1. New 85 - How should I gear without wanting to cut my wrists?

HEY I'M A DARK PRIEST

I just got 85 on this sketchy server and I'm trying to do battlegrounds but literally everyone is garbage so it makes it extremely painful.

Is there any way I can get gear without wanting to smash a bottle over my own head?

2. Is there any way I can get gear without wanting to smash a bottle over my own head?
    Yes, yes there is.

3. HEY I'M A DARK PRIEST

I just got 85 on this sketchy server and I'm trying to do battlegrounds but literally everyone is garbage so it makes it extremely painful.

Is there any way I can get gear without wanting to smash a bottle over my own head?
    Dark Priest...?

4. he's obviously a pro... or a troll... can't tell... think main point is random bgs are cancer as they 90% of the time are... make yourself a set of vicious gear for starters, then try to join a pvp guild... see if they'll let you into premades or whatever

5. If you if master well your class, you can applicate to any good PvP guild. I'd suggest you some but since you didn't tell if you were alliance or horde, I suggest you to take a look at recruitements thread and decide by yourself what you prefer :) Good luck!

6. In my opinion, easiest way to gear is to go Horde, add some people like Tdotsavage, Horribull, Twoeasy etc. on your friends list, when you see them joining a bg, que up instantly, with some luck you will join their premade and got high chances of easy win.. Once you reach itemlevel of 390-395 you could probably join some PvP guild on Ally or Horde.. Sniping premades on Alliance is almost impossible due to huge que, and Im pretty sure its instant/almost instant on Horde..
    Just.. Please... Atleast buy full vicious first...
    Edited: November 27, 2015

7. Disregard that, I suck cocks.
    Edited: December 6, 2015

8. don't have the gold required
    OKay slow down here and think.

Now get a profession and start farming something for the community,
    no pain, no gain.

9. "Buying full Vicious" is very steep for someone who has just recently joined and don't have the gold required to buy the full set.

Instead farm it, level characters with the professions you need In your case Tailoring and Herbalism works (for the Volatile Life needed I believe).

Don't expect Horde to win, they're a collective of clowns who'd rather hit a Blood DK for hours on end instead of actually winning. That's just the nature of downies I guess.
    you get ~5k just from crucible, ring of blood and zuldrak arena,

10. you get ~5k just from crucible, ring of blood and zuldrak arena,
    + daily 1k+ from Tol Barad quests and even more if you desenchant what you loot and if you sell the embersilk cloth.

11. You can always make gold, with or without profession.
    I remember I farmed cloth (Runecloth and **** like that, I dont even remember exact name anymore) in Outland and sold it on AH, it didnt sell for thousands of course, but I made enough gold to buy decent enough gear to start doing BGs..