1. new to the server, have a few questions regarding PVE and content availability

Hi there,
    Myself and a few friends are looking to start up on this server and I'm just wondering if PVE is fairly active and is it something you can pug or are they guild exclusive?
    Is all content available (eg. dungeons/raids/quests) - I've read mixed information in some posts regarding this
    Also how is most of the content and is it fairly bug free or are there quite a lot of game breaking bugs lingering around?

I'm aware that I can find most of these answers by sifting through older posts, which I have done but I've seen some posts stating that the cata servers aren't getting as much attention by the GM's due to the lower player base in comparison to the other expacs. So just want to be sure its worth rerolling here or should we focus on mop/wotlk

We are most likely rolling horde however alliance isn't completely ruled out as an option

If someone is kind enough to shed some light on this sort of thing that would be great and thank you :)

2. Just to give you a heads up. A majority of things people will say are true, but they will make it seem like you wont be able to enjoy your time here.

Both PvE and PvP are active (not going into detail about PvP). There are plenty of people recruiting for raids for Cataclysm related content and old raid content that we DO have that is available. People recruit mostly on global nowadays so you should be able to find groups easy, but do remember that as always : Healers and Hanks have an easier time finding groups than Dpsers.

Every Cataclysm dungeon and raid is alive and working well (not 100% of course), but you should be able to clear things with no little issues. There are some Cataclysm dungeons that have a bug that reoccurs every few weeks or so ( ex: Vortex Pinnacle wind tunnel disconnections, Lost City of the Tol'vir last boss phase disconnections), but besides that, it is fine.

Yes there are buggy quest, but you will most likely be able to complete 3/4ths or a little over half of all quest in a zone if not all.
    Some quest are buggy, so you may have to do them a bit differently than you normally would (ex. The Strength of Tortolla quest in Mount Hyjal), but you will still be able to complete them.
    Some quest even appear broken, but there are actually work-arounds so you will be able to complete them. You do have to find those yourself however.

The main thing we lack is raids from older content.

Over half of the Vanilla dungeons are open, but no raids.

Over half of the Burning Crusade dungeons are open and less than a handful of raids.
    -Unfortunately the raids people really want to do are not open ex. Black Temple

A little under half of the Wrath of the Lich King dungeons are open and has less than a handful of raids.
    --Unfortunately the raids people really want to do are not open ex. Naxxramas and Icecrown Citadel

Warmane has said that when Lordaeron itself is....''done'' that dungeons and raids will be ported from there over here to Cataclysm, but the closest estimate of when that will happen is in January or Late December. Possibly later.

If you ever wanted gear for transmog or things like mounts you could access the point and coin shop, but since the point shop has been revamped : there are not much things you are able to get from older content like we used to (not yet anyway)

There are also bugs that have been around here for years such as the ''Going down?'' achievement. There are class bugs too of course such as cat feral druid and frost mage mastery, but it is best if you go to the Bug Tracker to get a jist of things.

tl;dr
    -Yes PvE is active
    -All Cataclysm raid and dungeon content is scripted.
    -You are able to complete a lot of quest in each zone save for a select few (Deepholm, Twilight Highlands, Vash'jir, and less than a few zones from other expansions)
    -The experience rate is 7x so leveling will be a breeze
    -Yes there are buggy quest, yes you can complete some of those buggy quest.
    -You will be able to find groups, but people will ask for your item level and achievements just like retail and other private servers alike, but that doesn't mean you wont be able to get into them
    -Yes there are bugs like other private servers
    -
    -No Neltharion is not working 99%, maybe not even 78.44%

Yes you can enjoy your stay here, but I would check the bug tracker as well as the working dungeons and raids on Neltharion and find anything that would turn you off too much from this expansion.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....geon-Raid-list

Also check up on Mist of Pandaria to see which expansion would best fit you and your friend's taste.

Neltharion has only one active Developer at the moment (?) so please cut Green_Dev some slack. He fixes plenty of things that people don't notice.

If you want to be nearly 100% bug free ; Go with Wrath of the Lich King
    Edited: November 30, 2015 Reason: ayy lmao

3. Great! That clears up a lot, thanks a lot for the detailed info :)