1. I always thought the Warmane staff always picks horrible dates to release big things. TBC was released on a Thursday. WoTLK is also going to be released in Thursday. Thursday is followed by Friday -->people have work/school in Friday.

Why not just release things on Friday so people can play all night or whatever they want or during the weekend.

Whatever, the sooner - the better. BC is horribly boring without PvP

wont be ready, but really nothing new here. Expect bugged dungeons and raids. I've seen them, witnessed them, cringed at them. EoE is a nightmare in it's current state and it won't be fixed in 8 days.
    Edited: December 2, 2015

2. wont be ready, but really nothing new here. Expect bugged dungeons and raids. I've seen them, witnessed them, cringed at them. EoE is a nightmare in it's current state and it won't be fixed in 8 days.
    Well nothing new, as always. Whatever release date, broken content, that's how it's always been.

3. wont be ready, but really nothing new here. Expect bugged dungeons and raids. I've seen them, witnessed them, cringed at them. EoE is a nightmare in it's current state and it won't be fixed in 8 days.
    That's fine, its not like i'm gonna do them anyway Kappa

4. Given that they didn't release SWP or BT yet while we're one week away from Wotlk release. It should've been better if they released Wotlk 25/11 or 05/12. That way people will get to 80 & report bugs on live realm. Given actuel bugged content on Wotlk & that release date set. Just loL.

5. I'm not so much in favour of extending TBC as I would like to see the devs deliver on their promise of a "complete" realm. In other words a realm with as few bugs as possible (there will always be bugs, ofc).

The thing is, rushing to a WotLK release without fixing whatever is broken is basically a cop-out in favour of adhering to a timeline.

While saying this, I admit that the devs have done an amazing job so far, in many respects, but I believe they are capable of better.

6. Don't get why people are QQ-ing, you're on 3.3.5 anyways. If you want BC content, go play a BC server.

7. Date is fine, always someone will whine. Let's just hope they won't release wotlk in TBC like state (dummy bosses, 1 mining node per 200 players) cause people are gonna start leaving.

8. Date is fine, always someone will whine. Let's just hope they won't release wotlk in TBC like state (dummy bosses, 1 mining node per 200 players) cause people are gonna start leaving.
    People better drop mining related professions. You won't find any titanium ore & over 200 people will be over 10 saronite/cobalt ore spawning every 3 hours.

9. wont be ready, but really nothing new here. Expect bugged dungeons and raids. I've seen them, witnessed them, cringed at them. EoE is a nightmare in it's current state and it won't be fixed in 8 days.
    lock raids for the first week maybe?

10. wont be ready, but really nothing new here. Expect bugged dungeons and raids. I've seen them, witnessed them, cringed at them. EoE is a nightmare in it's current state and it won't be fixed in 8 days.
    I really have to be honest here and ask you and everyone who thinks alike this. Why? Since when did you become skilled developers and able to provide ETAs for content completion? We opened the PTR so we can give you the unfinished product and then fix it, we wouldn't have released it when we did unless we had confidence in the time remaining. As matter of fact, it's more than plenty and if bug reports are concise we can release all the instances in a great state, probably could even do it from scratch.

"expect bugged drungeons and raids"

This is what the PTR is for, I don't know if you ever saw or participated in any other PTR, but that's exactly what it is for. Public testing that gives us an idea on how to tune things and how some bugs appear that didn't appear during internal testing, that's the entire purpose of it.

11. I really have to be honest here and ask you and everyone who thinks alike this. Why? Since when did you become skilled developers and able to provide ETAs for content completion? We opened the PTR so we can give you the unfinished product and then fix it, we wouldn't have released it when we did unless we had confidence in the time remaining. As matter of fact, it's more than plenty and if bug reports are concise we can release all the instances in a great state, probably could even do it from scratch.

This is what the PTR is for, I don't know if you ever saw or participated in any other PTR, but that's exactly what it is for. Public testing that gives us an idea on how to tune things and how some bugs appear that didn't appear during internal testing, that's the entire purpose of it.
    I'm not a "skilled developer" or anything, but the PTRs that were brought up by blizzard very rarely had as gamebreaking bugs as the WotLK raids on Warmane currently have. And even if there were huge bugs, they were mostly centered around one or maybe two encounters, not cluttered around almost every boss. I'm pleased with the work you put in developing the server, and I really hope you are realistic about being able to fix all of the dozens of bugs that are currently present, in a timespan of one week. I, and apparently many more, doubt you can. Prove us wrong.
    Edited: December 2, 2015

12. I'm not a "skilled developer" or anything, but the PTR's that were brought up by blizzard very rarely had as gamebreaking bugs as the WotLK raids on Warmane currently have. And even if there was huge bugs, they were mostly centered around one or maybe two encounters, not cluttered around almost every boss. I'm pleased with the work you put in developing the server, and I really hope you are realistic about being able to fix all of the dozens of bugs that are currently present, in a timespan of one week. I, and apparently many more, doubt you can. Prove us wrong.
    +1 to this. Just take your time to fix most bugs, it won't hurt if it takes time. Quality >>>> time.

13. I'm not a "skilled developer" or anything, but the PTR's that were brought up by blizzard very rarely had as gamebreaking bugs as the WotLK raids on Warmane currently have. And even if there was huge bugs, they were mostly centered around one or maybe two encounters, not cluttered around almost every boss. I'm pleased with the work you put in developing the server, and I really hope you are realistic about being able to fix all of the dozens of bugs that are currently present, in a timespan of one week. I, and apparently many more, doubt you can. Prove us wrong.
    Well Blizz is a multi billion company with a few hundred devs on a project like this, Wamane is not they both have to do the same work with the wotlk content (almost since some of it is allrdy done in stock trinity core) so this is kinda to be expected.

14. I really have to be honest here and ask you and everyone who thinks alike this. Why? Since when did you become skilled developers and able to provide ETAs for content completion? We opened the PTR so we can give you the unfinished product and then fix it, we wouldn't have released it when we did unless we had confidence in the time remaining. As matter of fact, it's more than plenty and if bug reports are concise we can release all the instances in a great state, probably could even do it from scratch.

A week is barely enough time for all the bugs affecting those raids to actually come to light, let alone fixed. I feel like you guys might've set yourselves a bit too tight of a deadline.

That said, I certainly appreciate the immense amount of effort staff have obviously poured into this, and I regret the several vocal players here giving the staff plenty of grief with their every complaint. It's definitely not my intention to come off like I'm busting anyone's balls here, but if the raids aren't in a proper state when people actually get to clearing them, then the outcry on the forums will be magnitudes worse than it is now, and I think that's a situation everyone would like to see avoided.

15. PTR for WotLK should be open at least 1 month before WotLK comes out imho. There's still tons of class bugs and raid bugs and 1 week even with a good developer team doesn't seem enough. All the good work will get tarnished once people reach 80 and bugs are still there just to rush an expansion. (Even for PvPers that are having a bad time in TBC, without class fixes it's still not an enjoyable experience)
    Feel free to prove me wrong, no one would be happier to take something back.

First 1234 ... Last