1. Multiboxing becoming a big problem - players with 5 Shamans in /follow

I've seen 4 players today who have 5 Shamans following them, with bot-like names like "sheeva" "teeva" "beeva" "leeva", or "foyo" "doyo" "hoyo" "zoyo" etc.

Is there any care about this issue, or is this that kind of server rule-wise? Multiboxing 1 character happens a lot but I didn't expect to see the lordaeron moderators support 5-toon multiboxing. It makes things feel very unmoderated in areas where moderation is needed. How does a level 8- layer bring up 5 Shaman to level 80 while multiboxing, and not get reported or found out?

If this sort of thing is supported, I'd like to know. It feels like exploits shouldn't be allowed, but I haven't heard a clear word on this.

2. Not only is it allowed (on Retail as well), in order to "win" it seems it's a requirement, Expect some noobhole at some point to multi 5 pallies *shudder*.

3. Multiboxing is allowed since day one to present and will not be restricted or disabled any soon.
    There is even a sub-forum for all multiboxers new and old http://forum.warmane.com/forumdispla...89-Multiboxing
    Official staff thread regarding multiboxing http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....boxing-allowed

4. ahhh another hate on multiboxing thread...how is this becoming an issue for you ? your always welcome to try and box urself. Also its not an exploit its been allowed on private servers since day 1. Learn to deal with it m8

5. I really don't get why people have issues with multiboxing;

a) anyone is free to do it
    b) 5 players of normal intelligence will _always_ beat the multiboxer

6. Multiboxing has always been allowed on Molten/Warmane since the beginning, just like retail where multiboxing always was and still is allowed.

Feel free to box yourself. :)

7. Other realms don't have lordaeron's population. Neither do other servers. Zones don't grow with population size, meaning the amount of farmers you get on a 7k server have to fit into the same zones as on a 1k server. It has a big impact and cheapens the experience, whereas it's barely noticeable on other private servers and retail servers.

I know multiboxing is allowed, but 6-character multiboxing on such a high pop server means areas are abolutely flooded with farmers. This makes the game very different to other lower pop private servers.

This isn't a complaint - I'm pointing out that this happens on other servers, but much more here because the pop ceiling is so high.

With 7k pop, multiboxing being a-ok simply means areas are absolutely flooded with multiboxers. I understand we're all cool with it because it's hum-drum and has been around for forever, but most vanilla servers and the majority of other private servers do not have Lordaeron population counts. Across every private server I've played, and retail, multiboxing has never brick-walled me and other players like this. It's because the pop cap is lower, and farmers are never really able to make too big of an impact since they're not 'everywhere'.

I have experience with multiboxers across other servers, they're usually far and few in between. But they're everywhere and contested areas are 6v1 bloodbaths where farmers are more numerous than any server community I've been a part of. I want to support this server but I can't see this turning out well if it's a primarily farming-based server.

Edit:
    Not to mention, it cheapens the gaming experience and has made me and my friends who I've introduced to Lordaeron question whether they really want to financially support this server. "This doesn't seem worth paying for, it's a farming server" is what they tell me.

We want to become donors, but this server is flooded with farmers unlike retail and other private servers. We've never felt the desire to pay for a game that has a big farming problem. We like the population here, and we want it to feel worth paying for, but no game with such a farming problem feels good to pay for. Other private servers in my experience had exploiters as well, but they were few and far between. Not on lordaeron - that's the problem. It negatively affects gameplay, and thus makes me search harder for reasons to donate.
    Edited: November 28, 2015

8. We want to become donors,

but this server is flooded with farmers unlike retail and other private servers.

We've never felt the desire to pay for a game that has a big farming problem. We like the population here, and we want it to feel worth paying for, but no game with such a farming problem feels good to pay for.

Other private servers in my experience had exploiters as well, but they were few and far between.

Not on lordaeron - that's the problem. It negatively affects gameplay, and thus makes me search harder for reasons to donate.
    So much bullsh1t there. Apparently you have not played on many, if ANY other free servers. Those 2 statements alone are cringeworthy

/facedesk

I feel like this is a troll post. I have seen like 4 teams of boxers total, and I play daily for hours. People always have 1 bad run in with multiboxers, then it becomes "omg multiboxing is ruining the server". This is a 1x server. If you have never tried to level a team of 5 on a 1x server, then you cant possibly understand how SLOOOOOOOW it is, and painful. Only a small hardcore handful of people are going to max teams of 5 plus, and that % is going to be so small, that on a server with our pop, any impact multiboxing may have on the economy is going to be utterly insignificant. The asshats camping vendors for rare recipes with autoclickers are doing more damage.

You will not find a more retail like wrath server, like Lordaeron, so if boxing makes you hate Warmane enough for you and your friends to quit, well, good luck somewhere else. But I wager it is much, much worse elsewhere. Sorry you have such irrational hate for multiboxers.
    Edited: November 28, 2015

9. With 7k pop, multiboxing being a-ok simply means areas are absolutely flooded with multiboxers.
    Flooded? Do you have some kind of proof for that?

10. I really don't get why people have issues with multiboxing;

a) anyone is free to do it
    b) 5 players of normal intelligence will _always_ beat the multiboxer
    This.. whats the big issue with it... I could understand if this was a very low population server, so bannig multiboxing so you encourage people to group together.. but here.. pfft.. couldnt care less...

11. Multiboxing has always been allowed on Molten/Warmane since the beginning, just like retail where multiboxing always was and still is allowed.

Feel free to box yourself. :)
    "just like retail where multiboxing always was and still is allowed".......................................... .................................................. ............................................

idk what to tell you if you're comparing retail to this. if i tell you you're an *****, staff would consider it an insult... firstly, why was mboxing allowed on retail? cause one person had to pay multiple subs. why wasn't it an issue there? cause retail had and still has multiple realms of the same kind. why is it a problem here? cause there's a single realm of a kind, which when it's capped, you have to wait in queue no matter what. when wotlk content opens, the realm will be capped, i guarantee it, and those multiboxers would increase the queues dramatically. i still don't know why is this allowed, when there's no way to avoid the queue due to some douchebags boxing 1000 characters and taking up the whole queue space for themselves.

12. People who wants to deny multiboxing have no arguments, except one which is wrong: Multiboxers have to pay XXX accounts on retail but he it's free so don't allow it. The majority of multiboxers pay on that server. On Lordearon, there are no donors, but multiboxing is allowed on all the Warmane realms, Lordearon too.
    If you're not happy, do it too or leave. It is not with the few multiboxers there are beings that 1000 seats taken. And even if that happened, you would not be able to do anything.

13. People who wants to deny multiboxing have no arguments, except one which is wrong: Multiboxers have to pay XXX accounts on retail but he it's free so don't allow it. The majority of multiboxers pay on that server. On Lordearon, there are no donors, but multiboxing is allowed on all the Warmane realms, Lordearon too.
    If you're not happy, do it too or leave. It is not with the few multiboxers there are beings that 1000 seats taken. And even if that happened, you would not be able to do anything.
    even without your avatar, it is clear that you're one of them, likely boxing over 50 characters. it's true that we cannot do anything at the moment, but if a lot of people would riot about it, i'm pretty sure staff wouldn't be at ease. for now, it's not that important, as there are no queues, so people don't really care about it, but when wotlk hits the realm and most of them start playing again, there will be queues and that's especially true because of multiboxers, who reduce a significant amount of player slots.

also, you're talking about arguments, talking about how our only argument is that people on retail had to pay X times more in order to multibox. it's true, that's one of those arguments to prevent it, as you're taking multiple player slots for free on a unique realm and take BGs into consideration, especially as 5 elemental shamans, but let me then hear YOUR arguments for keeping multiboxing? i'm pretty sure you won't come up with anything constructive and reasonable, no matter how hard you try. the beneficion of that would be leveling multiple characters, but do you really need 20 elemental shamans or any other character from the same class??? i seriously doubt that. overall, it's not worth it and pisses people off, especially if it's supposed to be a hardcore realm with a hardcore experience.

14. even without your avatar, it is clear that you're one of them, likely boxing over 50 characters. it's true that we cannot do anything at the moment, but if a lot of people would riot about it, i'm pretty sure staff wouldn't be at ease. for now, it's not that important, as there are no queues, so people don't really care about it, but when wotlk hits the realm and most of them start playing again, there will be queues and that's especially true because of multiboxers, who reduce a significant amount of player slots.

also, you're talking about arguments, talking about how our only argument is that people on retail had to pay X times more in order to multibox. it's true, that's one of those arguments to prevent it, as you're taking multiple player slots for free on a unique realm and take BGs into consideration, especially as 5 elemental shamans, but let me then hear YOUR arguments for keeping multiboxing? i'm pretty sure you won't come up with anything constructive and reasonable, no matter how hard you try. the beneficion of that would be leveling multiple characters, but do you really need 20 elemental shamans or any other character from the same class??? i seriously doubt that. overall, it's not worth it and pisses people off, especially if it's supposed to be a hardcore realm with a hardcore experience.
    People have tried to ban multiboxing, but it will never happen.
    Proof and some arguments :
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....boxing-allowed

I do not know the purpose of others multiboxer so I'll only talk about mine, i multibox because it's funny, it's like a challenge for me, because people thinks it's easy to do but it's not, if it was that easy, everyone would do that, people cry because they are jealous. After 6/7 years playing World of Warcraft, it become a bit boring when you play on private server. I don't want to need to make a group to raid citys or to do high level content. I prefere ganking by myself or with another multiboxers. I don't care if i take 5/10/20/50 or 100 slots, it's not my problem.
    Multiboxing is allowed, that won't change, i don't need arguments to defend myself. Deal with it.

P.S: Do you know that multiboxing isn't only shamans ?

15. People have tried to ban multiboxing, but it will never happen.
    Proof and some arguments :
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....boxing-allowed

I do not know the purpose of others multiboxer so I'll only talk about mine, i multibox because it's funny, it's like a challenge for me, because people thinks it's easy to do but it's not, if it was that easy, everyone would do that, people cry because they are jealous. After 6/7 years playing World of Warcraft, it become a bit boring when you play on private server. I don't want to need to make a group to raid citys or to do high level content. I prefere ganking by myself or with another multiboxers. I don't care if i take 5/10/20/50 or 100 slots, it's not my problem.
    Multiboxing is allowed, that won't change, i don't need arguments to defend myself. Deal with it.

P.S: Do you know that multiboxing isn't only shamans ?
    that post was made in 2012. idk if i even played here then, but they enabled it with the same reason as retail: more money, as they take up multiple player slots, filling the realm pop faster and creating bigger queues, "forcing" players to donate at least something for queue skips and also multiboxers (who were often the biggest donors). now, lordaeron's premium account statuses are DISABLED, meaning there are no queue skips and multiboxing doesn't give them any money, moreover, i'd even say it might cost them more, since not everyone would want to sit for hours in queue once wotlk comes.

yeah, you multibox cause it's funny. it's funny to 1shot someone without any kind of retaliation. besides, you can't multibox with just any computer, for example, i cannot even have 3 wow's open, otherwise my laptop would crash. so if they're "jealous" about you, it wouldn't be cause of your ""skill"", but because of a system you use. but that's all irrelevant to this topic. i wouldn't do it either way.

also, you said you don't care about taking many slots, ie. you don't care about anyone else but yourself. such egoistical and ego-centered people are the worst kind of sludge in my book. and as i previously said, you can't come up with any constructing/relevant arguments to keep multiboxing on this realm, wanted to check just how intelligent you might be, since you were so sure to deny the arguments to disable mboxing, but as i expected, not very.

12 Last