1. /join LFG

Hey guys, I'm starting up a new channel called LFG
    To separate the craziness of global chat from people actually looking for a group :D

come join us at /join LFG

2. Yeah i still cant believe warmane staff didnt think of this yet
    I mean okay, disable random dungeon finder but seriously, think of consequences, global is infinitely spammed by people and you cant even ask a question anymore there, not to mention discuss some things wow-related(such as talents, specs, etcetera) which are quite useful for new players
    I just hope that one day they will use the in-game announcer to tell everybody to use LFG instead of global

3. There are some addons (like Spam Throttle or Bad Boy) that will help you filter the spam.

However... other people not using these addons will probably not see your messages unless you spam, too.

So it's up to those LFG to find another way of grouping, maybe even forming the groups in front of the instances like people used to do FoS/PoS... with dungeon finder disabled you will have to walk to the dungeon yourself anyway.

Still I hope for a solution, because most of the people are currently leveling, but what happens when everyone is maxed and is LFG?

4. You can't really chat about non-looking/trading things on global chat, which is pretty bad in my opinion, because it just forces me not to read it at all. Especially considering the fact that one of the intentions of this realm is to improve the social aspect between the people, but at the contrary, it's only being reduced.

Edit: So yeah, +1 to this thread.
    Edited: December 8, 2015

5. anyone seem to have lost all their chars??

6. To implement this they should make an official server annuncement like: "to form groups please /join LFG, refrain to use other channels to form groups". It's even possible to put a block in channels that would instantly block the chat if it uses terms like "LFM, LFG or LF", then display a messege that says "This channel is not used to form groups, please use the LFG channel".
    Edited: December 8, 2015

7. The only measure that might work is setting a hard time limit of like 1 message per 1 minute per account in all global (common, trade, etc.) channels. Easy to enforce, easy to implement, easy to track and block multiple messages. (not talking about duplicates, just 1 message per minute or similar)

Sick and tired of the {star} {skull} LFG FOS NORMAL {diamond} {circle} rainbows.

This will work fine, the same way like blocking sub-19 levels from spamming channels. If you ever need to "discuss" anything, you can always resort to whispers.

However that is for the devs to decide.

8. is only gonna get worse. i had to spam lfm in global the other day.... i hated doing that i felt like such a kent. everyone else was also spamming so in order for me to keep up i had to do the same :(

9. The only measure that might work is setting a hard time limit of like 1 message per 1 minute per account in all global (common, trade, etc.) channels. Easy to enforce, easy to implement, easy to track and block multiple messages. (not talking about duplicates, just 1 message per minute or similar)

Sick and tired of the {star} {skull} LFG FOS NORMAL {diamond} {circle} rainbows.

This will work fine, the same way like blocking sub-19 levels from spamming channels. If you ever need to "discuss" anything, you can always resort to whispers.

However that is for the devs to decide.
    I don't really get your point to be honest.
    General/Trade/LocalDefense/LookingForGroup are not what you call 'global' channels at all, they are official Blizzard channels which the term 'local' channels would be more applyable to. Since they are region-bound.
    The channel named 'global' is a community made channel (which of course bears a long history, since it was initiated by Blizzard players).
    Making a 1 minute restriction would completely destroy the purpose of a chat channel, on which, social interaction should be the main line.
    I agree though that, at this point, social interaction is not possible on the 'global' channel, but nothing stops the community of creating additional channels.
    Therefor i fully support this thread and think Warmane should seriously consider adding it to their broadcast message, which at this time only broadcasts something like:
    'If you want to interact with other players type /join global'
    If they advertise one non-official channel, they can just as easily advertise a second, in order to canalize the spam.

Kark.

10. To implement this they should make an official server annuncement like: "to form groups please /join LFG, refrain to use other channels to form groups". It's even possible to put a block in channels that would instantly block the chat if it uses terms like "LFM, LFG or LF", then display a messege that says "This channel is not used to form groups, please use the LFG channel".
    +1. Totally agree!

11. Duplicating the global channel will change nothing.

Therefore a restriction against spam has to be enforced.

Whether it's called "global" or "LFG' - it's the same.

12. Repeating 6 times in a row message like "DISCO PREST LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" or max. character guild recruitment messages that guild leaders are macro-spamming on repeat every 2 min in a desperate attempt to grab as much members before WotLK hits?

Sounds like an amazing experience, it brings that cozy Molten feeling and nostalgia, please stay true and don't implement any chat filters, we're loving this!

13. I don't see why there is so much spam. Places like Neltharion where Group Finder is broke as the **** (they deny it but it really is) and yet there isn't that much spam o.O

14. Repeating 6 times in a row message like "DISCO PREST LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" or max. character guild recruitment messages that guild leaders are macro-spamming on repeat every 2 min in a desperate attempt to grab as much members before WotLK hits?

Sounds like an amazing experience, it brings that cozy Molten feeling and nostalgia, please stay true and don't implement any chat filters, we're loving this!
    ^ /facepalmed
    first of all, dont say "we're loving this" since all the other comments here think otherwise
    secondly, you're ******ed

15. ^ /facepalmed
    first of all, dont say "we're loving this" since all the other comments here think otherwise
    secondly, you're ******ed
    Thirdly, you need to learn sarcasm /facepalm

12 Last