1. Multiboxer detected :)
    I agree with him (From someone who does not multibox).

We should not blame the muliboxers as long as warmane allow it.

2. Can people really stop with the whole multiboxers blaming? I'm not one, have done with 2 toons only (alt-tab like a noob) and liked it.

But if you take into account the amount of people playing the game vs. multiboxers... OH WAIT.. we CANT tell how many people multibox, it could be 10 or 100 or 5000 client being multiboxed. Best option would be have a kick for inactivy within 5 mins of auto away.

3. Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't receive coins for your donations to the server? You think that you deserve some sort of... double reward?
    As much as I hate donation, I think there should be a "subscription mode" that does not reward you with coins, instead gives you a premium account to skip queues (i'm not sure if the wow license even allows you to do that tbh)

4. As much as I hate donation, I think there should be a "subscription mode" that does not reward you with coins, instead gives you a premium account to skip queues (i'm not sure if the wow license even allows you to do that tbh)
    It doesn't.

It's not that I don't understand the sentiment, but that turns donations from something that feels like something that we do w/ a tiny incentive attached (you can't really get too many awesome things on Lord, mostly mounts and non-Heroic gear) into something that many players might feel railroaded into.

"Pay us if you don't want to sit in a queue for an hour every time you want to play or get dc'd". That's not really cool, in my book. It sounds like borderline extortion.

Instead, I'd rather they focused their attentions on making people want to donate, not making them feel forced to or just go play on another server.

Lord is a good server. Keep it that way and people will continue to donate to keep keeping it that way. :P
    Edited: December 22, 2015 Reason: Grammar.

5. I think several individuals in this thread really underestimate how much strain ten thousand separate connections at a time can put on a server, no matter how good the hardware. Think of how much bandwith that already is.

I think you'll need to consider the realities at play here. Ten thousand is already an awful lot of connections and just because you don't want to sit in queue (like everybody else does, mind) does not mean they should bend over backwards or jeopardize stability to please you. The worst case scenario would be that the experience goes bad for everyone, not just a single person and nobody is that stupid to throw away stability just to please a few more individuals. I get that queues at peak times are a pain to deal with if you want to get to play fast, but you'll have to cope with it. They've already gradually increased the cap to double from what it was at initial release and if stability allows, I don't see why they wouldn't increase it more over time.

I think it's worth mentioning that retail servers that are (were?) considered high population, had around that number at their most. They've merged a lot now, because even retail servers don't manage to reach those numbers consistently and it is a precaution to prevent ghost town servers which already existed as early as in TBC.

You need to trust that these people know what they're doing, more so than you. Especially the OP, who has in my view offered very little insight on "how servers really work".

6. @Effigyy - sorry but bandwith usage of wow client<->server even for 10k players is just lol for any serious host.
    enable some kind of monitor and check you download while playing WoW - multiple it x10000... still way below 100Mbps

7. @Effigyy - sorry but bandwith usage of wow client<->server even for 10k players is just lol for any serious host.
    enable some kind of monitor and check you download while playing WoW - multiple it x10000... still way below 100Mbps
    Download/Upload speed isn't everything.
    There's tons of processes running, requests being sent, requests getting answered, etc. (can't think after I've just woken up), all at once.

8. let's say 500 character slots (x5 each by 100 players) out of 9k/10k were in use, this has what to do with the hundreds/thousands of players logging in and out, disconnecting, etc throughout the day? Even if those 100 multi-boxers totaling 500 slots stayed online a majority of the day daily the other remaining slots are swapped out pretty much ALL the time. Trying to pin high queues on multi-boxers is pretty silly.
    500 slots being used multi-boxers is a gross exaggeration. I'm willing to bet the number of population slots used by AFK characters or clients at the character select screen pretty much totals more than the amount of multi-boxers online at any given time, a LOT more.

10k is a pretty sizable amount of players. From what I have seen "peak time" doesn't last that long (a few hours). After peak time passes queues fade away. Adjusting the time one plays can result in not experiencing a wait.

9. We need to wait until Lordaerons core is applied to Deathwing and Ragnaros.
    In the past the majoruty of the Molten community always prefered to play on the realm with the higher XP rates.
    If deathwing and ragnaros merge and the new core is applied then the chance is there that many newcomers and veterans gonna switch to deathwing/ragnaros realm.

Maybe in the end we will have over 10k ppl on deathwing/ragnaros and a population drop on lordaeron.

10. We need to wait until Lordaerons core is applied to Deathwing and Ragnaros.
    In the past the majoruty of the Molten community always prefered to play on the realm with the higher XP rates.
    If deathwing and ragnaros merge and the new core is applied then the chance is there that many newcomers and veterans gonna switch to deathwing/ragnaros realm.

Maybe in the end we will have over 10k ppl on deathwing/ragnaros and a population drop on lordaeron.
    I really doubt that since most people prob have invested time and energy into their chars on Lord so they won't bother starting over again just for a faster leveling experience. But i might be wrong!

11. I really doubt that since most people prob have invested time and energy into their chars on Lord so they won't bother starting over again just for a faster leveling experience. But i might be wrong!
    Raises hand :)
    I did not invest a terrible lot of time, but I can imagine quite a few people will feel like: oh well, when I level so much faster I don't lose alot of time anyway.
    I would not mind it however, that most players will stay at lordaeron :) even if we get 4k it would be really nice already.

12. @Effigyy - sorry but bandwith usage of wow client<->server even for 10k players is just lol for any serious host.

Download/Upload speed isn't everything.
    There's tons of processes running, requests being sent, requests getting answered, etc. (can't think after I've just woken up), all at once.
    That.

Literally every single connection that is up at a given time keeps receiving and sending requests to and from the server at all times. Every time you move a character, it simultaneously communicates from you to the server and back, and everyone within your vicinity as well. You multiply that ten thousand times with a literal ton of variables and the strain is reality. It isn't as simple as having a big upload and download speed. You're simplifying it in your mind by a whole lot. That's not really how server infastructure works, but thanks for shedding light on your expertise, or lack thereof.

13. I really doubt that since most people prob have invested time and energy into their chars on Lord so they won't bother starting over again just for a faster leveling experience. But i might be wrong!
    I dont know how many new ppl joined lordaeron in the previous weeks. The chance is there that some of them get tired of the slow leveling.
    Also many veterans that have a char on deathwing and ragnaros may return when the new core is applied.
    In addition there are always these ppl that prefer high rates and pay2win and molten used to have a lot of them.

Ideal solution would be if we have two realms with a 10k population in the end.
    My assumption is that Lordaeron gonna be more pve oriented while deathwing/ragnaros gonna have more pvper. Cant wait to experience the 3s activity if/when deathwing and ragnaros merge...
    Edited: December 22, 2015

14. I dont know how many new ppl joined lordaeron in the previous weeks. The chance is there that some of them get tired of the slow leveling.
    Also many veterans that have a char on deathwing and ragnaros may return when the new core is applied.
    In addition there are always these ppl that prefer high rates and pay2win and molten used to have a lot of them.

Ideal solution would be if we have two realms with a 10k population in the end.
    If the server stability lately is any indicator, I'd much rather they be smaller realms in the end.

The game begins to become unplayable frequently at the current pop here on Lord, and that's not even mentioning the numerous dcs throughout the day that require sitting through multiple 30 min - 1 hour long queues if you want to play here.

15. Do not allow multi-boxing and kick those AFK at log in screen... queue disappeared for ever.

First 12345 ... Last