1. Is Enhancement Shaman worth playing on WOTLK (PVP)

Hey players of Warmane,

I was wondering if enhancement shaman is worth playing, if i want to play fully pvp. And the most important "arenas". I just want to see some opinions.

Have a nice day!
    Edited: December 20, 2015

2. Enhance shami is more challenging than other specs, thats for sure.
    Many player consider enh as weak but when u know how to master it u can go pretty high in arena.
    For 3s I would roll beastcleave (enh/BM/Hpala) and for 2s enh+Hpala.

In general after reaching the hit cap stat priority is AP>haste>crit>arp.
    For 2s its worth to get additional arp when u face plate enemys like Warr+Hpala.

Its also worth to mention that enh is really good in 1v1. There is no hard counter so its possible to beat every class.
    On the other hand enh is terrible bad for BGs so if thats ur focus then I would roll something else.
    Edited: December 21, 2015

3. Enhance shami is more challenging than other specs, thats for sure.
    Many player consider enh as weak but when u know how to master it u can go pretty high in arena.
    For 3s I would roll beastcleave (enh/BM/Hpala) and for 2s enh+Hpala.

In general after reaching the hit cap stat priority is AP>haste>crit>arp.
    For 2s its worth to get additional arp when u face plate enemys like Warr+Hpala.

Its also worth to mention that enh is really good in 1v1. There is no hard counter so its possible to beat every class.
    On the other hand enh is terrible bad for BGs so if thats ur focus then I would roll something else.
    Thanks for your reply, it is very usefull!!

4. There are hard counters: Warrior, Unh Dk, anyhow enh sure is viable but it takes skill and it's quite bugged on on wotlk realms, it works well on Blackrock even tho Blackrock has custom scripts, and idk about Loarderon. All in all if you gonna play it don't expect free passes, there's quite a few things to master before being able to play enh. It is fun tho, but it takes more commitment than other classes if you want it to become fun. Oh ye if you're playing on Blackrock warriors and dks should be easy aswel 1v1.
    Edited: January 1, 2016

5. There are hard counters: Warrior, Unh Dk, anyhow enh sure is viable but it takes skill and it's quite bugged on on wotlk realms, it works well on Blackrock even tho Blackrock has custom scripts, and idk about Loarderon. All in all if you gonna play it don't expect free passes, there's quite a few things to master before being able to play enh. It is fun tho, but it takes more commitment than other classes if you want it to become fun. Oh ye if you're playing on Blackrock warriors and dks should be easy aswel 1v1.
    I wouldnt say warrior and uh dk are hardcounter. They are just more challening.
    To avoid the Warrior dmg its necessary to kite him in his dead zone by staying close to him but still out of melee range so the warr cant attack nor charge.
    Its not easy to manage this but its possible by using earthbind totem, frost shock and trinket on fear.

When it comes to UH dk they are really hard to beat because they have high dmg output and strong healing with deathstrike.
    I watched some skilled enh shamis fighting against DK and the fight last really long because both are constanly healing themself up by using deathstrike and healing wave.
    It might be worth to stack haste and use 5 points in improved healing wave when fighting against dk so healing wave can be frequently used.

6. Yeah i agree, but the problem with warriors is that you gotta dead zone kite his Bladestorm, Retaliation, Block, Even Wall, skilled warriors aint gonna make it easy, the whole duel is basically about wasting his cools. About the dks yep i've noticed that haste does come in handy but i preffer ap with just a little bit of haste as it's overall better and aint no body got 2 sets unless you play on AT.

7. As a previous Gladiator and overall experience of +2700 (On Live Retail back at 7+80) + being +2300 exp'd as Enha, you must remember to have aproxx 70 spell pen in order for purge + hex etc. to work properly (and shocks in general) - So they won't be resisted (this is often forgotten!)

Yes, I'd say it is very viable, and I do plan to play it myself - However, Enha is prob one of the highest skill capped classes/specs in WoW and it takes a great deal of training and dedication - This was for sure the class that caused me the most trouble, but the one I enjoy to play the most.

As of Molten, The major problem at the moment is that you cannot control the pet stun yet - I've tried to disable it plenty of times to prevail it from stunning right away when I summon them - once this is fixed, it shouldn't be a major problem.
    Warr + DK will outdamage you in any fight, but with the right mindset + skill you'll eventually defeat most teams.

2v2: I Played Enha+Rogue (intent to do so again)
    3v3: BeastCleave or TSG With A Twist (Enha instead of DK)(also known as Turbo-Cleave if I remember correctly) Or go Enha+Rogue+Priest - Quite Viable too

8. The pet stun will never get fixed because it doesn't work on arena tournament ether so nobody gives a ****, besides that there are few major bugs such as fear not being removed from pets while you got tremor up which is really annoying vs priests and makes warriors even harder to beat, mage firefrost debuff isn't being removed by Spirit Walk < this was bugged before for freedom, masters call, they fixed it but no one seem to care about enha so it got left out and is still bugged, other than that there's this extra squishines on Rag and Dw.

9. Pet stun being on autocast is supposedly blizzlike wotlk and intended. A dev on arena-tournament said that a few years ago. I wouldn't know, I only actively started to play enhance in cata and there it was working properly.

Even /petautocastoff Bash macro is broken. It toggles it off, but it doesn't actually turn it off. This might actually be a bug and would be interesting to hear a response from a dev. The only way to deal with it atm is to cast Feral Spirit while still at range and use /click PetActionButton4 RightButton macro to turn it off. I'm looking into improvements via an addon, I'll post something once I know more.
    Edited: January 7, 2016

10. This is the best way I could come up with to control the dumb bash. Let me know if anyone has better ideas.

#showtooltip
    /stopattack
    /cast Feral Spirit
    /petpassive
    /petfollow
    /petautocaston Bash
    /click PetActionButton4 RightButton

11. It actually isn't blizzlike, the bash should work exactly like dk's gnaw.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z782OeoK7BQ
    -skip to 2:00 he summons feral spirits, bash aint on autocast
    -skip to 2:20 around this time he uses the bash
    -this is one of the most famous enhancement shamans in world and this is in fact 3.3.5a patch, s8, retail, nobody can argue with that. So yeh.

12. It seems so yeah, I checked out some of the old Flexx' videos and he'd always summon it on /autocastoff.

But holy crap were opponents bad in diablous' video.

13. I made a bugreport, but I wonder if and when they'll get around to fixing it. This makes me wonder though: http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...2c4c72b02e5a33

14. On ragnaros for pvp enh is bad choice coz alot of hight geared plate and hunters. Its will be painfull. Dont know about other servers...

15. It seems so yeah, I checked out some of the old Flexx' videos and he'd always summon it on /autocastoff.

But holy crap were opponents bad in diablous' video.
    It's been years since that video, retail glads at that time weren't exactly 'AT at its brightest r1 material'

12 Last