1. Uhmmm... I've played Unholy DK most of the times from WotlK to Cata. The reason I stop playing Unholy in MoP is that the Unholy just got nerve real hard. (I play warlock now hehe.) We(Unholy) are the squishiest among the plate users here in MoP! However, we are supposed to be a class cannon in this patch if we are talking retail! But with all the bugs around here in Warmane, our DPS can hardly be called "Decent." I think IMO Cata patch Unholy DK is the most OP spec i've played as a DK if you really good. Lots of utilities and survive-ability is OP, especially against a healer. Just spam that necrotic stike like there's no tomorrow. :D

2. your point being? did you even try playing unholy, because MY dps is yes, not decent, but excellent. I feel like you're just another fotmer. And we are not here to talk how we used to be, it's about the current state we are in.

3. Ye that seems right.

Not only unholy its also about ret. Ret is the most made fun of spec in the game with or without the bug it may or may not have, they say it does too few dps but i really differ from them i believe like unholy it has great potential and skill is the foundation of all classes can't play wow without it. Gear is only needed to increase the dps it won't do wonders and make you a more better player.

4. Ye that seems right.

Not only unholy its also about ret. Ret is the most made fun of spec in the game with or without the bug it may or may not have, they say it does too few dps but i really differ from them i believe like unholy it has great potential and skill is the foundation of all classes can't play wow without it. Gear is only needed to increase the dps it won't do wonders and make you a more better player.

5. If u call unholy a glass cannon i m sure u r not playing it right... Just saying..

And since conversion macro seems to be bugged, (not a fan of conversion myself) try death pact. You already have a mechanic to convert RP into health using the lichborne trick which works like a charm, and against non fear comps, its useless to save lichborne as a trinket.
    Edited: December 7, 2015

6. its useless to save lichborne as a trinket.
    Kappa. Don't play unholy with death pact.

7. You can tell you've been offline for a long time. I guess the bugs that need most mentioning are the haste, pets (pets dmg does increase with procs and dark transformation, tho its damage is alarmingly low, 3k unbuffed no proc hits) and rune visuals. Conversion does consume 5 runic power per tick, tho the double conversion macro still doesn't work. And i'll have to disagree with the frost - unholy part.. People play frost because either they heard frost is op erhmergherd (which compared to uh atm, is not), still think uhs are bugged af, or just play w/e they want, nobody is pressuring them.. Tho you can see rising of unholy speced dks, by a lot compared to lets say couple of months ago.. And not to mention that there are more high rated uhs than frosts..
    Yes, I haven't been online for over a month now, I am currently playing and trying out Blade & Soul, it's pretty addictive. Anyway on topic, you see, I don't get it why people tell others that Unholy isn't bugged. It is bugged. It isn't doing enough damage like it supposed to, specially the pet, his damage reminds me of Cataclysm. Unholy could do even more pressure and damage than they could right now. Spreading diseases is already deadly enough, what more if they fixed the overall damage output the way it should be. I would gladly play Unholy, and everyone else.

My point is, I am not having fun with Unholy because It feels different, like something is not right, like something is missing. I have played Death Knight all the way ever since WoTLK came and I know how it feels like to be Unholy, I don't get that feeling with it right now. Frost on the other hand, it's really fun to play, because it feels just right. The damage output of Frost feels legit, if you know what I mean.

And to all people who thinks that Unholy is a Glass Cannon spec, Unholy was never a Glass Cannon. Unholy is all about the balance of survival, damage, control and pressure. It is not a spec that requires skill, it is a spec that requires BRAINS. An Unholy can turn the tide of every battle if it's played by a smart player. That is why a lot of high rated Death Knights are on high rating because Unholy is a balance of everything.

Frost on the other hand. IS a GLASS CANNON spec. It is made for only one thing. DAMAGE. Frost cannot stack much necrotic leaving a gap when it comes to pressure, it has low survival, unless your an expert on healing yourself then you could boost that survival into a decent percentage. They can burst every minute which is awesome and they have the best single target melee damage in the game. Frost isn't made for high rating arenas, because it lacks survival and pressure. But they are excellent for Battlegrounds and Rated Battlegrounds, they can slow a big group, they can stun, they can grip you 2x and they hit so damn hard! Excellent class for an RBG leader.

For me, Unholy is playable at this point, but it has a lot of important things that needs to be fixed before I start to enjoy playing with the spec. I admire players that play Unholy even though it is not 100% fixed enough. I couldn't stand playing with it because I would only get pissed with it. I am better off playing a spec that I would enjoy even if my heart is crying out for Unholy.

Let's just wait till Unholy's important mechanics to be fixed, and you will see a gigantic shift of all Death Knight's spec to Unholy. So for now, enjoy what you really want.

8. Yes, i didn't mean to sound like there's nothing wrong, you're right about the bugs. But there is no reason to not be playing it atm since it is the superior spec.

9. Skills > Gear > Bugs, imma rite?
    rogue vanish clearing bleeds dots everything

hunter stampede spirit bond stacking 5x healing

just to name some recent

how skill counters that

10. actually fairly easy.. as a dk at least kek

11. hunter stampede spirit bond stacking 5x healing
    the amount summoned pets's spirit bound heal is not same as ur current pet...u clearly need more info about the game u r playing right now!

12. I have spent a lot of time playing my UDK, if you reforge, gem correctly (please give the mastery haste build a go, crit is f***ing pointless though most udks i see here stack crit) and actually understand how the mechanics work
    You re very wrong here about stat build. I also thought that mastery > haste > crit (reforge) is the best solution but you should reforge haste. In MoP haste is not so viable as unholy. Like i said i also thought different but when i built master/crit > haste (reforge) i changed my mind :) Try it and you ll see...that DoT crits alltime, and brutal soul reaper crit sometimes is far more powerfull and better then stacking haste...It makes difference in arena and bg.

13. Kappa. Don't play unholy with death pact.
    Hmmm...i always play UH with death pact. Yes, it is situational talent but far more better then 2 others. In arena it saved me soooo many times. Maybe i love this talent cause i am draenei and Naaru gift give me good healing.

14. Yes, I haven't been online for over a month now, I am currently playing and trying out Blade & Soul, it's pretty addictive. Anyway on topic, you see, I don't get it why people tell others that Unholy isn't bugged. It is bugged. It isn't doing enough damage like it supposed to, specially the pet, his damage reminds me of Cataclysm. Unholy could do even more pressure and damage than they could right now. Spreading diseases is already deadly enough, what more if they fixed the overall damage output the way it should be. I would gladly play Unholy, and everyone else.
    Ilyanah, we all know UH is bugged (like 100% of others classes) but the point i wanted to make in this post: I wanted to tell every1 in global to stop spreading lies about UH, and 90% of kids say UH is not viable and UH doing low dps...thats not true...they just don t know what to do with that spec.

First 1234 Last