1. PVE Raiding Team

Hi,

I would like to multibox raids (25 mans) and heroic dungeons on Deathwing (or Neltharion) I already did it before with easy teams compositions (DKs, Paladins) but this time I would like to play with a cool composition, which won't be boring like my old PVE teams.

I thought of a mixed team like :
    5x Arcane Mage
    5x Moonkin Druid
    4x Resto Shaman & 1x Elemental
    5x Affliction Lock
    3x Paladin (1 protection, 1 holy, 1 ret)
    1x Feral Druid
    1x Unholy DK

I don't know if it is viable, and if it is possible to raid with that team.

So I've some questions before i start.
    1) Tell me what you think about it, what do you recommand me to change.
    2) Which is the best realm to multibox, Deathwing or Neltharion. (I think Neltharion looks a bit sick and dead actually).

2. What raids are you expecting to beat?

3. Well, deathwing or neltharion is a huge difference because one realm is wotlk and the other is cata.
    Im not very experienced when it comes to raiding on cata so ill only talk about wotlk.
    So I've some questions before i start.
    1) Tell me what you think about it, what do you recommand me to change.
    If ur goal is to really raid ICC 25 one day than u need classes which can be multiboxed to full potential.

Mage: Arcane mages have a easy rotation and can be multiboxed to full potential.
    However in high end gear pretty much every mage switch to fire or frostfire because it pulls significant more dps.
    I dont see how its possible to master the instant pyro procs so I doubt that its possible to multibox fire mages to full potential.

Moonkin: Its impossible to perfectly master the eclipse proc as multiboxer. I would stay away of moonkins.

Affliction Lock: Affliction has a very complex rotation which involves shadow trance procs for instant shadow bolts. I dont think its possible to perfectly master their damage rotation.
    I would rather multibox demo or destro locks because their rotation is much easier and they pull anyway more dps.

In general ur team is missing strong damage dealer.
    U definitely need to add MM hunter and shadow priests.
    Both classes can be multiboxed to full potential and pull the highest dps.
    Also, u are mixing mdps and rdps which can make things very complicated.
    Might be better to have only rdps so nobody beside the tank stays close to the boss.

I would change the setup completely:
    Tank: Prot pala and Blood DK
    Tank healer: 2 holy pala
    Raid healer: 1 resto dudu, 1 resto shami, 1 disc priest
    Rdps: 1 demo lock, 1 arcane mage, 8 MM hunter, 8 Shadow priest
    Mdps: None

With such a setup u would have pretty much every raid buff except +20% melee haste and +5% physical crit.

4. What raids are you expecting to beat?
    For now I plan to do VoA and OS if I play on WotLK, I don't know about Cataclysm.

Well, deathwing or neltharion is a huge difference because one realm is wotlk and the other is cata.
    Im not very experienced when it comes to raiding on cata so ill only talk about wotlk.

If ur goal is to really raid ICC 25 one day than u need classes which can be multiboxed to full potential.

Mage: Arcane mages have a easy rotation and can be multiboxed to full potential.
    However in high end gear pretty much every mage switch to fire or frostfire because it pulls significant more dps.
    I dont see how its possible to master the instant pyro procs so I doubt that its possible to multibox fire mages to full potential.

Moonkin: Its impossible to perfectly master the eclipse proc as multiboxer. I would stay away of moonkins.

Affliction Lock: Affliction has a very complex rotation which involves shadow trance procs for instant shadow bolts. I dont think its possible to perfectly master their damage rotation.
    I would rather multibox demo or destro locks because their rotation is much easier and they pull anyway more dps.

In general ur team is missing strong damage dealer.
    U definitely need to add MM hunter and shadow priests.
    Both classes can be multiboxed to full potential and pull the highest dps.
    Also, u are mixing mdps and rdps which can make things very complicated.
    Might be better to have only rdps so nobody beside the tank stays close to the boss.

I would change the setup completely:
    Tank: Prot pala and Blood DK
    Tank healer: 2 holy pala
    Raid healer: 1 resto dudu, 1 resto shami, 1 disc priest
    Rdps: 1 demo lock, 1 arcane mage, 8 MM hunter, 8 Shadow priest
    Mdps: None

With such a setup u would have pretty much every raid buff except +20% melee haste and +5% physical crit.
    Thank you for that dude, that's helpful.

5. cant see this srsly
    Only one demo lock is required to provide the raid with buffs.
    I dont see the point to add a affli lock to the team who has a terrible complicated rotation and doesnt provide unique buff.
    MM hunter and Spriest are easier to control and pull more dps.
    Edited: December 22, 2015

6. OS25 can be done with only 3 players (have multiboxed it with 5 easily, and done OS25 with 3D using ten chars).

I don't think class/spec choices will matter much for OS or VoA 25 since they are so easy. If you plan to do ToC, ICC or RS25 then I don't think your current choices will work very well.

Depends a lot on your skill and how well you can manage multiple classes.

My ideal 25man raid setup would be:

Tanks - 1x Prot Paladin and 1x Unholy DK. Sometimes changing depending on the fight.
    Healers - 1x Disc Priest, 1x Resto Druid, 1x Resto Shaman, 1x Holy Paladin.
    RDPS - 1x Demo Warlock, 1x Arcane Mage, 17x Shadow Priests.

Sometimes swapping 5/10x Shadow Priests for 5/10x Ret Paladins on some fights.

The increased disease damage from an Unholy DK will drastically increase the raid DPS if using 17 Shadow Priests and raid healing will be so much easier.

I will say again that it depends on what bosses you plan to fight and your ability to manage multiple rotations. You can add in a few Balance Druids, Destruction Warlocks or Fire Mages if you want it to be more challenging.

7. The increased disease damage from an Unholy DK will drastically increase the raid DPS if using 17 Shadow Priests and raid healing will be so much easier.
    Ebon plague increase the disease dmg for the whole raid by 30%? Thought its just for the dk.

Edit.
    Just tested it and ebon plague really increase the raid wide disease dmg by 30%.
    At least it does on Blackrock.
    Quite overpowered...
    Edited: December 22, 2015

8. Thank you for all your advices, I'll start on the kalvindeane's composition on Deathwing.

9. Ebon plague increase the disease dmg for the whole raid by 30%? Thought its just for the dk.
    Edit.
    Just tested it and ebon plague really increase the raid wide disease dmg by 30%.
    At least it does on Blackrock.
    Quite overpowered...
    Pre moltdown this used to stack, my 20 DKs their dots ticked for 9-10k. Now that was overpowered.