1. Affliction PvE

Like the title says, hows the affliction PvE? Is it working properly now? Is it the highest lock dps spec as its supposed to be?

2. You can find everything about affli spec here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-PvE%29-3-3-5a

There was a bug with corruption which is mentioned in the thread above under "Rolling Corruption and Haste" but apparently it was fixed: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/9533

3. Affliction can be nr 1 dps from all three specs if properly mastered (as it is the hardest warlock's spec). It works great in every tier content, u only need to know how to gear up as affliction which is the hardest thing for ppl to understand while playing this spec.

It even shines more in 25 man raid where u can have demonology warlock partner for sp buff, elemental shaman for sp totem, boomkin for hit and magic dmg buffs and possible focus magic from arcane/fireball mage if u ask him to put it on u. With all these buffs u should be easily top 3 and maybe even nr 1 dps in the raid but ofc u have to play good with this spec.

There are no any serious bugs related to affliction warlock right now (there was one with drain soul huge execute dmg like 2-3 weeks ago but got fixed).

4. They work just fine now and I wish I could main one.

5. Yes, they are. I have an 6.3kGS Aflock.

On Warmane warlock's spells like priest's spells just scaling to much throught SpellPower Coefficients above 3500SP!!!

Affliction warlocks at 6kGS are able to push the same DPS as many BiS geared characters. They aren't so vulnerable and dependent by some basic stats. You can go with 11% hit or 14% hit level - the total damage/dps will not suffer so much.

At the same time they are hard to play well. You need to track 4-5 CD of and never should clip them. Like feral druids. If you'll lost some of your buffed DoT's - you'll lose a lot of DPS.

6. Do you mean to say that Spriest and Aff Lock spellpower coefficients are bugged on Warmane? That's quite a claim to make seeing as the damage formulas used here are mostly the default Trinitycore ones, and so an error of this magnitude would probably have been noticed and documented already.

7. Do you mean to say that Spriest and Aff Lock spellpower coefficients are bugged on Warmane? That's quite a claim to make seeing as the damage formulas used here are mostly the default Trinitycore ones, and so an error of this magnitude would probably have been noticed and documented already.
    Well, I had installed TrinityCore for TBC long time ago, after that I installed some version of Wotlk TrinityCore, like two years ago I found another version for Wotlk 3.3.5a TrinityCore. The last one was some way similar to previous Molten kind. This new fixed Warmane is some way different from my private one. So, the TrinityCore can't be taken as absolute standart, becase ever different versions of TC are different.

Sure, the warlocks, rogues, mages and hunters should pull top DPS, because they can't take other kind of spot in raids (Blizz concept). But the difference between top dpser and other medium one should not differ for 10-15k as was previously!!! That's good that after buffs and debuffs was fixed the DPS deviation was reduced to 5k (AVG). On Warmane some spells was fixed (like double dipping, scaling coef and so on). But compared to Blizz statistics for Wotlk the top-min DPS deviation should vary between 2-3k DPS (+/-).

About locks. IDK what is wrong, but locks DoTs doing a way higher DPS than they should. It can be due to wrong SPCoefficients, due to wrong formulas, due to computation errors or rounded digits in server algorithms. Possibly some proportions are simplified to linear, but must be exponential as arena rating scaling (with some diminishing returns). Beginning with ICC and RS gear items every character are able to cap AND EVEN OVERCAP most of their stats: crit, haste, armor penetration very high levels of stacking SP or AP. I think, after wow 3.3.5a Blizzard just closed Wotlk project and began CATA. So a lot of things remain imba which with some OP bugs becoming just double OP. My Aff lock is 6.2kGS and if I'm playing aggresive the skilled Prot Paladin hardly can hold my aggro in many situations. Even Soul Shatter can't help - I need a Salvation even. This is some evidence that DoTs scaling just too much. The same about mages with their requiring of Salvation (even without Mirrors).

For PVE it's not so crucial - just annoying. For PVP it's completely unplayable. No matter, a shadow priest or warlock can stun/fear a character, load them with those instant DoTs (WHICH CAN"T BE INTERUPTED OR COUNTERSPELLED PRACTICALLY) and can go to drink coffe, because the DoTs will kill even a BiS character with 1300 resilience. The same for happens for DoTs wgich scaling from AP - mainly feral druids DoT's (because warriors, paladins, DKs damage scales from weapon dmg; rogues looks someway balanced).

Playing with different classes in PVE/PVP I'm sure that DoTs jsut scaling to much from SP/AP for warlocks, priests, feral druids through SPCoef/APCef considering they are instant spells/abilities or having passive mechanics frequently withowt CDs.

8. Well, I had installed TrinityCore for TBC long time ago, after that I installed some version of Wotlk TrinityCore, like two years ago I found another version for Wotlk 3.3.5a TrinityCore. The last one was some way similar to previous Molten kind. This new fixed Warmane is some way different from my private one. So, the TrinityCore can't be taken as absolute standart, becase ever different versions of TC are different.
    Are you trying to say that TrinityCore's TBC and Wotlk builds are different? No ****, check the expansions.
    And, considering that Ragnaros and Deathwing cores are based on Mangos, I really don't understand your claim.

I think, after wow 3.3.5a Blizzard just closed Wotlk project and began CATA.
    Hence the new expansion.

No matter, a shadow priest or warlock can stun/fear a character, load them with those instant DoTs (WHICH CAN"T BE INTERUPTED OR COUNTERSPELLED PRACTICALLY) and can go to drink coffe, because the DoTs will kill even a BiS character with 1300 resilience.
    Uh, the instant dots do the least amount of damage. Have you actually played one before? Getting killed by one doesn't count. I'm talking from a PvP perspective, in PvE I know Corruption will do the most damage.
    Edited: December 14, 2015

9. Are you trying to say that TrinityCore's TBC and Wotlk builds are different? No ****, check the expansions.
    And, considering that Ragnaros and Deathwing cores are based on Mangos, I really don't understand your claim.
    I'm talking about different versions of TrinityCore for the same expansion of Wotlk 3.3.5a, about I'm familiar with other TrinityCore expansions and why exp 3.3.5a was left by Blizzard with a lot of OP partial abilities.

Uh, the instant dots do the least amount of damage. Have you actually played one before? Getting killed by one doesn't count. I'm talking from a PvP perspective, in PvE I know Corruption will do the most damage.
    I'm talking not only about Aff locks corruption, but about all DoTs of specified classes which scales just too much from SP/AP throught server core algorithms. BTW, for PVP not a dot is strong, but their combo benefits alot. For example, Haunt increase shadow dmg by 23% for UA and CorrP - the more DoTs are applied the more they scaling each other. Anyway, it's not only my point of view. Many players noticed those kind of DoTs damage. And talking in your way about PVP, it's true, a DoT tick isn't so strong - but their total damage over time IS (a very high damage per casted time).
    Edited: December 14, 2015

10. You can find everything about affli spec here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-PvE%29-3-3-5a

There was a bug with corruption which is mentioned in the thread above under "Rolling Corruption and Haste" but apparently it was fixed: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/9533
    Is this also on DeathWing? or just Lordaeron?

11. Can someone confirm of deny wether or not rolling corruption, drain soul and Nightfall have been fixed on Ragnaros.
    Thanks.

12. Can someone confirm of deny wether or not rolling corruption, drain soul and Nightfall have been fixed on Ragnaros.
    Thanks.
    Corruption .... well It does not work exactly like retail, it refreshes itself with your current sp (from trinks etc) when you dmg that refreshed the uptime, in retail it didnt quite work like that and you needed to put it up when you did have all proccs (atleast for a while, dont know if it was like that during whole wotlk)
    Drain soul yes.
    Nightfall no. Nightfall is bugged to a huge disadvantage, every time you cast a shadow bolt and you get the "Nightfall" it will get consumed when that shadow bolt hits the target.... the shadow bolt you just CASTED, so when it hits, you wount have a instant shadow bolt left.

All in all, Affliction is much fun but only really tops the recount if you have 1500+ in haste, im up to 1571 atm and I'm quite skilled in warlocks since its my main since I started on warmane in 2009.

And even though alot of people on forums and in game sais that Affliction is best, it only out dps hybrid and full destro by a TINY ammount.
    The whole server sais Destro sucks for pve, well its very untrue, and I went destro JUST for the point of proving them wrong and man, did it work.

There's secrets behind every specc that maximises your dps and for affliction on recent days, you need a dot tracking addon cause your dots will dissapears from the targets (They will still be up but you cant se some of them so... have fun guessing when they're gonna run out) wich results in a huge dps loss.

13. Corruption is working exactly how i remember it on retail getting crit and % dmg increase on the time you cast it, till you lose that corruption.
    Destro is a good spec and from all specs its doing the lowest dps. IF you are good with warlock you will pull good dps no matter the spec.You cant over past 20k with destro but with every other spec good warlock will do it, and im not talking DBS.

For example last LOD i finish with 17k+ dps for 11 milions dmg done can you do that as destro ?
    Never try destro on LOD so i`m really curious to know how much is able destro to pull there.

14. For example last LOD i finish with 17k+ dps for 11 milions dmg
    You should focus more on damaging LK and less on dotting everything in sight. The 11m damage would be believable if you were a hunter or mage, at least then you'd be able to attack LK all the time, but on an affliction lock you can't do that and so you're dotting everything. Unless you're going to tell me that everyone else in your raid group is doing trash DPS.

15. You should focus more on damaging LK and less on dotting everything in sight. The 11m damage would be believable if you were a hunter or mage, at least then you'd be able to attack LK all the time, but on an affliction lock you can't do that and so you're dotting everything. Unless you're going to tell me that everyone else in your raid group is doing trash DPS.
    I don`t think my guild mates are doing trash dps. But i can tell you why dotting makes you do more single target dps on each spec.

I had 1.5 milions less dmg on LK compere to top dmg done on LK which was hunter. In numbers my damage was 5.8 milions on LK.
    To be able to have almost all the time tier 2nd bonus and Eradication you do need to dot few adds, and that makes you pull more single target dps. 10% more damage and shadow bolt cast 1.2 sec with my current haste.

It`s the same with Demo lock there also. You do need to dot few trash to get the procs that will increase you damage a lot Molten Core, Decimation, tier 2nd bonus.

If i`m going to play destro there i will defiantly keep few Immolate that will give me at least 25% increased damage. That will come with almost all the time tier 2nd bonus + high crit change destro have with spells, in other words Pyroclasm + tier bonus multiplied by Ruin, then just watch that Incinerate hits like Soul Fire.

But hey man that is just my opinion.

Here is a picture from some LoD is not the current one i`m talking about but stats are pretty close.
    Edited: December 31, 2015 Reason: I dig up some old ss on LoD

123 ... Last