1. global chat is a mess

Hi

I'm ok with dungeon finder but at least organize the chats a little please. Right now about 4k people are using the same chat channel for finding group/raid members, trading, group quests, offering skills, guild recruitment etc.

My messages in global chat get spammed away within a second. It doesn't help that there are *****s spamming their macro like 4 times in a row. This should be either forbidden or impossible with the help of a restriction (like 1 message per 15s in global).

I think the global channel right now is very infeffective and unpleasant to use. To provide a solution I would suggest using the /lfg channel to separate dungeon finding from the rest.

2. People CAN use /LFG. They CHOOSE not to.

3. People CAN use /LFG. They CHOOSE not to.
    Because global chat should be closed and burnt to ashes, but hey, there are people that that will say close it, if u dont like it.
    Not like a global is how it looked like on retail.

4. People CAN use /LFG. They CHOOSE not to.
    That only works in big cities, why camp in Stormwind/Orgrimmar and hope to find someone when you can just look for people on global

Because global chat should be closed and burnt to ashes, but hey, there are people that that will say close it, if u dont like it.
    Not like a global is how it looked like on retail.
    You can make a global channel on retail, but people don't need to since /1 and /2 are spammy enough there (and there is RDF)

5. Ill just leave this here:

link: http://i.imgur.com/xW9zC0Q.jpg

This was going for a good 1-2 hours

6. I use addon BadBoy, atleast it eliminates the same repeted posts on global. So reckt the people who spams macros.

7. Before Lordaeron was released people commented on making players use proper channels (LFG, Trade, WorldDef, etc.) but GMs won't enforce it because the channels would need to be moderated to make sure people are indeed using them and that's just too much for Warmane to handle atm.

8. The more popular this realm gets the worse Global will get, over 9000 players i expect weekends to be a mess of spam.
    A group finder would help fix this issue well to a point, global will still go by pretty fast, but there will be less LFM posts.

9. The more popular this realm gets the worse Global will get, over 9000 players i expect weekends to be a mess of spam.
    A group finder would help fix this issue well to a point, global will still go by pretty fast, but there will be less LFM posts.
    Issue is not the LFM/LFG message the issue is the SPAM and non-sense... it needs moderation or a few days of mute people who abuse too much.. so people gets scared

10. Maybe it would be a good idea to split LFG/LFM from global. Just create an other channel similar to global only for LFM/LFG.

11. I think a good solution to the problem would be a combination of not allowing spam and a LFG-tool. Perhaps only one message every 10-15 sec in global to remove all those macro-sapmming ppl and a LFG -tool that would eliminate moste of the LFG/LFM. Global would then have space enough for the stuff that is ment for. No moderators needed and it wont affect the feeling of the server in terms of hardcoreness, no rdf, experience everything, travel around etc. Mostly just moving allt the LFG/LFM from global into a GUI window.

12. Just a quick note to this,
    the so called 'global' channel is a community created channel, which bears, ofcourse a long tradition, beeing formed on Blizzard.
    It has never been, though, an official channel.
    Nothing stops the community from calling new channels into life, options could be:
    /join group (people looking for a group, be it dungeons or raids)
    /join trading (any kind of trade propositions)
    /join recruitment (any kind of guild offers/requests)
    In addition to that, I think a coöperation with Warmane staff in this purpose would be a great idea, they could advertise these channels (not necessarily moderate) with the broadcast messages they use on the realm.
    Like this, the spam would be canalized and optional. Remembering how spammy the global chat was on the old Lordaeron (with RDF enabled), I think this is just the start, as most spam was produced by endgame raids and pos/fos farming.
    The global channel could be used for community questions or general conversation.

Cheers,
    Kark

13. +1 for the promotion of /group, /trading, /recruitment channels.

14. I agree for the promotion of /group, /trading, /recruitment channels.
    +1

12 Last