1. Noooo...

I suggest they make the respawn timers even slower. Because we're HARDCORE people on a HARDCORE realm? Right?
    I have proven my hardcoreness many times last night in battles against dozens of skilled-hardcore warriors furiously clicking on pieces of paper, bottles, mammothpoop and so on and so on...and i have yet to prove my strength in many more battles to come! I have even enhanced my equipment...i bought a cheap new mouse, cause my previous one suffered great injuries in last night's battles against his own kind and lost a couple of click-buttons. The skillcap in here is just too damn high!

I don't know, i don't think my words can express the joy i feel about the hardcoreness of our new leveling experience. It's too overwhelming... /cri

2. Corpse camping V 2.0 = When you are camping corpses in Howling Fjord to take out spears

3. Bump

I'm currently having a quicker leveling experience in Outland rather than be questing on Northrend, It's imposible to do any item quest unless you camp the spot

4. +1 as well. It's not chalalging gameplay to wait with 20 other ppl for quest item to spawn and who will 1st click on it..

5. More drop > higher prices > forum QQ > decreased drop > lower prices > forum QQ > repeat

6. Decrease quest item spawn timers? No sir, leave them as they are. If opposing faction is camping the spot, kill them and camp the spot yourselves and or do as the PvP players suggest to the PvE players, "find something else to do", "log out", "suck it up". Can't have it both ways, better yet where are the world PvP activists? Spawn timers are great opportunities world PvP right? Hmmm, seems like PvP isn't so great when trying to quest... LOL j/k

Just like when PvE players are trying to quest and their progression time is increased because of forced PvP, quest progression for ALL is increased because of spawn timers, sounds fair to me. You can't really want to blaze through quests with instant respawns when on the other hand there will still be players making it harder for others :)

On a more serious note, quest item spawn timers seem to be part of the game, intended "speed bumps" so players don't just blaze their way to end game and then whine about more content. If a spawn is taking too long I suggest skipping the quest if you can help it.

:)
    As much as I personally dislike world pvp and as much as I'm in agreement with Kel re: the respawn times, I think this is a good set of points, fairly put out. Speed bumps to prolong end-game sounds like a good plan to me but, and there is a but, not to the point that it becomes a bottleneck where the person with the lowest ping gets the item every time. This excludes most of the non-EU players from progression, and in the case of an NPC like Koltira, only those with some WoW acumen will be able to progress by using interact/autocomplete macros or addons, which in turn excludes those less familiar with the technical mechanics of WoW.

While I understand the idea behind prolonging the rate of progression, I can't in good conscience say that it's in any way fair, you need only look at the number of people at each potential questline bottleneck to see what I mean.

7. skill was never part of the subject, why, coz it takes so much skill to kill that poor fella who couldnt even see your level? killing lowbies doesnt take skill and so does looting quest items. the server is perfect the way it is... as stated by people who love world pvp and i agree, deal with it, you cant have your cake and eat it too
    Yeah deal with it after you attempt to do Northrend leveling with 10 people on the same quest item :P

yes DK questing is just not gonna happen for some people :D on my opinion unless you want realm first will be better to wait like week or 2 before leveling a DK.

btw how is the exp from dungeon farming?
    It's like 5% exp per dungeon i think (counting out possible quests and the level you are) and a dungeon takes a long time compare to questing so you have to have a really fast group to make it effiance but it's not worth it imo..

Originally Posted by TriNitY706;2584866
    [center
    --+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--[/center]

Changing quest item respawn rates in my opinion is a bad idea, even before some quests had "long" quest item respawn times and I don't recall seeing any threads about them but now all of a sudden it's a problem...
    Why is it a bad idea? Provide a good argument why it should NOT be tweaked? It benefits EVERYONE who is LEVELING?? How can you disagree on this subject? Also so if the issue has never been adressed in a older thread that doesn't make it an issue?

More drop > higher prices > forum QQ > decreased drop > lower prices > forum QQ > repeat
    Just make the quest item drop rate more frequent or tweak it in some way = whola you don't affect the economy...

8. I simply go to the item spot. Is there people waiting? I leave and do other things and swing back when I'm in the area. If push comes to shove, I will get on in the early mornings(US time) when there isn't as many people on and get it done then.

Annoying? Yes, but its doable.

9. Use your time wisely

As much as I personally dislike world pvp and as much as I'm in agreement with Kel re: the respawn times, I think this is a good set of points, fairly put out. Speed bumps to prolong end-game sounds like a good plan to me but, and there is a but, not to the point that it becomes a bottleneck where the person with the lowest ping gets the item every time. This excludes most of the non-EU players from progression, and in the case of an NPC like Koltira, only those with some WoW acumen will be able to progress by using interact/autocomplete macros or addons, which in turn excludes those less familiar with the technical mechanics of WoW.

While I understand the idea behind prolonging the rate of progression, I can't in good conscience say that it's in any way fair, you need only look at the number of people at each potential questline bottleneck to see what I mean.
    It becomes a bottle-neck when there are so many people trying to do the same quests, currently with so many players are racing to lvl 80, it comes with the territory. After the initial droves of high level characters move on to other zones/higher levels quest item spawn times will seem as less of a "bottleneck".

Why is it a bad idea? Provide a good argument why it should NOT be tweaked? It benefits EVERYONE who is LEVELING?? How can you disagree on this subject? Also so if the issue has never been adressed in a older thread that doesn't make it an issue?
    I stated it was a bad idea to me.

Spoiler: Show
    I feel it shouldn't be tweaked because to me for one currently players want to blaze to lvl 80, etc. for realm firsts. After the realm firsts are long gone the quest item respawn rates will be less of a concern. Right now when there is a group of players waiting on a respawn and one person gets it that person is able to continue on while the others sit there in spite and as I mentioned before players don't have to sit there and wait, they can do other tasks like kill mobs for XP, gather mats, etc. instead of waiting on a "chance" to pickup the item(s). Waiting on a respawn is pretty much a conscious choice. Deathknights will definitely be effected by multiple players on the same quest because they can't leave the area and just move on but the patient and persistent will end up with a full fledged DK.

For two, when questing not only are players faced with quest item spawn times, they are faced with "interference" from other players, mainly opposite faction ones. When a player is questing and they are set back because a player enacts force on them (often without adequate defense and often multiple times), it can be unnerving and players waiting on quest item respawns are essentially experiencing the same thing and I'm willing to bet some of the people posting here about the rates have set others back before, what goes around comes around. As far as not seeing threads about this before it doesn't mean it's not an "issue" to some, but why now? Because the realm is "fresh" and people want realms firsts? I'm just asking. Again quest item respawn times are not a hindrance to me because I do other things until the item is about to respawn.

I simply go to the item spot. Is there people waiting? I leave and do other things and swing back when I'm in the area. If push comes to shove, I will get on in the early mornings(US time) when there isn't as many people on and get it done then.
    ^ Spot on ^

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

Use your time wisely.

10. It becomes a bottle-neck when there are so many people trying to do the same quests, currently with so many players are racing to lvl 80, it comes with the territory. After the initial droves of high level characters move on to other zones/higher levels quest item spawn times will seem as less of a "bottleneck".

Use your time wisely.
    On a personal level, absolutely agreed lol, I started a new alt with the Wrath release so I'm gonna take my sweet time getting to 80 even on my main lol! My comments were more about the general majority pushing through Northrend at release :p

11. On a personal level, absolutely agreed lol, I started a new alt with the Wrath release so I'm gonna take my sweet time getting to 80 even on my main lol! My comments were more about the general majority pushing through Northrend at release :p
    A sane mind read your post :)

Spoiler: Show
    Mine post was as well. The players that are going through Northrend currently have quite a path ahead of them, the persistent and mindful will reach their goal(s), the crafty ones will probably do so ahead of others. The spawn times widen the gap and put pressure on others to get on their "A" game., well, those that are influenced by it and or are being fueled by a competitive nature.

Some players often feel that each and every "unfavorable" thing that comes their way needs to be resolved with some outside force instead of dealing with it on their own (can be applied to people in general). In regard to the case here of respawn times, players can deal with it like everyone else has and eventually will (if they take the questing route). Yea I'm pretty sure some may not mind a rate change but I for one would. Covering a "selfish" suggestion with the cloak of "good for all" does not a good suggestion make.

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

The timers before were pretty much just as high yet no one complained. Players wanted a reinvigorated "hardcore" Lordaeron, now they have it. 1x means slower progression and respawn timers are part of that but there are players that seemingly want to circumvent certain measures to speed their progression. When players continually attack other players slowing their progression where is their "cure all", their "tweaks" to help speed up their progression? These players are continually given inconsiderate suggestions which can be summed up in one statement, "deal with it". Can that suggestion be applied here, I'm pretty sure it can. Are these players wrong for suggesting a change in spawn rates, not necessarily, I just don't agree with it.

12. So any news about this? I heard someone said respawns are increased?

13. Before today's update the mobs respawns were pretty nice but after it increased extremely high to like ~10 mins for greater quest mob/boss.

14. Before today's update the mobs respawns were pretty nice but after it increased extremely high to like ~10 mins for greater quest mob/boss.
    That's great news! Thanks :)

First 12345 ... Last