1. Insane lag spikes

Playing from Canada. Friends near me don't experience this and only hit about 100-150ms latency. I'm playing wotlk old on Lordareon

I'll log in, it's all good and then at some point it will lag in and out. Eventually it will hit liek 800, 7000ms ping etc. I have no idea why this is happening as we're all living in the same area. My internet works totally fine outside of the WoW client. I've made sure to port forward WoW and allow it through my windows firewall. No other private servers do this when I change the realmlist (also I don't have the incorrect realmlist obviously as i'm able to log on before I experience the massive lag spikes).

Please help, makes the game pretty much unplayable and super unenjoyable. I don't think anyone else has this problem.

2. This is very likely caused by one of your addons going berzerk. When it happens again log out, disable all addons and try again. If that solves your lag try reenabeling your addones one by one to find the one going crazy.