1. TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP:
    1. If you're being corpse camped SIMPLY log for 10-15mins and grab something to eat, have a smoke to chill the **** out and I can almost guarantee whoever was giving you trouble has moved on
    2. Invest in some invisibility or camouflage potions (< makes you untrackable to hunters / ferals). Soon we'll have food that allows players to track humanoids (WotLK cooking recipe) get that **** and keep it up at all time and gtfo if you see a hostile player around.
    3. Make friends with people who enjoy world PvP (I'm one of them, and know many more) or simply learn to defend your self with the basics of PvP for your class/spec.

As someone else said, these two factions are at war and this is the game you play. Get used to it or don't play. Don't fix what isn't broken!

2. TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP:
    1. If you're being corpse camped SIMPLY log for 10-15mins and grab something to eat, have a smoke to chill the **** out and I can almost guarantee whoever was giving you trouble has moved on
    2. Invest in some invisibility or camouflage potions (< makes you untrackable to hunters / ferals). Soon we'll have food that allows players to track humanoids (WotLK cooking recipe) get that **** and keep it up at all time and gtfo if you see a hostile player around.
    3. Make friends with people who enjoy world PvP (I'm one of them, and know many more) or simply learn to defend your self with the basics of PvP for your class/spec.

As someone else said, these two factions are at war and this is the game you play. Get used to it or don't play. Don't fix what isn't broken!
    word! +1

Could not have said it better myself :D

3. Roll a paladin. Whenever you engage an enemy, use bubblehearth. Pray not to engage with priests (or warriors maybe)

MemorieZ
    Be clever instead. Are you being ganked? Either log a main, ask some friends or people in general chat or just try to be clever and escape the zone as quickly as possible. Having top level players around you just opens up an oppurtunity to think of some ways to vanish from the ganker. In case you are unable to do that, it's your problem. Just relog.
    Log a main? On Lordaeron where 90% people have 1 character that they play atm? Call for help? People dont mind it. Escape zone on 100% movement speed mount while he is on 150% movement speed mount or 280%, fo' sho'? Vanish from the ganker? Ill call it griefing not ganking anymore. Statement says it has to be Hardcore okay, but you said Blitzzlike also devs, so make griefing banable!

MemorieZ
    TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP:

1. Same level players arent a problem. Max level griefers are.
    2. Feral will 90% time gank while stealthed. Track that too?
    3. Playing solo? Defend yourself vs someone who actually 1 shots you?

Awesome!

6. TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP:
    TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP
    1. Unflag (when option is available)

Problem solved.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

It's funny when players suggests others to log out or call in others (which will promote more PvP) as if those are the only viable solutions. PvE players don't want lackluster/temporary workarounds that require either not playing or relying on others. Simple solutions, allow players to unflag from PvP (with in-game currency or real currency) or enact measures when players grief others via forced PvP (and yes preventing a player from progressing in the game can be considered giefing). I'm willing to bet PvP players won't massively stop playing, for one "most" players aren't so willing to throw away the time they have invested in this game, they might cut back on playing to "protest" and or swarm the forums but more than likely will still play and adapt to the changes as they often suggest PvE players do to forced PvP.

When the tables turn the same players that come down on PvE players about adapting will see how it feels when/if the PvE players turn around and "lecture" them about "adapting" to not being able to freely attack the opposite faction, would be quite humbling. Striving to be "Blizz-like" but overlooking/passing up one of the main "Blizz-like" features...

7. 1. Same level players arent a problem. Max level griefers are.
    2. Feral will 90% time gank while stealthed. Track that too?
    3. Playing solo? Defend yourself vs someone who actually 1 shots you?

Awesome!
    If you were to read what he wrote, you would see he said TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP, not tips to avoid ganking.

8. Opinion

The same can be stated about PvP players. They often feel as if they are the majority and that they have votes on how things "should" go or what's best for players OVERALL.

How can one suggest PvE players play retail (which isn't WotLK anymore) as a solution? So PvE seeking players are being suggested to pay and play on an entirely different expansion so PvP players can continue forcing PvP on others? (rhetorical)

Why would players who like PvP sso much unflag if the option is available (not stating that they can't)? If PvP is supposed to be the driving force on realms and the reason so many players play why not remain flagged? The "essence" of PvP is the "danger around every corner" experience and many players enjoy it (some don't) but these same PvP players will unflag if given the option, what sense does that make?

Seems more like PvP players that unflag want to clutch their edge, strike then retreat back to unflagged status, in other words they don't want to be more vulnerable than anyone else which is funny (LOL).

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

Spoiler: Show
    Not sure why people think that "majority" trumps what is good for players OVERALL. If "flagging" was optional the players who like PvP can remain flagged and things will pretty much be like they were before, only difference is unflagged characters will be unavailable to be attacked, how will PvP "die"? The PvP players that defend there not being an unflag option "should"/would remain flagged at all times as before correct? They can still go around attacking others that are flagged,. Pretty much the only thing that "dies" is forced PvP situations, again which is what people who are expressing concerns about flagging being optional pretty much are going on about. If not being able to attack any player when you want pushes a player to no longer play that is their choice, PvE players are faced with either being at the mercy of PvP players or not playing so who is to say that either type of player has more or less right to their preferred play style? For the most part PvE players could care less about PvP as long as they can opt out. PvP players for the most part want to blanket their play style over everyone else, which side "better" serves players overall, the one where players can freely seek PvP or the one where it is continually forced? Just to clarify "overall" is inclusive of ALL players, not just a self proclaimed majority.

firstly, i played already on a pve server, without even realizing it until level 30. when i went to stv, there was some shaman aggroing every single quest mob in the vicinity, while /rofl -ing to me. he was the opposite faction, but the thing is i couldn't kill the douchebag for doing that. had i flagged myself for pvp, he wouldn't give a damn about it and probably only killed me when the opportunity would arise. i quit that server around level 45 (it was a 5x or smth like that), since it was boring as fk to not being able to attack ANYONE, even those who were in pvp guilds, cuz they had pvp protection. and i mean, why wouldn't they? pvpers there and even here, case they really make this a pve realm, didn't ever flag for pvp. EVER. and despite seeing several hundreds of people, there was literally no one i could attack. sounds like fun? nope.

about me suggesting retail.... i already explained that. it IS a different expansion, but there are several options: 1) cap your character on level 80 and join a level 80 raiding guild. 2) pve is pretty much the same thing over and over again. killing the same number of dragons/bosses until the realm dies or moves forward. 3) blizzard did invest into pve only (that's the reason why wod sucks so hard), so it's a missed opportunity for you pve heroes not to play that expansion.

The same can be stated about PvP players. They often feel as if they are the majority and that they have votes on how things "should" go or what's best for players OVERALL.
    while questing and leveling, ALL players are involved in pve, whether they like it or not and that's fine. while leveling, even pvp people can enjoy what they really like in a game when pvp is enabled, otherwise, people like myself get bored really quickly from killing too many lines of code. by making the realm a pve one, they would focus on the pve part of the community only, while now it's mixed. yes, you die a couple of times and yes, it can become frustrating, but same as pvp people are forced to quest, it's only fair that pve ones are forced to defend themselves. it is a ROLE PLAYING GAME. and yes, that's also an opinion, just like yours and everyone elses in this whole thread and you're still commenting on that by stating the obvious.

9. and 95% of those 'hardcore PVPers' run like chicken when someone of same level comes there for a 1 on 1 PVP. Enjoyed that show quite numerous times.
    Killing 'HELPLESS LOWBIES' is not a 'PVP' for real. It has another word to explain it 'BULLYING'. and most of these so claiming 'PVPers' on forums are just 'BULLIES'. I am willing to see the top arena charts rather than a real-life-frustrated guy venting his real life issues on others :p
    True. It's funny how these people refer to attacking someone who can't even see your level as "PvP", they kill you and are like "lol this guy is so bad, I killed him so easily I am such an awesome player and feel so good now! DEAL WITH IT". Pathetic. :P
    Oh look here he comes now to quote me and reply with something like "Deal with it" :P I do deal with it, doesn't mean I can't point at how pathetic you are. :D

10. TIPS TO EXCLUDING YOUR SELF FROM WORLD PVP
    1. Unflag (when option is available)

Problem solved.

It's funny when players suggests others to log out or call in others (which will promote more PvP) as if those are the only viable solutions. PvE players don't want lackluster/temporary workarounds that require either not playing or relying on others. Simple solutions, allow players to unflag from PvP (with in-game currency or real currency) or enact measures when players grief others via forced PvP (and yes preventing a player from progressing in the game can be considered giefing). I'm willing to bet PvP players won't massively stop playing, for one "most" players aren't so willing to throw away the time they have invested in this game, they might cut back on playing to "protest" and or swarm the forums but more than likely will still play and adapt to the changes as they often suggest PvE players do to forced PvP.

When the tables turn the same players that come down on PvE players about adapting will see how it feels when/if the PvE players turn around and "lecture" them about "adapting" to not being able to freely attack the opposite faction, would be quite humbling. Striving to be "Blizz-like" but overlooking/passing up one of the main "Blizz-like" features...
    This is actually a good suggestion. Server stays PVP but people that don't want to get ganked can go in PVE mode.

11. This is actually a good suggestion. Server stays PVP but people that don't want to get ganked can go in PVE mode.
    then EVERYONE would go pve mode without even thinking about it. even pvp players. that suggestion sucks, since the world pvp would just die. i played on a server like that and i know the experience... i don't ever want to play on a similar realm again.

12. This is actually a good suggestion. Server stays PVP but people that don't want to get ganked can go in PVE mode.
    I hope you do realize that this IS the difference between a PvP and a PvE server. So much for "staying PvP".

13. pvpers there and even here, case they really make this a pve realm, didn't ever flag for pvp. EVER. and despite seeing several hundreds of people, there was literally no one i could attack. sounds like fun? nope.
    How do you think players feel when they are forced into PvP, does being forced into PvP sound fun to them? Nope. If players like PvP so much why would they NOT remain flagged? That is such an ignorant concept to me.

about me suggesting retail.... i already explained that. it IS a different expansion, but there are several options: 1) cap your character on level 80 and join a level 80 raiding guild. 2) pve is pretty much the same thing over and over again. killing the same number of dragons/bosses until the realm dies or moves forward. 3) blizzard did invest into pve only (that's the reason why wod sucks so hard), so it's a missed opportunity for you pve heroes not to play that expansion.
    Selfish suggestion(s). Suggesting players come out of pocket to play on an expansion they do not want to play on while player's such as yourself continue to play on the expansion you like and force PvP on others for free? LOL

while leveling, even pvp people can enjoy what they really like in a game when pvp is enabled, otherwise, people like myself get bored really quickly from killing too many lines of code. by making the realm a pve one, they would focus on the pve part of the community only, while now it's mixed. yes, you die a couple of times and yes, it can become frustrating, but same as pvp people are forced to quest, it's only fair that pve ones are forced to defend themselves. it is a ROLE PLAYING GAME. and yes, that's also an opinion, just like yours and everyone elses in this whole thread and you're still commenting on that by stating the obvious.
    With the option to unflag for PvP, PvP players can STILL enjoy attacking opposite faction players as long as they are flagged. How is the option to unflag PvP catering to the PvE portion of the "community" (probably should be termed as "players") only? You are still assuming that everyone will unflag while on the other hand there not being an option to unflag is pretty much definitely focusing on one part of the "community". PvE players can get bored as well when playing and PvP seeking players attack and or kill them, forcing them to run back to their body/take resurrection sickness, etc. Your arguments are stated as if they are one-sided (PvP will ONLY be effected) when most of which can be applied to BOTH PvE and PvP seekers. Because PvP players quest to level faster PvP should be forced on all players? LOL

The thought of PvP seekers actively unflagging themselves from PvP is quite amusing. What is seems like is those players don't want to lose that "edge" that they have by remaining flagged, a PvP flagged player can all of a sudden be attacked by a player(s) that is/are not flagged for PvP (which will flag them for a specific amount of time as already set in the programming, a player can't instantly unflag from PvP) and the PvP player will be faced with a much different type of situation and have less of an overbearing advantage on others. Going from "everyone is a target" to "who's who" can/will add a layer of challenge to PvP. PvP players will be urged to watch their backs even more so even when around unflagged players. It can possibly be set to where after unflagging from PvP the initial time (a few minutes) is increased to an hour or more of in-game time.

PvP players "should" seek other PvP flagged players and or queue for Battlegrounds should they not? As long as there is no option to unflag for PvP, players will continue to express opinions and concerns about there being an option to do so, it's also funny to me that the PvP defenders seemingly don't want to see PvE suggestions, just like they state for players that don't like forced PvP to not play or find something else to do they can do the same here on the forums by ignoring these type of topics. If realms remaining PvP is so "solidified" (as MANY have stated here and or in other threads), why try so hard to defend it? Why not let the PvE suggestions roam free, you see deep down PvP defenders know that there is a possibility that things can change and it scares them...

PvP isn't going to die because some people choose to unflag (it can be pretty much guaranteed that not all players will unflag from PvP, trying to use this speculation as an argument that PvP will cease to exist is silly), as previously mentioned what's going to die is forced PvP and what is going to happen as well is PvE won't remain sequestered to raids and dungeons as if that's what PvE solely consists of. Seemingly PvP players want others to run their PvP gauntlet and then shut themselves away and only do raids/dungeons to remain "safe", then, if they choose to periodically venture back into the world they are venturing back into the PvP gauntlet. With the population BG's, arenas, World PvP objectives, etc. will still be there but no, PvP players seem to want to extend their PvP preference onto all AND be able to oppose PvE preference but at the same time NOT be able to have their PvP preference opposed. That is the selfish.

14. How do you think players feel when they are forced into PvP, does being forced into PvP sound fun to them? Nope. If players like PvP so much why would they NOT remain flagged? That is such an ignorant concept to me.

Selfish suggestion(s). Suggesting players come out of pocket to play on an expansion they do not want to play on while player's such as yourself continue to play on the expansion you like and force PvP on others for free? LOL

With the option to unflag for PvP, PvP players can STILL enjoy attacking opposite faction players as long as they are flagged. How is the option to unflag PvP catering to the PvE portion of the "community" (probably should be termed as "players") only? You are still assuming that everyone will unflag while on the other hand there not being an option to unflag is pretty much definitely focusing on one part of the "community". PvE players can get bored as well when playing and PvP seeking players attack and or kill them, forcing them to run back to their body/take resurrection sickness, etc. Your arguments are stated as if they are one-sided (PvP will ONLY be effected) when most of which can be applied to BOTH PvE and PvP seekers. Because PvP players quest to level faster PvP should be forced on all players? LOL

The thought of PvP seekers actively unflagging themselves from PvP is quite amusing. What is seems like is those players don't want to lose that "edge" that they have by remaining flagged, a PvP flagged player can all of a sudden be attacked by a player(s) that is/are not flagged for PvP (which will flag them for a specific amount of time as already set in the programming, a player can't instantly unflag from PvP) and the PvP player will be faced with a much different type of situation and have less of an overbearing advantage on others. Going from "everyone is a target" to "who's who" can/will add a layer of challenge to PvP. PvP players will be urged to watch their backs even more so even when around unflagged players. It can possibly be set to where after unflagging from PvP the initial time (a few minutes) is increased to an hour or more of in-game time.

PvP players "should" seek other PvP flagged players and or queue for Battlegrounds should they not? As long as there is no option to unflag for PvP, players will continue to express opinions and concerns about there being an option to do so, it's also funny to me that the PvP defenders seemingly don't want to see PvE suggestions, just like they state for players that don't like forced PvP to not play or find something else to do they can do the same here on the forums by ignoring these type of topics. If realms remaining PvP is so "solidified" (as MANY have stated here and or in other threads), why try so hard to defend it? Why not let the PvE suggestions roam free, you see deep down PvP defenders know that there is a possibility that things can change and it scares them...

PvP isn't going to die because some people choose to unflag (it can be pretty much guaranteed that not all players will unflag from PvP, trying to use this speculation as an argument that PvP will cease to exist is silly), as previously mentioned what's going to die is forced PvP and what is going to happen as well is PvE won't remain sequestered to raids and dungeons as if that's what PvE solely consists of. Seemingly PvP players want others to run their PvP gauntlet and then shut themselves away and only do raids/dungeons to remain "safe", then, if they choose to periodically venture back into the world they are venturing back into the PvP gauntlet. With the population BG's, arenas, World PvP objectives, etc. will still be there but no, PvP players seem to want to extend their PvP preference onto all AND be able to oppose PvE preference but at the same time NOT be able to have their PvP preference opposed. That is the selfish.

i should've realized it sooner that it's pointless talking to you about anything, since you're so dumb in believing people would actually flag themselves for pvp. as i mentioned several times earlier, i played on such a realm and even those from pvp guilds didn't bother to flag themselves. world pvp was literally non existent there with 4k people online. i wandered around on my friends account for a bit and that's the truth. all the pvp players were unflagged and no one even bothered to do otherwise. that would happen here too. as a pvp player, i already said i would quit, but if i were dedicated enough for playing, i would definitely abuse that system too, despite being a pvp player, since it's always better to have the first strike at your opponent, instead of waiting for a rogue or something to open you. i'm talking from my experience, not hunches or anything alike. the current, pvp, state is the most balanced and most fair. this isn't a biased opinion like yours, since i used to be a pve player too, during the whole tbc and up to 3.2. patch of wotlk (i entered my first rated arena on 3.0.9. wotlk patch, so i was terrible at pvp and didn't like it too much up until that point), but i still thought that pvp should be enabled no matter how frustrated i was at that moment as it adds diversity from leveling, killing mobs and stuff. just to repeat one more time: people would NOT flag themselves for pvp at any moment, even if they're guaranteed to have the first attack. don't believe me? pm me, i'll pm you the server that has that enabled, so you can see it for yourself how terrible it is.

15. i should've realized it sooner that it's pointless talking to you about anything, since you're so dumb in believing people would actually flag themselves for pvp.

don't believe me? pm me, i'll pm you the server that has that enabled, so you can see it for yourself how terrible it is.
    If you don't mind PM me the server ONLY if it is WotLK 3.3.5 and isn't a fun server (NO custom content) :) :) :)

First and foremost no one here is talking, these are simply words on a screen. Unlike you and some others I look at things from multiple perspectives (from both a PvE and PvP stand point). The forums are for discussions and sharing ideas, opinions, etc. and just because people don't agree doesn't necessarily mean that their point of view or arguments are invalid and or have no merit. PvP players have a particular play style they enjoy just like PvE players do but what often happens on private servers is that the PvP play style overshadows the PvE one, in others words the PvP play style often exists at the expense of the PvE play style and can be argued that it is one-sided, I for one feel that it is. There are a number of PvP avenues to take (Arenas, Battlegrounds, World PvP objectives, etc.), there are PvE avenues to take as well but like I mentioned players are constantly at the mercy of PvP players which is where the discrimination lies. I could care less if people flagged for PvP or not, I'm concerned about there being an option to unflag. It is not 100% guaranteed that everyone won't flag for PvP no matter how many other servers you and others "describe" as doing so. It's speculation based on a premise that is not 100% guaranteed.

I and others here support PvP as long as it is consensual and others can't respect that there is no discussion. PvE players aren't trying to sabotage PvP, they want the option to opt out of it, nothing more, nothing less. The way PvP players defend PvP is laughable seeing as if there are so many PvP players why would some players choosing not to flag be so detrimental? From the posts of others it is being proclaimed that PvP players make up the "majority" of the population so why not remain flag and attack each other? PvP players NOT flagging for PvP is a joke and goes to show when not at a greater advantage PvP players drop the ball. As others have stated PvP isn't attacking other players that have little to no chance in retaliation, that is actually more along the lines of cowardice draped in the cloak of "PvP". Attacking "grey" targets hoping that they will or stating that they should just call in higher level players isn't an excuse. Arenas, Battlegrounds and World PvP objectives are TRUE PvP, everyone involved is consenting to it, attacking players who don't consent just because they are forced to remain flagged for PvP isn't PvP. To counter the whole "World of Warcraft is about PvP" arguments, WoW started off with "normal" realms (can flag/unflag for PvP), only later were PvP realms introduced so stating that WoW is about PvP and shrouding PvP intentions in that notion and or "lore" is bollocks LOL. Also as previously mentioned I suggested that the option to unflag PvP if nothing else be a "paid" option AND also increase the unflag "timer" to an hour or more and have the timer run only while a character is logged in, that way players seeking to just "get the drop" on others by springing from unflagged status will have to come up off something as well as wait in-game for quite some time to become unflagged again therefore greatly lowering the return on "abusing" the option. PvP players with "abusive" intent will more than likely not opt in to unflag from PvP if the "cooldown" to be unflagged again is high and have to remain logging in, it wouldn't seem worth it and therefore they will remain flagged and still be able to PvP on other flagged players.

First ... 891011 Last