1. Frost Mage Dueling Guide 3.3.5a by Rei

deleted cuz too hard for molten pvpers (a.k.a. backpedaling scrubs) to understand ((

Just remember that a molten player's opinion on pvp is as valuable as a dog's ****. And here's why:

http://imgur.com/a/bgci8

http://imgur.com/a/pV285

soz lads, too ez server 4 me

Ps. Krohlee, you're ****ing stupid mate. When you come close to my level, then we can talk. When you beat old AT duel heroes that I have beaten, then talk to me.
    Edited: November 28, 2015

2. there are 4 things wrong with this guide.

1. To much lead into the duel strats, its called a duel strat guide but you effectively give people a basic overview of how to spec, gear, gem enchant the character. which normally wouldnt be so bad. but we have atleast 5 other guides that do that.
    2. The guide's you post are far to long, majority of the ones ive read through, give far to detailed how to's on a fight, not everyone plays like you so majority of those strats will help a minority of the populous.
    3. In some cases the guides you have detail a fight that would only work for fighting the "bad" players, such as starting with a nova on DK to poly/DF him. when he can lich/ams or icebound. the only thing a player can do vs a DK is kite CS the garg and invis it if they can...thats it, there are no 100% "this is going to work" opener's in duels.
    4. You made 2 seprate threads

while the guide its self is certainly prettier then the ones ive made since i started on molten, the information you give is largely wrong.

You GCD kite ferals (using constant snare spam to prevent the feral from being able to shift out of all of them) between DF's and you win. standing there and letting a feral burst you will work if he's a shred only spec and a moron, but most of the duel hero ferals also spec' for the mutilate type combo point generater and will kill you in 3 seconds.

priests are one of the hardest to kill as a frost mage, because of two things. Dispells and LOS+healing. a terrible spriest is mind numblingly easy to kill, but any half decent spriest isnt going to trinket an opening poly (or any poly unless it gives them an advantage, such as silencing your evo). they'll just clear there buffs so you get nothing and then dispell your barrier and dot you. once thats done they can just sit around a tree dancing for all it matters. if they get low they can los you (as most of the places ppl duel have massive los zones, cept for the highly unrealistic zone in blackrock)

the guide is very well written it just feels as if the information in it was from a 1400 MMR AT frost mage.

3. wall of senseless text.
    Okay, I figured my first reply to you was too hostile, so allow me to clarify why your entire post is absolutely wrong.

Let's go over your 4 things wrong with my guide, shall we?

1. Most of those guides say, "Hurr durr, gem **** ton of haste durr who gives a fk about spell power" that's why I added the gearing / gemming in this guide.

2. I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying my guide is too detailed? Well, that's just your opinion. I, and surely a few other people, find details necessary, hence I listed a few scenarios that occur often in duels.

3. This is absolutely false. I've listed strats that work against the majority, not blithering *****s. And, yes, the majority isn't accustomed to dueling, hence why some of the strats I mentioned work like a charm against them. Also, about your dk statement, not all dks go hurr durr pop AMS at the very start of the duel. Some of them actually DO try to screw over your sheep / deep. I have fought duel hero dks in the past, and nova at the start works fine. I don't see what's wrong with what I said, really. And even if the dk AMS's your nova at the start, you can still easily recover and kill him in the long run.

You're right about one thing, though, there is no 100% "this is gonna work" opener. Players adapt.

4. This is relevant how? Besides, I didn't want x2 threads. I made a small mistake; I edited the other thread saying that the moderator can freely delete it.

Lol, I smell jealousy in your post tbh. I've read your guide, and I admit it's half decent. But most of it was like, "Don't fight this class, too op. Oh don't fight this class either, that's op too!" "Fire mages are op, arcane mages are op, sps are op." That's your guide in a nutshell.

I'm sorry, but you molten PvPers have an ego and a tendency to put other players down, when in reality, you're not really good at the game. If you want to discuss this further, I can show you a few screenshots of me absolutely destroying wrathful molten players as a furious / pos geared mage.

Moving on...

Gcd kiting ferals isn't as efficient as hardcasting into them, regardless of whether the feral is shred specced or not. The amount of spell power that my gear grants me allows me to survive their burst np. Not to brag, but I have fought THE best feral druid dueler (feralspowerqt) and I have beaten him a lot easier with hardcasting instead of GCD kiting him.

Priests are one of the hardest to kill as a frost mage? What....LOL. Okay, I admit they're hard in an arena setting, but I"m talking about AT duel zone duels, where the duel heroes gather. Most people who enjoy dueling on AT go to the duel zone, not an arena setting.

A half decent spriest isn't going to trinket an opening poly, you say? Tell that to Necrosotek. He plays in satin gear and does indeed trinket the opening poly. His strategy is to ruin the mage's CC and prevent him from doing damage. He has destroyed countless mages. I have won against him, not a lot, but I did. Can you say the same? I fought Chipsypower as well, hands down the best spriest on AT against mages. Sometimes he trinkets the opening poly as he likes to mix things up a bit.

Just, please, duel these players and see what happens. I'm talking from my experience, not my *** like you are. I have used these tactics and won, not to mention that I have proof of beating those players somewhere lingering on my PC. You don't. The only thing you can do, just like every other wannabe master pvp jk molten hero, is attempt to insult me.

TL;DR: My tactics may not work for you, but you can't say they're wrong. They have worked against so many players, including the top duel heroes of AT - which are far superior to any molten PvPer such as yourself.

Furthermore, 1400 MMR mage? Dude, this is a dueling thread; there's no MMR in dueling lmao.

I am eagerly waiting for your response, though I very much doubt you'll be able to prove me wrong. Of this I am sure. The only way I'll admit I'm wrong and delete this thread (or at least edit it) is if I see you use your tactics against top duel heroes and win. No potions or engineering. Download bandicam, it's a free recording software, log onto Blackrock and prove me wrong.
    Edited: November 27, 2015

4. Okay, I figured my first reply to you was too hostile, so allow me to clarify why your entire post is absolutely wrong.

Let's go over your 4 things wrong with my guide, shall we?

1. Most of those guides say, "Hurr durr, gem **** ton of haste durr who gives a fk about spell power" that's why I added the gearing / gemming in this guide.

2. I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying my guide is too detailed? Well, that's just your opinion. I, and surely a few other people, find details necessary, hence I listed a few scenarios that occur often in duels.

3. This is absolutely false. I've listed strats that work against the majority, not blithering *****s. And, yes, the majority isn't accustomed to dueling, hence why some of the strats I mentioned work like a charm against them. Also, about your dk statement, not all dks go hurr durr pop AMS at the very start of the duel. Some of them actually DO try to screw over your sheep / deep. I have fought duel hero dks in the past, and nova at the start works fine. I don't see what's wrong with what I said, really. And even if the dk AMS's your nova at the start, you can still easily recover and kill him in the long run.

You're right about one thing, though, there is no 100% "this is gonna work" opener. Players adapt.

4. This is relevant how? Besides, I didn't want x2 threads. I made a small mistake; I edited the other thread saying that the moderator can freely delete it.

Lol, I smell jealousy in your post tbh. I've read your guide, and I admit it's half decent. But most of it was like, "Don't fight this class, too op. Oh don't fight this class either, that's op too!" "Fire mages are op, arcane mages are op, sps are op." That's your guide in a nutshell.

I'm sorry, but you molten PvPers have an ego and a tendency to put other players down, when in reality, you're not really good at the game. If you want to discuss this further, I can show you a few screenshots of me absolutely destroying wrathful molten players as a furious / pos geared mage.

Moving on...

Gcd kiting ferals isn't as efficient as hardcasting into them, regardless of whether the feral is shred specced or not. The amount of spell power that my gear grants me allows me to survive their burst np. Not to brag, but I have fought THE best feral druid dueler (feralspowerqt) and I have beaten him a lot easier with hardcasting instead of GCD kiting him.

Priests are one of the hardest to kill as a frost mage? What....LOL. Okay, I admit they're hard in an arena setting, but I"m talking about AT duel zone duels, where the duel heroes gather. Most people who enjoy dueling on AT go to the duel zone, not an arena setting.

A half decent spriest isn't going to trinket an opening poly, you say? Tell that to Necrosotek. He plays in satin gear and does indeed trinket the opening poly. His strategy is to ruin the mage's CC and prevent him from doing damage. He has destroyed countless mages. I have won against him, not a lot, but I did. Can you say the same? I fought Chipsypower as well, hands down the best spriest on AT against mages. Sometimes he trinkets the opening poly as he likes to mix things up a bit.

Just, please, duel these players and see what happens. I'm talking from my experience, not my *** like you are. I have used these tactics and won, not to mention that I have proof of beating those players somewhere lingering on my PC. You don't. The only thing you can do, just like every other wannabe master pvp jk molten hero, is attempt to insult me.

TL;DR: My tactics may not work for you, but you can't say they're wrong. They have worked against so many players, including the top duel heroes of AT - which are far superior to any molten PvPer such as yourself.

Furthermore, 1400 MMR mage? Dude, this is a dueling thread; there's no MMR in dueling lmao.

I am eagerly waiting for your response, though I very much doubt you'll be able to prove me wrong. Of this I am sure. The only way I'll admit I'm wrong and delete this thread (or at least edit it) is if I see you use your tactics against top duel heroes and win. No potions or engineering. Download bandicam, it's a free recording software, log onto Blackrock and prove me wrong.
    2 things

First, your strats do suck. these strats wouldnt work on anyone with any decent skill level EVER. which is why im assuming this is a troll guide to mess with new mages. which is the only reason i came here to correct the idiocy in this. And unless your strats were battle tested on AT during its prime (we'll say during 2012) extensively then none of your "AT is better" bs works. cuz AT atm (blackrock) has a skill cap thats about 10% better then molten (and the skill cap on AT during the end of 2013 all the way into 2014 were fairly low as well, its sad to say but its true ;/). I can say this because i played on AT AND molten during those times. and ive played on black rock and ragnaros NOW and can tell the difference lol

second, 1400 mmr was an example of the mentality the kind of player would have to think "tunneling dmg into feral, and not focusing on anything else, makes best things best" was a good idea.

this is why i assume your just trolling people, theres no way anyone is that stupid. i should also note you wrote waaaaaay 2 much for me to give a **** about so i only read like 1-2 lines and the TL;DR so sorry if im not responding to everything.

The point though i was trying to make is that you dont write step by step guides for pvp. because no fight is the same. for instance ive dueld many glad DKs who each open in a duel differently vs my mage. Some for instance use AMS early on if they are in my range to prevent nova, and try to burst me to force block. if they manage to force my block they'll use the pet stun and pop garg to force blink then just grip me and GG. Then other DK's just run at me trying to burst me effectively trying to do the block force+ garg use after. end result is a **** load of pressure on me because i tried to use a moronic strat of "nova DK in opener then try too poly or DF". which for the record is too much CC wasted. its better to get a poly on the DK without the nova so that when you need to get away later on you can do so using the nova.

when dueling a DK you have a set few key goals to keep.

1. Snare pet, and avoid it as much as you can.
    2. CS gargoyle if you have it up
    3. DF Gargoyle if you can
    4. Invis Gargoyle if you can.
    5. pay attention to when he has lichborne and any other harmful ability up on him self or you.
    6. Snare him as much as possible.
    7. Keep distance.
    8. Save blink for Grip, but if you can get away with out using any CD's after grip do so and just save blink for another reason.

Thats how you do it. not "ok first, you open with Nova...then he might pop anti poly or anti stun, then after that you make sure the pet is exactly 3 meters away from you and you fake 3 times in a row because every DK falls for the 3rd fake." like its far to "Specifically" detailed for any real combat usage.

each of your guides is a full paragraph detailing your play by play of how too fight that class or spec. and each one is 1/1000000000000's of possible ways they could fight you. your guide helps the mage population less then 1% at a time.

im not trying to be mean, im just trying to clarify for the newer mages who will come here months or even years from now and try these strats and fail and blame themselves because they dont work.

theres also the fact atleast one of your strats say

The sp will trinket the sheep. You can fake swd and resheep, or get him in a deep freeze
    that kinda of ****, is the gameplay of a ****ty player. You said that the fight can go 2 ways, one with trinket being used early on and one without.... but no one with half a brain trinkets the opening poly. outside of rogues and ferals. every one else can deal with the opening poly or even a opening DF np.

Now, some of you might ask, but what if the mage uses polymorph + arcane explosion / fire blast quickly in order to stop the evocation? Here’s what you do, you time your blink so that you blink behind or away from the mage right when sheep hits you. He’ll be caught off guard, and will have to turn around / get closer to you to break his own poly. But here’s the kicker, by the time he does that, you’ll get a good portion of your hp back.

Just make sure you have a trinket or an ice block for an upcoming deep freeze.
    and thats a strat that expects the guy your playing to be suuuuper slow. when i go for a poly+fireblast on a guy i always stop the poly cast if he stops his evo... because the point of doing that combo is to stop the health AND mana regeneration. Hell sometimes, i even fake the poly if he has CS up because alot of the ****tier mages will stop there evo mid cast just to interrupt me or even once he tried to blink like you said too...the look on there face when it doesnt work is priceless. but with that being said, i dont tell ppl that good players will ever do that because they wont.

for the record i didnt see the apperently "nasty" response and tbh i expect it... when i come on to the forms and say things like this i dont do it to be rude. i do it to help people improve...that being said, people never listen to you when you say things nicely, so i use things like 'moron" "****ing *****" "**** player" alot because atleast i know they'll pay attention xd.

some of your strats are decent, but as i said theyre very VERY specific and some of them expect the player to be bad. ive fought alot of ferals on AT/blackrock and the strat you posted wouldnt of worked vs the ppl i fought. because when they were sitting on me they blew me up SUPER fast, were talking 100% to 80% in an few GCDs in some cases,

If he trinkets, continue spamming frostbolt, cast into his face, don’t bother kiting. You can time your pet’s freeze with your frostbolt cast so you get a good shatter on the feral (use freeze when your frostbolt is about to go off). Assuming you use ice barrier before the duel, use ice block for when the feral druid breaks your second shield. Wait a bit, he’ll probably try to bait you out by casting a heal. It’s most likely a fake, but if the cast is about to reach the end of his cast bar, get out of your block and cs him. Then, cold snap and deep freeze him again. And that’s when he dies. If the feral shadowmelds, get out and nova him, or better yet, save your pet’s freeze for the meld and break it. If the druid doesn’t trinket the first deep, don’t be alarmed. Continue spamming damage, you should kill him by the time your deep freeze comes back for the third time.
    Spamming frost bolt into his face dont bother kiting... like really. If i had ever done that vs the rival/glad ferals i practiced on they'd of killed me in 3 seconds and laughed at me (i mean they still killed me in 3 seconds and probably laughed at me...but atleast when i was trying to master the proper kiting technique i was moving in the right direction xD). GCD snare kiting is the only method that works vs ferals 1v1. and it works amazingly.

newayz cheers. ive said what needed to be said and will likely not respond back. ive learned my lesson if people dont want to listen or are too sure of themselves i give the info for the masses to digest... tho i still feel this is a troll guide.

5. ROFL, you molten ****ter.

ye man I did these tactics vs rival/glad ferals and won and yes they were tested in 2012 and been using them since

AHHAHAHAHAH OH MY GOD you're so bloody stupid XDDDD

Remember this

you're a molten ****ter

me > you

hf playing your ponytail human male mage with donated gear on a broken server :DD

ur name is probs KILLERFROSTX or some **** XDD fkn molten scrub :D
    Edited: November 28, 2015

6. I'm sorry, but you molten PvPers have an ego and a tendency to put other players down, when in reality, you're not really good at the game.
    Lol, the irony in this sentence.

Anyways, check this out
    I don't believe anything you said about beating anyone of those players. What now?

The screenshots you have on your post now, wow, you won a duel on molten wow!! Congratulations!! You've proven everything you've pointed out because you had lower gear when you beat him!! After the duel!! Not saying that you're lying about the screen shot, but come on, do you want me to go on blackrock, win a duel against some guy, take half of my gear off and come here to show you how big my penis is? Should I go search for my old screens to show you I won against every single class with a Thunderfury equipped as a dk? Will that prove that I am good and you're a ****ter?

And yes, I've actually read everything you've said, and I agree with the other guy, this must be a troll post, which I've fallen for.