1. @tmdfy If people would get disconnected faster the queue wouldnt be 800+. Unless of course the server grows even more.

Mabye they should start considering starting a new realm (if possible).
    Edited: December 22, 2015

2. So you rather have 5 man multibox bots farming dungeons instead of some innocent players not wanting to wait 3 or more x 800+ ppl queues? Nice staff members we got right here.
    If I have to choose between a multiboxer actually in game and playing and someone whining because they're stuck in the line after being disconnected while not even picking a character to play? Yes, I'll pick the one playing.

3. Retail WoW will boot you from the character select screen after a certain amount of time (I believe it's 15 mins).

I'm surprised that something like that isn't already implemented here.

15 mins seems like more than enough time to finish whatever the heck you were doing while waiting for the queue and get into the game.

4. How exactly do you know when someone is afk on the login screen?
    May be possible to check for server action, I believe when you just sit at the login screen data is not being sent to or received from the server until you select a character and login.

Mabye you could make multiboxing not allowed? I know it was allowed on retail but there is a big difference since you needed too actually pay for the accounts. Here anyone can bring 5 characters and multibox, it looks wierd, annyoing as hell if you get ganked.
    So you want to dictate how others plays for free when you in fact play for free as well? Smh. BTW, not all multi-boxers are PvP oriented.

5. How exactly do you know when someone is afk on the login screen? Better yet, who the hell sits at their computer the whole time while waiting in queue?
    Simple. Each time the executable is loaded, described as a session. If input is null for n minutes, then prompt user to extend their session by 20 minutes.

A working example is: after 15 minutes of the mouse not moving in the session, prompt a countdown timer of 20 minutes. The user must click extend to remove the 20 minute timer. After 20 minutes, they will be removed from the queue if no activity is present.

The constraint of this system: if the user has alt tabbed their screen, and are moving their mouse, then the game will still regard this as inactivity since it isn't within the bounds of the session. To counter this, when the 20 minute timer for inactivity has started, it notifies the OS, which will prompt the user to perform some movement and extend their session in the queue.

6. How I didn't find this thread earlier?!
    Replies on first page are pure gold lol

7. will they have to lower the population in order to enable wintergrasp?

8. Given the WotLk content is still new and more is still coming, I strongly suggest opening another server while it's still early. With this population I expect between 10k and 12k population which is just a LOT of people into one realm. Having two realms with 5-6k is plenty of players, no lag at all & longterm stability. Also it can be a way of competition, cross dungeons, etc...
    It's just a point of view.

9. Given the WotLk content is still new and more is still coming, I strongly suggest opening another server while it's still early. With this population I expect between 10k and 12k population which is just a LOT of people into one realm. Having two realms with 5-6k is plenty of players, no lag at all & longterm stability. Also it can be a way of competition, cross dungeons, etc... It's just a point of view.
    I think the original plan was to make Rag and Dw having the same core, so people could transfer from Lordaeron to those two (not the inverse), but considering the ever growing population it may be too long to wait. This will most likely be considered.

10. I think the original plan was to make Rag and Dw having the same core, so people could transfer from Lordaeron to those two (not the inverse), but considering the ever growing population it may be too long to wait. This will most likely be considered.
    I don't know about you, but I sure as hell would never transfer an 80 character from 1x Lord to Rag or Dw... why would someone do that even if the content for Lord was caught up?

11. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell would never transfer an 80 character from 1x Lord to Rag or Dw... why would someone do that even if the content for Lord was caught up?
    To join up with friends who stayed there? To join up with people who will start later and don't want to level from scratch on x1 rates? To get a different community, maybe different PvP level? To have full donor benefits active?

12. To join up with friends who stayed there? To join up with people who will start later and don't want to level from scratch on x1 rates? To get a different community, maybe different PvP level? To have full donor benefits active?
    What I mean is, I personally wouldn't want to spend a ton of time leveling 1x rate only to transfer to a higher rate.
    It would make more sense to me to just create a new toon.

13. What I mean is, I personally wouldn't want to spend a ton of time leveling 1x rate only to transfer to a higher rate.
    It would make more sense to me to just create a new toon.
    Yes, you made it clear that you wouldn't do it. But you also wondered why would someone do that, and I gave you just a few random reasons people might have. After all, if the content is the same and you're already leveled up, why would the server you're in matter? People start weighting the company more at that point.

14. Yes, you made it clear that you wouldn't do it. But you also wondered why would someone do that, and I gave you just a few random reasons people might have. After all, if the content is the same and you're already leveled up, why would the server you're in matter? People start weighting the company more at that point.
    Those are in fact good reasons as to why someone might choose to play on Deathwing/Ragnaros.

I can create a character on Rag that exactly matches any character I could possibly have on Lord within seconds... I have absolutely 0 incentive to remove a leveled toon from the 1x community if I want to play with the instant 80 community.

I'm just trying to poke holes in the original plan/idea that opening up such transfers would be an effective means to redistribute Lord's population alone.
    Edited: December 23, 2015

15. so if something IRL happen and i have to go AFK for 5 or 10 mins i have to be kicked from the game and wait 1 hour in queue?i dont think that make much sense.
    And disallowing people to mutlibox is much sense? At least they are playing... while afk people are not.

First ... 3456 Last