1. Let's just wait till Unholy's important mechanics to be fixed, and you will see a gigantic shift of all Death Knight's spec to Unholy. So for now, enjoy what you really want.
    I hope not (gigantic shift)! It is sad when i saw players (kids) that play only powerfull specs even if that spec is boring for them! I always play UH. I always play shammy. I always play s priest. I dont care about numbers, that classes are interesting for me and i enjoj spend my time with them. Yes, war is op, hunter is brutal but that sooooooo boring. The thing that some class is doing brutal numbers doesnt mean i want play them. I am soo happy when i see some players whoose main is almost the same every xpac.

2. You re very wrong here about stat build. I also thought that mastery > haste > crit (reforge) is the best solution but you should reforge haste. In MoP haste is not so viable as unholy. Like i said i also thought different but when i built master/crit > haste (reforge) i changed my mind :) Try it and you ll see...that DoT crits alltime, and brutal soul reaper crit sometimes is far more powerfull and better then stacking haste...It makes difference in arena and bg.
    To each his own, i personally like haste builds in general like aff lock/frost mage etc etc. Also i think dot classes should always stack haste for more control, but hey thats just me.
    However i am not full haste. Someone once reccod me to stack haste till my rune cds are comfortable for me and then think abt crit/mastery (i go mastery). I am pretty happy with my result and running that ever since :)
    Especially in tsg u would need to stack a lot of haste coz the warr will be slow af, in shadowcleave however u can go more crit. Thats simply my inference. Maybe i am dead wrong, who knows?
    Edited: December 12, 2015

First ... 234