1. Try starting out with a Fury Warrior, that's the real nightmare. The class is so gear dependent that even PuGs don't want you around due to low DPS. You only become worthwile once you already have ICC25 items and in order to get them you gotta pray to all Gods, be it Christian or Pagan. I've been gearing my warrior for well over a month now and I'm still stuck at 5.3k GS. Meanwhile, I play a warlock and in literally 2.5 weeks I'm closing in on 6k GS.
    I don't think its just the farming that can be painful, its the class you play as well. For a first character I recommend you play something that is easier to gear and isn't as gear dependent as some others, you'll just fly through content with those (mainly warlock, mage(if well played), hunter, paladin, DK and Rogue).
    But I will also say that the requirements people ask for PuGs are ludicrous here, they surpass the requirements people asked for in Blizzard back in 2008.
    Then again, I can understand wanting to clean up content asap and farm as effectively as possible.

Good luck dude, and just be patient I suppose. Alternatively, try another class that is more low-gear friendly.

2. Blame the Armor Penetration mechanics, and how it scales.

3. It's not even about being geared or not. Neither it's a fault of donators. Even if solo que rbg with BiS gear you are CERTAIN to face premade from the opposite faction. That is the PvP on Deathwing. Moreover, the amount of major bugs on deathwing atm. makes pvp simply impossible thus I recommend playing pvp or trying other realms.

4. It's not even about being geared or not. Neither it's a fault of donators. Even if solo que rbg with BiS gear you are CERTAIN to face premade from the opposite faction. That is the PvP on Deathwing. Moreover, the amount of major bugs on deathwing atm. makes pvp simply impossible thus I recommend playing pvp or trying other realms.
    qq intensifies

5. It's not even about being geared or not. Neither it's a fault of donators. Even if solo que rbg with BiS gear you are CERTAIN to face premade from the opposite faction. That is the PvP on Deathwing. Moreover, the amount of major bugs on deathwing atm. makes pvp simply impossible thus I recommend playing pvp or trying other realms.
    I have done like six bgs in a row as of right now and I have faced no premades.

6. The pugging scene across the entire WotLK private server community is beyond cancerous.

You either join a guild, or make do with mouth-breathers being present in every raid you do that impact your PVE experience.

7. Do Random Heroics....most of them drop Epic items on last boss, and you can get tons of starter ICC gear from EoF/EoT vendors. I was able to gear a naked druid with no help within 4 weeks to 5.7k restro, 5.3k tank, 5.5k boomkin by just doing RHC and Toc10 pugs

MemorieZ
    If you think that you need guild then search for the right guild. There are guild that are strong and they would invite someone with low gs and knowledge and help him but ofc you are not supposed to leave that guild since you are part of it. If you cant get into a guild, try doing endless pos farm until you get so much emblems that you can buy all gear that is offered on eot vendors. you will for sure hit nice 5.5k gs. Then on Friday 16 st and Saturday 16 st watch global. Its 2 last days before reset and you will get that invite for sure. You will get some achvs and maybe gear and granted eofs. I remember how i started to play wow and when i hit 80 it was like what now. I was doing all raids on my own invited anyone we were having hard time but I got the gear that I wanted. Just put some time and will into it, if you quit making raid after 3 hours of making it and say i dont have time then you should probably try another game. This is not retail. Or reroll on pvp yea.

9. That is how it is on this server. But trust me, you don't want to raid with the people who are asking 5.8k for ICC 10n. They ask that high because they are extremely bad at the game and will just spend hours wiping on Marrowgar anyway. And all of the guilds that only want 6k+ gs players to carry them thru raids. Most people on here are really bad and they all need high gear along with bug abuse and hacks in order to get thru raids. There really is no way to get past it besides donating or making your own raids and hoping people actually join and stay once they see that you aren't geared enough for ICC 25hc while doing ICC 10n.

10. Eh, the GS requirements are fine on this server for ICC pugs. 9/10 pugs I've been to, people who are above 5.6kgs still failing to pull over 10k dps in icc is downright sad. The GS requirements are usually done to counteract the badness in pugs who insist on being carried.

Although this may suck for the newcommers, it is what it is due to the fact 90% of pugs are downright lazy or just bad which really doesn't help the genuine pugs who actually do well.

Not only that, mostly every single pug ive seen under 5.6k GS usually don't bother gemming their gear because they don't want to waste money. These type of people ruin it for the rest who have to carry their gimped dps/heals.

11. So im new to this server and was looking a little bit on the forums. This is really bad guys. For us new members here and NOT donators it's like impossible to play here. Im talking about the End game content, here people are mostly donators and i honestly don't have so much problems with that, but for you guys to make it impossible for us to play here i didn't expect. First of all you can NOT find a decent raiding guild without them req. for like 6k GS min. and achievements. Second, there are literally no pugs giving us new people the chance to gear up ourselves. I mean think about it, how are you supposed to find new people for your guild if you are allowing only people with full gear in?

It's a shame really, that the situation stands like this. And honestly i can't figure out the fact that it's fun for you donators with full gear to play like this... isn't it more cool and interesting if it was hard...
    You probably can't make into a decent PVE guild due your application. Decent guilds does not require GS like you said but good application form. It's quite obvious that gear score does not carry skills and those who require gear score over skills don't even bother joining.

12. No offence to anyone here, i came here from retail in my break till legion launch to play with RL friends, and the lvl of noobness to express myself that way is too high among high geared ppl, examples got myself into some icc raids and i mostly destroy anyone with my 5.4k gs on dps. Dont get me wrong i dont have anything about donators they keep the servers runing by supporting but atleast learn the to play the chars u donated for before asking those insane 6k gs requirements for icc 10 nm :)

First 123 Last