1. It would have been nice to have a heads-up on this.
    It makes no logical sense to allow Death Knights to be created on Lordaeron due to level 55 characters on ANY of the other realms, all of which are not nearly as restrictive or difficult upon which to level to 55.
    In addition: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?307442
    Check the premium features. It has been there this whole time. Anyone who created a Death Knight on Lordaeron without having leveled to 55 or higher on another character on the realm was exploiting a mistake made by the dev team, and as such, are subject to whatever changes are made to correct the error.

What if I had sent all of my gold and possibly items from other characters to my DK? I would then be broke now, without access to my character.
    https://www.warmane.com/account/services
    We do have a restoration tool here. I'm unsure of what currencies it requires, if any.

2. I understand the principle, and don't argue that. But I'm wondering if all the warmane staff was on the same page with this. I made 2 in-game tickets, as well as had a discussion in the starter zone General chat (while Proterean was in the zone and busy on the chat - he didn't say anything about this though). The responses I received from the GM tickets - the first one didn't actually answer any part of my question (I rquestioned the legitimacy), and the second one stated it was intended.

It would have been nice to have a heads-up on this. What if I had sent all of my gold and possibly items from other characters to my DK? I would then be broke now, without access to my character.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for some kind of special treatment or anything, just stating my experience with this.

On a related note: what will happen to active auctions (and the gold from that) of characters affected by this? Do you basically have 29 days to log in and claim the mail or simply lose it?
    We will look into the accounts that had characters prior to the DK and deleted them. As for the rest, I'm afraid that it was a limitation we have imposed once we released this realm and it's contained in the information thread that we wrote long before the realm was actually released. It was a mishap on our part and that's why the DKs were not deleted, they're simply on stand-by and will be there with all of their stuff once you become eligible for them.

We think this is a pretty fair solution towards everyone, you get to keep the stuff you worked on and still honour the realm features and rules.

3. It makes no logical sense to allow Death Knights to be created on Lordaeron due to level 55 characters on ANY of the other realms, all of which are not nearly as restrictive or difficult upon which to level to 55.
    In addition: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?307442
    Check the premium features. It has been there this whole time. Anyone who created a Death Knight on Lordaeron without having leveled to 55 or higher on another character on the realm was exploiting a mistake made by the dev team, and as such, are subject to whatever changes are made to correct the error.
    I am quite aware of this, that is why I created the tickets in the first place, and I'm not arguing that it should be reverted or anything - in fact I wholeheartedly agree with the steps taken (with the other options being simply deleting the characters, this is a much better alternative). I'm just saying that it would have been nice to know beforehand what the intended changes were. I can't find any announcement (unless I'm looking in the wrong place?) on this, along with the responses I received from the GM's it's a little confusing.

I should reiterate that I agree with this as a solution. It was obviously an unforseen problem and not exactly an easy one to deal with. Perhaps in future (if a similar situation arises) some clearer communication would be helpful?
    Edited: December 14, 2015

4. I am quite aware of this, that is why I created the tickets in the first place, and I'm not arguing that it should be reverted or anything - in fact I wholeheartedly agree with the steps taken (with the other options being simply deleting the characters, this is a much better alternative). I'm just saying that it would have been nice to know beforehand what the intended changes were. I can't find any announcement (unless I'm looking in the wrong place?) on this, along with the responses I received from the GM's it's a little confusing.
    GMs answered to the best of their ability, they were not quite aware of the entire situation as it was developing. It was an on-going discussion on what we should do. We feel like this is the right solution and that's why we acted upon it. As this is not some big news, we did not write an article for the website other than a short announcement in-game.

After all, we have noticed this issue when DKs themselves reported it. If you have any other suggestions that we didn't think of, feel free to pitch in, we're listening as always.

5. Allow created DKs from 12 dec -14 dec period of time this is the best solution.This is acceptable for us, please start thinking a little bit about people who spend their time to level up dks on this two days.

THANK YOU1
    Edited: December 14, 2015

6. oh come on, it's a very reasonable solution, i was expecting a wipe of the 'illegal' dks.
    On the other hand, allowing them to be created was a small, but noticeble and frustrating ****-up. :P

7. Not everyone is aware of the situation. Before creating my dk, I researched forums and rules. Keep in mind that I've played this server for years, being a contributor, I've never had to worry about level requirements to create a dk. Yes, you say this is a Blizzlike Realm, without donor perks, but I don't see Blizzard selling ingame mounts such Red Mechostrider or Whistle of the Emerald Raptor, or most of the items being sold in the Marketplace for coins. When I did go and look at the rules, there were NO SUCH specific rule stating we can NOT create a dk without prior requirements. Only thing that was stated was that with Contributor status, you can bypass the requirements needed to create a dk, which was the CLOSEST thing you get to rules about creating a dk on this entire realm. But nothing for or against it on Lordaeron.

For you to accuse and generalize the population calling all those that did not know about this, such as myself and many others, is pure and outright insulting your clientele.
    Case: If you worked at a local store and sold a pair of $25 boots for the incorrectly labeled price of $5, would you chase after every patron, regardless of whether they paid cash or credit, and force them to return the item or pay the difference after they've already worn the boots for 2 days? Most businesses that makes this mistake simply fixed the price tag and take their losses, since it WASN'T the customer's mistake, it was the employee/employer.

In closing, I will follow the NOW STATED rules and finish leveling my other toon to 55 to unlock my dk. But, in the future, it would be nice to not be accused and generalized as an exploiter when there were no clear rules stated until a few hours ago. Punishment, as Obnoxious so generously stated more than once, isn't called for everyone since as Mercy stated, it was a mistake on the Dev Team. More professionalism and sympathy on your parts. Learn from Proterean.

8. If you researched that much, how did you miss what so many know? It was stated multiple times, by multiple Staff and replicated by multiple players. You even say you knew there would be no donor perks - guess what, creating a Death Knight without the level 55 requirement is a donor perk. It's listed here, in the same thread with the information regarding all donor perks, which includes the fact queue skipping and creating Death Knights without the requirement wouldn't be available on Lordaeron: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2525923

9. Like many before me have stated, when we started playing on the server, we already knew we wouldnt have special privileges on this realm. Even if someone didn't, in my opinion, the way you handled the situation was fair. But then again, we did spend time on those toons in these two days and some of us did have a 55+ character on another realm/realms. You said that, in order to make the dk, we always needed a dk on the realm we were playing on but...well... not all of us knew that. Not to mention having a 55+ on retail means you can create a dk on any server... You might make a case about us lvling up on higher rate realms to create said toon but some of us happened to have characters on an x1 molten...umm, warmane server *moltdown* which we dont have anymore... At this point, I know nothing's going to change, and it doesnt rly make a diffrence, but at least try being a little more understanding. Obnoxious, stop acting high and mighty and read what people are saying instead of clinging to the no donor perks thing :P Lvling up for a couple of days more than we would is literally nothing and if we wanted to level up faster we wouldn't be on lordaeron, we just wanted to play a death knight :3

10. I absolutely agree with Bazanga55 - It was fail from your DEV team, but when u get more money in the shop, then you paid and leave the shop before anybody recognize it - nobody will rush you to your home/work and wanna get money back. Once you made this fail solution was: We are blocking all DKs with no 55other character on the realm.. Well, This is a rather cheap solution for fear of your bugs.

For continue i have question..

You blocked all DKs with no 55character on the realm, but i created another DK and can play on him.? What d fak is it? You will every day restarting server who will be 30 minutes off, like yesterday - because there is DKs with no 55char on the realm?

You made this fail - You let us play currently created DKs and disable this function to the future.. (this is marketing solution in the normal business world)

11. IDK why everyone is acting like special snowflakes.

It was said MANY times that this realm was going to be as close to blizzlike as possible, and there would be no donation perks available on it.

I main a DK, I understood that from the get-go and levelled (and enjoyed TBC content) on my Paladin instead.

To try and plead ignornce to this and hope that you will get your DK without any effort involved if naive and selfish of you..

Now go level to 55, like most of us did.

12. Kemii, noone would have been able to say anything if they had disabled them from the beginning. The thing is, we lost 2 days of lvl up because of something that wasn't our fault(again, it's not just the donation thing, some of us alrdy have lvl 80's on other srvs and the ''blizzlike'' thing to do would be to let us make dks^^). Like i said, I don't really expect them to enable them just like that, and i also think the way they handled it was decent for once, but a heads up would be nice.

13. it wasnt intended that it was enabled.

instead of being butthurt, you couldve had a 55 already

14. Kemii, noone would have been able to say anything if they had disabled them from the beginning. The thing is, we lost 2 days of lvl up because of something that wasn't our fault(again, it's not just the donation thing, some of us alrdy have lvl 80's on other srvs and the ''blizzlike'' thing to do would be to let us make dks^^). Like i said, I don't really expect them to enable them just like that, and i also think the way they handled it was decent for once, but a heads up would be nice.
    |
    |
    V

it wasnt intended that it was enabled.

instead of being butthurt, you couldve had a 55 already
    It was an oversight that got fixed. And it was dealt with. My question is "What made anyone think to even make one without a level 55?" too much old private Server mentality.

15. Kemii, noone would have been able to say anything if they had disabled them from the beginning. The thing is, we lost 2 days of lvl up because of something that wasn't our fault(again, it's not just the donation thing, some of us alrdy have lvl 80's on other srvs and the ''blizzlike'' thing to do would be to let us make dks^^). Like i said, I don't really expect them to enable them just like that, and i also think the way they handled it was decent for once, but a heads up would be nice.
    It was unintended. A bug. Over something that information everywhere on the subject stated that all players would be required a level 55 character on Lordaeron to be able to create a Death Knight. It is in fact "about the donation thing," since never were players able to use characters from another of our servers to do that, they were always required the level 55 in the same server for it.

Let's say that there are players who are new enough to not know all that, but old enough have donated despite not having any perks on Lordaeron; that they knew about Lordaeron's limitations, from experience or from being told, but didn't know about this specific one; that they didn't visit the Forums and in those two days didn't have contact with anyone - friends, guild, group or a channel like global - that commented about that bug. While all that could theoretically happen, the group of people that fit that would be microscopic.

Even then, despite the size of the group, being able to do it was a bug. When a player makes use of a bug to have an advantage they shouldn't, the term is "bug exploiting," whether done maliciously or by complete ignorance. We recently had a player banned for using a quest mount to wreck a bunch of players, something that I can see as being an honest mistake if it was from someone who's brand new to the game or the expansion. Even then, as with any rules in general, ignorance isn't an excuse.

The heads-up was given, many, many times, starting from months ago, when people first started asking if donors would be able to create Death Knights without the requirement, as per the usual donor perks. And even besides that, just take a moment to think, about the server, the rates, the limitations, the design choices. How many players truthfully and sincerely considered that on the case of Death Knights we'd throw out of the window everything Lordaeron has been about since release, by design, and let people simply jump straight up onto a level 55 Death Knight?

First 123