1. wait so you claim that you need to roleplay to do world PVP? that make no sense at all.
    Nah, that's not what I said. My point is for the people who go "hurr durr I gank because factions and war." No, you gank because you want to, without any game-wise obligation or expectation to do so, unless you are sticking to some role play excuse.

2. Nah, that's not what I said. My point is for the people who go "hurr durr I gank because factions and war." No, you gank because you want to, without any game-wise obligation or expectation to do so, unless you are sticking to some role play excuse.
    ok that do make alot more ssense.

majority of population preffer to do PVP so it make sense for warmane to open PVP realm not normal one.if someone dont like WPVP so much that he cant even level well simple dont play here just as you did,and hope 1 day warmane open normal one.

3. Being low level horde myself, I have to say I quite enjoy world pvp and every aspect of it, also makes questing less boring.

4. would be interesting if warmane changed either ragnaros or deathwing to normal after Lordaeron core comes, add cross-realm transfers and see just how many people end up on the normal one

5. Lol you crybabies go play tetris if you don't like PvP mmos, duh

6. i wonder how many players would actually stop playing if the server becomes normal. i mean how many people would go like "OMG i cant kill players who cant defend themselves anymore, i cant be a d*ck anymore and waste people's time im gonna leave this stupid server!!!"

im guessing not a lot while there are people who arent playing on the server because of the low xp rate and enormous amount of ganking. i myself have a 70, tried to level an alt for raiding but decided to stop and just wait for wotlk, because its hard to find groups and ganking wastes time and kills my enjoyment of the game. id rather play hearthstone, its 1 vs 1 and MMR might be broken but at least its not a level 31 getting killed by a level 70.

7. The second someone releases a progressive PvE server is the second I leave I don't "world pvp" I care about raids and constantly being dead is beyond annoying and has added hours onto leveling so I can enjoy the game doing what I like doing

8. The second someone releases a progressive PvE server is the second I leave I don't "world pvp" I care about raids and constantly being dead is beyond annoying and has added hours onto leveling so I can enjoy the game doing what I like doing
    But once you are at 80 you can afk in your town and raid normally..

Why should they release a PvE realm with lower population just to cater for the few people who rather cry about dying a few times while levelling?

9. But once you are at 80 you can afk in your town and raid normally..

Why should they release a PvE realm with lower population just to cater for the few people who rather cry about dying a few times while levelling?
    You see, this is another argument that doesn't adds up. If people get ganked "so little," "so rarely," "so few times," it would mean that the need for the server to be set as PvP is equally "little." People can still PvP just fine on a Normal server, after all, the only difference on a PvP one is you not being able to flick a toggle to say "I don't feel like PvP," be it temporarily or ever (and even with some areas where it's fully enforced). If forced PvP on people who don't want it is such a tiny problem, what's the point? What's the need to cater to such microscopic population?

10. You see, this is another argument that doesn't adds up. If people get ganked "so little," "so rarely," "so few times," it would mean that the need for the server to be set as PvP is equally "little." People can still PvP just fine on a Normal server, after all, the only difference on a PvP one is you not being able to flick a toggle to say "I don't feel like PvP," be it temporarily or ever (and even with some areas where it's fully enforced). If forced PvP on people who don't want it is such a tiny problem, what's the point? What's the need to cater to such microscopic population?
    That is a good point, there is nothing stopping those who love world pvp on a pve server from flagging themselves for pvp.

11. The second someone releases a progressive PvE server is the second I leave I don't "world pvp" I care about raids and constantly being dead is beyond annoying and has added hours onto leveling so I can enjoy the game doing what I like doing
    The same thing was said on a certain vanilla server, "If a PVE realm comes up eveyone will move there", so they released a pve realm and the population last night was 7.5k on PvP one, 1.5k on the PvE one....

Yeah..

You see, this is another argument that doesn't adds up. If people get ganked "so little," "so rarely," "so few times," it would mean that the need for the server to be set as PvP is equally "little." People can still PvP just fine on a Normal server, after all, the only difference on a PvP one is you not being able to flick a toggle to say "I don't feel like PvP," be it temporarily or ever (and even with some areas where it's fully enforced). If forced PvP on people who don't want it is such a tiny problem, what's the point? What's the need to cater to such microscopic population?
    If you want to be an asshat on a PvE realm while having your ganking privilege taken away, you can still kill quest giver npc's, tag quest mobs before lowbies can, etc.
    Changing a realm type won't change player's mentality. If they want to be as annoying as possible, they will be.

i wonder how many players would actually stop playing if the server becomes normal. i mean how many people would go like "OMG i cant kill players who cant defend themselves anymore, i cant be a d*ck anymore and waste people's time im gonna leave this stupid server!!!"
    I like having the choice of killing enemy players because they can:
    a) Be on the same quest as me and tagging multiple mobs at once, not letting me quest, so I kill them
    b) Be farming the same herb/ore/leather as I am, so I can kill them and get the mats

That's about it.
    Edited: December 10, 2015

12. If you want to be an asshat on a PvE realm while having your ganking privilege taken away, you can still kill quest giver npc's, tag quest mobs before lowbies can, etc.
    Changing a realm type won't change player's mentality. If they want to be as annoying as possible, they will be.
    While that's true, you can't change people's mentality, the link you make is fallacious. You also can kill quest givers, tag mobs and do stuff like that on a PvP server - and people do - so the result is on one case you have a cluster**** of possibilities to be as annoying as possible, while on a Normal server you'd only have part of those. The fact you can't completely eradicate a problem doesn't means you shouldn't minimize it when you have the tools for that.

13. You have the tools to completely eradicate the problem, but that'd be custom content... Though I think everyone would agree it would be the best solution (even the pvp community, except the ones who are constantly out to gank)
    (Making all players 10 levels and below/above unattackable)

14. You have the tools to completely eradicate the problem, but that'd be custom content... Though I think everyone would agree it would be the best solution (even the pvp community, except the ones who are constantly out to gank)
    Well tbh this realm is already a custom realm

15. You have the tools to completely eradicate the problem, but that'd be custom content... Though I think everyone would agree it would be the best solution (even the pvp community, except the ones who are constantly out to gank)
    That wouldn't eradicate anything, though...

1. It wouldn't do anything about the issue you just mentioned in the previous post; and
    2. It would still mean that players would be forced into PvP they don't want, just reduce the range in which it can happen.

First 1234 ... Last