1. Lordaeron to Normal

Could you set at least Lordaeron to Normal, meaning you don't have to run to your corpse every ten minutes?

Every aspect of this project is good except for this one. I haven't met one single person who would enjoyed - since I play the Horde and all the ******s who kill you when you fight elite play the Alliance. I don't like PvP, I want to play the game, finish quests and simply level so I can do raids, or, if I get really really bored, go to BGs. But on this project, you simply have no choice. It begins to suck really. The only reason I haven't left yet is I don't have a place to play which is so populated - but if something doesn't happen, I will be forced to.

I know, of course, you don't give a **** about me - no need to write it :) The thing is there is many of those who feel the same, and the admins should maybe consider the option of making happy most of the realm than making happy a few alliance ******ed kids, whose penises are simply too small to be cool in real life.

2. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-section-rules

Thread moved from suggestions to the appropriate section.

3. Every aspect of this project is good except for this one. I haven't met one single person who would enjoyed - since I play the Horde and all the ******s who kill you when you fight elite play the Alliance.
    What if I told you it's the exact same Alliance side ?
    What if I told you a lot of people enjoy world pvp, and it was one of the main features of the realm ?

No, switching to Normal is for casuals and crybabies who can't deal with the fact that there are 2 factions at war. What's the logic behind not being able to attack your enemies? Is the Azeroth police going to arrest you for killing someone you're at war with ? No.
    Get a max level friend to help you out or just deal with it. I bet you're one of those guys who run away 1v1 but heroically gank 2v1 then /spit and /lol.

4. What's the logic behind not being able to attack your enemies? Is the Azeroth police going to arrest you for killing someone you're at war with ?
    This kind of thing always makes me chuckle. While there might be exceptions, how many gankers are actually role players, to give any hint of a basis to this claim of "must kill because enemy faction"? Because unless you're role playing being some ruthless merciless faction fanatic, nothing should trump having respect for other players.

5. Deal with it, everyone else deals with it. Log off for a couple of hours, go to a different zone, ask a player for help. Just sitting here whining about pvp won't get you far.

Is it fair? No, but it will never be fair you know why? Just as Radvo said, "two factions at war." Get over it, it's WARcraft after all.

Also, I'm an Alliance player and I got ganked and ganged up numerous times by Horde, it's not just Horde who experience it.
    Edited: December 9, 2015

6. world PVP is one of the most fun things to do in WOTLK and its really sad that do not exist since WOTLK because you are able to fly in azeroth and RDF spam leveling.
    anyway PVP is major part of wow gameplay and story.been able to kill enemy faction is one of basic stuff you absolutly have to be able to do.the fact they disable RDF on lorderon and now players are force to do quests over dungeons it make the server almost feel as retail when WOTLK come out.and yes it does suck when someone kill you and camp but its the same for him if someone stronger come.and if you are the one who kill other players its fun as hell.
    making the server NORMAL is will make it so much boring.you just go do quests and log off when you tired no need to pay arention for ganks ot deal with other player .... pfff boring.

btw i am horde players and i dont feel like alliance dominate and camp horde all the time.sure i have been killed few times but i have also kill alliance players or even camp them as group.few times i was doing quests with 4 more people in party and alliance 5man party try to kill us so we had really nice 5v5 wpvp fights :D server feels really balanced so far ( currently level 50).if you want to be that guy who only solo do stuff you may have some problems so better join a guild and always inv people who quest around you in party and even in friend list this will help you alot.

7. This kind of thing always makes me chuckle. While there might be exceptions, how many gankers are actually role players, to give any hint of a basis to this claim of "must kill because enemy faction"? Because unless you're role playing being some ruthless merciless faction fanatic, nothing should trump having respect for other players.
    You don't have to be a roleplayer to get involved in the world. By that logic, you'd have to be a roleplayer to kill Arthas, unless you're playing being some clueless hero throwing himself as cannon fodder to whatever big baddie.

*squint*

8. You don't have to be a roleplayer to get involved in the world. By that logic, you'd have to be a roleplayer to kill Arthas, unless you're playing being some clueless hero throwing himself as cannon fodder to whatever big baddie.
    Do you have quests to gank players?
    Didn't think so.

9. Autcorrect is gud.

nothing should trump having respect for other players.
    The thing is, I wouldn't expect respect from most players. On games, especially mmo's people tend to lose that value.

10. The thing is, I wouldn't expect respect from most players. On games, especially mmo's people tend to lose that value.
    That's exactly why people so recurrently ask for a Normal server, and why I personally don't play in any of our servers until that changes - you can't expect that kind of respect, so it has to be enforced by game mechanics.

11. Do you have quests to gank players?
    Didn't think so.
    You have quests to capture a pvp objective (wpl, hellfire, nagrand, zangarmarsh, etc) that indicate you will fight other faction's heroes.
    It's not "ganking" it's world pvp. If you want to get rid of ganking make all damage done to players 10 levels and below equal to zero.

12. You have quests to capture a pvp objective (wpl, hellfire, nagrand, zangarmarsh, etc) that indicate you will fight other faction's heroes.
    It's not "gank-ing" it's world pvp. If you want to get rid of ganking make all damage done to players 10 levels and below equal to zero.
    You have PvP quests, which happen in specific zones, meant for that, where people who want PvP go to PvP, without forcing it on people who might not be interested in it. "World PvP" on a PvP server is 99.9% ganking. The moment you take off the ability for people to opt-out of PvP with a flag you cause that, because most people only get into "World PvP" when they are sure they can win. Even PvPers, when pointed out that on a Normal server you can simply leave yourself open to PvP if you want it, said they would exploit that, by only turning PvP on when they could attack someone by surprise.

13. We must have really really different experiences then, as in 2 months I've been ganked by high level players about 9-10 times, while getting over 300 honorable kills and dying over 300 times.

The ratio of dying by world pvp to dying by ganking, in my case, is (by approximation, of course) 300:10, doesn't seem all that bad imo, considering the amount of fun I've had while doing world pvp.

14. We must have really really different experiences then, as in 2 months I've been ganked by high level players about 9-10 times, while getting over 300 honorable kills and dying over 300 times.

The ratio of dying by world pvp to dying by ganking, in my case, is (by approximation, of course) 300:10, doesn't seem all that bad imo, considering the amount of fun I've had while doing world pvp.
    Well, think from this perspective: only on Steam, my list is past 3.9k games. Getting ganked, corpse-camped and annoyed even by one person, because I don't have the choice of opting out of PvP, which exists in the game, while having so many other games I could be playing? Not worth it.

15. lol so to do world PVP you have to be roleplayer.......that literally make no sense at all.

Do you have quests to gank players?
    Didn't think so.
    there is no quests that force you to farm raids and dungeons.and you dont do it because of the quest but for the gear.following your logic all pve players are roleplayers becuase they want better gear.....

You have PvP quests, which happen in specific zones, meant for that, where people who want PvP go to PvP, without forcing it on people who might not be interested in it. "World PvP" on a PvP server is 99.9% ganking. The moment you take off the ability for people to opt-out of PvP with a flag you cause that, because most people only get into "World PvP" when they are sure they can win. Even PvPers, when pointed out that on a Normal server you can simply leave yourself open to PvP if you want it, said they would exploit that, by only turning PvP on when they could attack someone by surprise.
    not true at all.TBC pvp quests for example are in hellfire,zangramash and nagrand all 3 of this are for leveling for "specific" pvp zones. there was also PVP quest in icecrown i think it was to kill 20 enemy players or someting like that you pick it from cepelin.even in WOD there world PVP quests that are not only for ashran like " kill 500 undead players" and so on.Wpvp have been huge part of WOW since forever.

123 ... Last