1. Hall of Fame - (Path of the Gladiator)

Hello everyone,

This is probably my first thread I ever made on forums since I started playing on this server, the suggestion might even seem pointless to some of you, but even so I would still like to see peoples thoughts on it. Anyhow, just move it to another section if it doesn't fit here. Let me begin.

Between Arena tournament players, classic molten players and new enthusiasts who used to love WOTLK pvp, there is a large portion of Lordaeron that will have interest in Arena pvp. The reason i am pointing this out is because with WOTLK release the new arena seasons will also begin (with season 5 and later 6, 7, 8,) and I believe that we should take steps to make arena even more fun (just like with the buffs to Nax).

With a full 4 seasons of arena and so many interested in the rewards and fun of arenas I feel like it would be a good idea to add something to the game to inspire our loyal Pvp’ers AND to give incentive to those who want something new to work towards. The idea is that it would be neat to allow said players a chance to earn a spot in the arena Hall of Fame!

The idea of the Hall of Fame that I have is very similar to two ideas in the game. Firstly it would be similar to the hall of Legends and hall of Champions in stormwind or orgrimar, where NPC’s or statues are set on display or for multi-vendor purpose. Secondly is an idea from Ashran retail where npc’s are named after outstanding Gladiator players (horde have an Undead DK called Lord Mes, a well-known DK streamer). (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=80497/lord-mes)

Combining these two ideas I think it would be awesome to make it so that there is a place (whether it be in a main city, or outside of the cities in northrend) where people can go to see the Pvp NPC’s (maybe they are more pvp vendors / reagents and others) that are NAMED after those who achieved some of the top ratings in Arena. So to clarify, all I mean is that there is an arena with new NPC’s that are renamed to be ‘Gladiator x’ to show who got titles on the server.

The reason I think this is a good idea is not just for the simple reason to give Pvper’s more rewards, but also to realize that in WOTLK retail, there were a LOT more players on the battlegroups than there are on this individual server. What that means is that although we are a big server and doing well with population, and even with the decently high enthusiastic pvpers here, there will not be a lot of people doing arenas to make 3v3 (and especially 5v5) very active.

The Hall of Fame could be either in a new or an old place located somewhere on our realm like, Stormwind, Orgrimmar or Dalaran, (If it's an old place, we could just rename current pvp vendors, or add new ones next to them, whatever works since everyone already knows where they are)

And so, my suggestion would maybe help motivate others to get involved in pvp for a chance to show off their skill and see their name in the Lordearon pvp Gladiator’s Hall of Fame. This way the pvp community grows. Again, this idea is not complete so I am looking to put it out there to see what people think about it and how maybe it could work.

I have noticed that we already have HD models here, and it would be really easy for the Devs to set up an idea like the one i have mentioned with season gear and the names of the heroes.
    I know that the idea is not fully 'BLIZZ'like' but i feel like its an idea worth looking into considering the population and reputations of private server players.
    It will add an aspect to the game that is literally harmless to change in gameplay - but will add greater incentive for the community to enjoy more PVP too.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Best Regards.
    Edited: December 11, 2015 Reason: typo

2. That's a pretty interesting and innovative idea. I'm interested to see what others might think / add

3. I like the idea, but it wont ever happen because its a custom feature and they said that those wont make it ingame on Lordaeron, maybe if you suggest this to Blackrock they will add it, but not here for sure.

4. I like the idea, but it wont ever happen because its a custom feature and they said that those wont make it ingame on Lordaeron, maybe if you suggest this to Blackrock they will add it, but not here for sure.
    Let's not discount it simply with the "custom" argument. Feel free to discuss it.