1. Mac 3.3.5a will not start

I downloaded the Wrath of the Lich King (old) client for Mac OS X from www.warmane.com/download and got a folder called "Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)" but opening "World of Warcraft.app" as directed doesn't seem to do anything. I've read several posts in the Technical Guides forum, and I can't tell what is wrong. Here's what I've tried so far:

Attempted to patch and got an error message telling me the client is already patched to 3.3.5.12340.
    Checked realmlist.wtf where I found "set realmlist logon.warmane.com" which is correct as far as I can tell.
    Tried to open Background Downloader and WoW Launcher on a whim. They did nothing, same as WoW.app
    Moved WoW.app into Applications and opened it from there, still nothing.

Can anyone help me?

More details. Not sure if any of this is relevant, but have it anyways:
    The folder contains: Background Downloader.app, World of Warcraft.app, World of Warcraft Launcher.app, Patch.html, and three folders named Data, Interface, and WTF.
    Patch.html is a page that tells me 3.3.5a is a minor bug fix patch. (Pretty sure it's a Blizzard thing)
    Data folder contains several .MPQ files and the enUS folder which has yet more .MPQ files, realmlist.wtf, and assorted html files.
    Interface folder contains AddOns folder, which is full of UI related stuff.
    WTF folder contains Config.wtf, which looks like http://pastebin.com/2cuzigpi
    Attempting to patch gives an error message telling me the client is already patched to 3.3.5.12340.
    realmlist.wtf is correct AFAIK, it only contains "set realmlist logon.warmane.com".

2. Found the answer!

a). Some apps may download fine, but won't open when double-clicked. The problem is that they don't give you permission to execute the file. You can fix this by doing the following:
    1. Right/control click the patch file and select "Show package contents"
    1a. If you see the real patch file now, run that. Otherwise..
    2. Go to /contents/MacOS/ and you should see a file called "installer"
    3. Open Terminal (/applications/utilities)
    4. In terminal, type "chmod 777 " but do not enter (you must be on an administrator's account, also note space after the 777)
    5. Drag the "installer" file to terminal. The path of the file should be entered into terminal.
    6. Press enter in terminal
    7. Open the original patch file

3. I did see this fix before while looking for solutions, but I looked through the permissions on files with Get Info and everything seemed fine. But this solved my problem, thank you!

4. I can't find any folder called "installer" when I go into /contents/MacOS/ ... there is just a text edit titled World of Warcraft.
    Any help you could give me? I know pretty much nothing about macs and am just trying to get this running on my laptop
    Edited: December 17, 2015

5. I got the same problem. There is no file named "installer". Mine says "Launcher" and I could not fix it by using the command in Terminal. Anyone got an idea?

6. For me this worked:
    1. Open a Terminal
    2. Open your "Wolrd of Warcraft" with right click and select the "Show Package Content" option.
    4. Open the Contents/MacOS folder.
    4. Type into your terminal "chmod u+x "(space is important!)
    5. Grab and pull your World of Warcraft from MacOS folder.
    5. The whole command should looks like after this: "chmod u+x /Users/username/Downloads/World\ Of\ Warcraft\ Wotlk\ mac/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft"
    6. Press Enter, if you got no error you can run your World of Warcraft without any problem!

As you see this is a different command than before, and for me it worked.

7. For me this worked:
    1. Open a Terminal
    2. Open your "Wolrd of Warcraft" with right click and select the "Show Package Content" option.
    5. The whole command should looks like after this: "chmod u+x /Users/username/Downloads/World\ Of\ Warcraft\ Wotlk\ mac/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft"
    6. Press Enter, if you got no error you can run your World of Warcraft without any problem!

For me I can't find the World of Warcraft in the MacOS folder in step 5. All I see is the launcher..

EDIT: I'm kind of an *****, sorry. I right-clicked the Launcher instead of the World of Warcraft in the folder I downloaded. It works now, thanks a lot!
    Edited: December 19, 2015

8. For me this worked:
    1. Open a Terminal

Worked great! Thanks a lot

9. Thanks for fix!
    Edited: January 12, 2016

10. Edit: fixed :)
    Edited: April 4, 2016

11. Have the same problem, followed the instructions of slikkepotte4 but at the end when I press enter it says "-bash: /Users/CKlang/Downloads/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft: Permission denied"

I'm guessing permission denied is the message I don't want. Any other solutions?

12. Have the same problem, followed the instructions of slikkepotte4 but at the end when I press enter it says "-bash: /Users/CKlang/Downloads/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft: Permission denied"

I'm guessing permission denied is the message I don't want. Any other solutions?
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2624589

12 Last