax
    Edited: November 24, 2015

2. agreed

[probably need more characters.. so yea :D]

3. agreed

[probably need more characters.. so yea :D]
    Its not just about new toons tho :D. Problem is, there are people who just don't care that much about bans. And when they start hacking all day long and teaching their friends how to do it, it becomes a problem. I think we are heading that way.

Take this dude for instance, during the Halloween event :P. He literally had the audacity to cast spells on me flying in the air. I even told him that i am recording, he kept spamming his level 85 spells with fly hack on my level 90 lel

Edited: November 26, 2015

4. Someone received a 120 day ban last night for cheating, I sincerely hope that's first offence.

5. I had reported one yesterday!, i hope its that same guy :3

6. BG hacking is crossing limits now. People are using it without giving a **** about the consequences. I report about 1-2 people each time I do premades with my guild. Not only the frequency but also the level/ extent of hacking is crossing limits on Frostwolf.

Few months back it was using teleport to instant cap to get the last cap in a close game. People were careful about it and the frequency was kinda lesser. Recently, its gone to plain and simple speed hack ending the game in 4 minutes or less.

(Yes all the players here have been reported properly via ticket and have been punished OR are being investigated. The objective of the SS is not to report players here)

But now its crossing a limit. Using wall hack to cap a flag (or atleast try) from under the BG map is like the height of audacity.

Why are people becoming so bold at hacking? Simple : Punishment is not strict enough.

But the real question is, why isn't the punishment being increased. These people don't deserve a small 1 week ban. They are hackers. They cheat the game and know how to do so. Clearly they will most likely come back one week later and try to do it in some other way OR even worse they will teach other players how to do it.

Stop this problem before is spreads like a [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] spam on global. Please.

#HarsherBansforHax
    No one is bold for hacking. In reality Those people who do this have a variety of reasons to do so and those who have that mindset try not to get caught.
    The hackers you run into use hacks for the lulz why else you think they attack and fly away or cap flags fast?

I've mention before the difference between hacking and exploiting and how no to confuse the two however if anyone is doing such in a BG it's 100% hacking.

Coming from a real hacker, of course to replicate possible game breaking things that need fixing and or unstuck people/npcs, the programs used Warmane can block however there will be skiddies that require an upgrade or something to get by.

As for topic, people haven't cared for penalty and punishment for what they did because the same cycle continues even before warmane and before AT had it's fair share of mischief.

Without the aid of a GM snaring hackers is a way to not only halt them for sometime but also a way to crash them in certain situations.

Anyway in my opinion higher punishment won't do anything. I can name more than 50 players from cata into mop who hack, among them, donors.

7. No one is bold for hacking. In reality Those people who do this have a variety of reasons to do so and those who have that mindset try not to get caught.
    The hackers you run into use hacks for the lulz why else you think they attack and fly away or cap flags fast?
    The hackers 'who dont want to get caught' sooner or later promote their methods to these hackers who do it for 'lulz' (as in my second post). This is the problem i am talking about. If stricter punishment is given then it will
    1. Increase the time it would take for these people to 'guide' carefree noobs who just wanna hack for lulz
    2. It will give a stronger message to these same carefree nubs.

What we have is the following :

Warmane : Guys if we catch you hacking, no more WoW for you till next friday!
    Hackers : K
    Global : ........

What we need :

Warmane : Make sure you are mentally prepared to hack, cuz if u do get caught, say good bye to your account for an year!
    Hackers : Omg, y u do dis....
    Warmane : You.... are not prepared!
    Global : REKT!!
    Edited: November 26, 2015

8. Good Idea .... ban for a year , but do ban the IP and not just one account.

9. 1 year ban sounds like a great idea, hackers are just too common now. And while you're at it: 1 month ban for mindless PvP instead of doing the objective

10. There are 2 problems causing this issue: 1.) No automatic detection system of hacking on MoP and 2.) Staff cannot fix game to prevent hacks. On some private wow servers I've been on there were automated hack detection systems which caught the main hacks and auto banned caught accounts in increasing amounts. Something like 1st = 1 week, 2nd = 1 month, 3rd = 1 year. But since we do not have a detection system hacker can hack many times before people take the time to report, and not all reports probably are proof, so not all end up in a ban. Sometimes it is hard for players to get the right screen shot or whatever to proof cheating. I remember one BG a player had a speed hack, he flew by so fast I would have needed a video capture to report him. I tried and missed on 20 screen shots.

So, until we can auto-detect these, punishments need to be very harsh - but also there needs to be a way to appeal in the rare case it was a mistaken ban. Also perhaps we need to reward players that take the time to send a good report (only ones that prove cheating), like a reward for turning in a wanted suspect to the police.

Perhaps we should do:
    1st offense = 3 month ban with a very clear statement about what will happen next time
    2nd offense = immediate deletion of all characters on the account
    3rd offense = lifetime ban

And give rewards for people who report that results in a ban, perhaps every 5 successful ban reports is a big gold gain or something to make it worth while.

11. Can confirm the wall hack .. not nice hackers , not nice ...

12. Perhaps we should do:
    1st offense = 3 month ban with a very clear statement about what will happen next time
    2nd offense = immediate deletion of all characters on the account
    3rd offense = lifetime ban
    And give rewards for people who report that results in a ban, perhaps every 5 successful ban reports is a big gold gain or something to make it worth while.
    "immediate deletion of all characters on the account" and "lifetime ban" are actually the same.
    they/you dont IP ban for cheating. so lifetime ban=account suspension=characters deletion.
    Reward for reporting? lol that would be the worst sh*t ever. People would (wrongfully)report just for the rewards. Your reward IS to play with no cheaters.
    I agree on 1st offense ban duration, 3 months seems a good amount. This is their last chance, after that Account suspension.
    That would give a clear sign that cheaters are not welcomed on Warmane.
    Edited: November 27, 2015

13. make sure u report horde hackers too.

14. Its not just about new toons tho :D. Problem is, there are people who just don't care that much about bans. And when they start hacking all day long and teaching their friends how to do it, it becomes a problem. I think we are heading that way.

Take this dude for instance, during the Halloween event :P. He literally had the audacity to cast spells on me flying in the air. I even told him that i am recording, he kept spamming his level 85 spells with fly hack on my level 90 lel

hahaha when i said need more characters, i meant letters. like, my message was too short to post :D

12 Last