1. A Sci-Fi Question!

A thought came to my mind , i was wondering what you guys might think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you guys might think abut what would happens if we get signal from outer space?

*Yea there are a lot of movies abut this but , they never take religion in consideration how it may shake the foundation of it , do you think there will be chaos?

*Who will be representative of our world , what country?

But for people who respond to this, please don't go off topic here.

2. Umm....
    I don't think by then any country will be the way it is now. Seeing what's going on in the world, it seems to me the world might politiccly change. Therefore my guess would be the country which will represent us has not been made yet or isnt in that form yet, if that makes sense.
    Religion wise I do not think there will be chaos, because why would there be?
    And I think first it will be like "to arms" if you know what I mean in kind of defensive stance, then trying to make communication of some sort. Much likely we'll have to prove them that we are able to survive and that we are worthy communicating with, if we do, then it will be fun.

3. What makes you think that the first contact hasn't been made already? Or what makes you think they would even want to make contact by sending us some sort of signal? Or do you think that a civilization capable of FTL travel would even consider a primitive society like ours as someone worthy of a contact? For example, did you ever try to make contact and communication with ants in your apartment? If I was in their place, I'd just wipe the planet clean of human race and make it a weekend resort for my fellow aliens, or make a space Florida out of it and send the retired ones over.

4. What makes you think that the first contact hasn't been made already? Or what makes you think they would even want to make contact by sending us some sort of signal? Or do you think that a civilization capable of FTL travel would even consider a primitive society like ours as someone worthy of a contact? For example, did you ever try to make contact and communication with ants in your apartment? If I was in their place, I'd just wipe the planet clean of human race and make it a weekend resort for my fellow aliens, or make a space Florida out of it and send the retired ones over.
    Well it dosn't make me thing we didn't make contact already, what i wanted to say on global scale without any secrets. And to answer your second question maybe they are on same level of technology as we are.

Umm....
    I don't think by then any country will be the way it is now. Seeing what's going on in the world, it seems to me the world might politiccly change. Therefore my guess would be the country which will represent us has not been made yet or isnt in that form yet, if that makes sense.
    Religion wise I do not think there will be chaos, because why would there be?
    And I think first it will be like "to arms" if you know what I mean in kind of defensive stance, then trying to make communication of some sort. Much likely we'll have to prove them that we are able to survive and that we are worthy communicating with, if we do, then it will be fun.
    Why i said chaos it because of religion , What would people that belive in God say to that , that we are not only intelligent life from in Universe.

5. You made me go to offtopic.
    We are intelligent life? We are still animals in basics. Sadly. We do make advancements in science, but all that will happen is in the end we'll find our death because of us going too far. And I'm afraid that time is coming. We are not supposed to go too far and Earth and Cosmos has every weapon needed to stop us should we try to.
    Either way, if basics of everything were created by the Highest or by the Creator, then these kind of creatures are also under "everything", therefore I dont see any conflict there.

6. Well ok , that's is why i opened this topic to hear others people thoughts , we need more people to talk abut this.

7. Ever as far (or close) as Mars is, Terra looks like yet another shiny dot against the black background. Even if for some reason alien life would ever pass through our solar system, the chances of ever detecting us are infime. As it is, chances for intelligent extraterrestrial life are close to none considering the vastness of space. Even if there are 1.000.000.000 planets supporting intelligent beings, the chances or ever meeting one another are incomprehensibly slim. The human mind can not even wrap around the concept of the universe as we ourselves created.

In other words, don't even begin to think about alien contact. but for the sake of argument I'll answer your questions.

Spoiler: Show
    What you guys might think abut what would happens if we get signal from outer space?

The lives of the average man will not change considerably. Recently we learned that there is liquid water on Mars, which is the biggest news in the known history concerning alien life, and almost no one gave any ****s. Some religious nuts might be rustled but that's about it. My grandma certainly wouldn't give a bloody turd about it.

Yea there are a lot of movies abut this but , they never take religion in consideration how it may shake the foundation of it , do you think there will be chaos?

Why do people think that alien life and religion are mutually exclusive? If anything, it would be an even further proof of an intelligent creator for the humankind, which our religions are all about. Yes, the idea of god being an old guy in the clouds who grants wishes if you pray will be shattered but anyone with a rational mind already dismissed the old idea of what god should be. And for example in buddhism the existence of aliens will not influence the belief in any way.

Who will be representative of our world , what country?

Why do we need a representative? If the aliens are advanced enough to discover and reach us, they wouldn't need any representative to establish and maintain communication and relations. The belief that they function on the same principles as us is a mistake.

8. It seams you don't have high hopes for humanity in near future @TheClam , somewhat like you are expected to fail , or it just my misjudgment but non the less good answer thanks :)

9. Well I would guess they'll find us not vice versa which is why I'd agree that we would have to prove ourselves to them, but I wouldn't be so sure that they'll see us as enemies - well, some will, of course, but, I hope, they'll also have the "intelligent" part not to just come and destroy, but maybe try and figure out what are we like and stuff? Altho in such turn of events still many would fall (id even say most) because if they would be so intelligent, we wouldnt be equal and try to kill them, so they'd kill us in self-defense, the ones who would be with them in equal level, would survive tho and maybe even taken in their community if that makes sense.

10. ... And to answer your second question maybe they are on same level of technology as we are...
    If they're capable of FTL (faster than light) travel, they sure as hell aren't on the same level as us...

Why i said chaos it because of religion , What would people that belive in God say to that , that we are not only intelligent life from in Universe.
    Nothing they aren't saying already; "If god created us, why wouldn't he create some other form of life?" Or my favorite; "God works in misterious ways:"

It seams you don't have high hopes for humanity in near future @TheClam , somewhat like you are expected to fail , or it just my misjudgment but non the less good answer thanks :)
    And you do have hope for humanity? On account of what? People still can't see past the skin color to begin with, let's not even get into the subject of nation / religion. You are being brought up and trained by the society to be an obedient consumer, to hate and to be afraid of things you don't understand or see as your own. You have no freedom whatsoever, no real choice even though it looks like your choices are endless. And if you try to get out of the line, show some out of the box thinking, you're gonna be put back into your place real fast. I mean, for starters just take a look at the molten/warmane community or in general, the mindset of people on private servers, or hell, the mindset of people on the whole damn internet. Most of them haven't read two books in their lives. New generations of kids are being raised by the social media instead of their parents at home. And by the looks of it, it's a tsunami of morons.

So no, I personally have no hope for humanity as a whole. I do have hope for a minor part of it but on a larger scale, we're on the brink of things going down south and going there real fast.
    Edited: December 12, 2015 Reason: typos

11. [QUOTE=Diemtee;2584438]If they're capable of FTL (faster than light) travel, they sure as hell aren't on the same level as us...

I started this topic as a signal not contact. On other stuff you said i agree on all of them but if things go as the way they did in past .

But , also society fallows a pattern every 25 years or so , we break our moral believes and try to reform a new one , after that we agree on witch direction society wants to go and again , so my prediction is that will happen really soon , but we are getting off topic again . anyway we are just left here and to see what will happen .