1. May 29, 2018  

2. Thanks very complete guide.

I have a question for 3s comp: Does hpal/DK/Shamelem work?
    I'm not trying to play the best comp but i d'ont know if this comp is trash or can be played.

3. Hi,

Sorry for this noob question. If Shadowmourne is not obtainable, which of these is the best to use in PVP? Wrathful Gladiator's Sunderer or Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter (HC)?

4. What are the best talents to replace for On a Pale Horse without sacrificing burst? I know it's not the best in arenas, but it's such a good QoL talent in world and bgs. I'm on the fence in putting 0/1/2 in Epidemic/Unholy Command/Dirge/Wandering Plague.

5. What are the best talents to replace for On a Pale Horse without sacrificing burst? I know it's not the best in arenas, but it's such a good QoL talent in world and bgs. I'm on the fence in putting 0/1/2 in Epidemic/Unholy Command/Dirge/Wandering Plague.
    Impurity 3/5

6. Yeah, cause 2 points are like 200-250 extra dmg for the DC, 20 for diseases etc. and taking points from epidemic is not worth it imo, while taking pts from unholy command over impurity is plain ******ed.

7. 200-250 is arround 5-10% dmg on each DC u do... Doubt its worth it considering its top dmg done by udk in pvp.
    Epidemic is 1 more tick, IF you dont have to do Chains of Ice more than once every 21sec, and Impurity will make up for that DMG anyway. And with Imp Unholy Presence 1/2 fits perfectly if u use runes constantly.
    Unholy Command is a situational talents and is mainly worth to be taken if you are playing with a Disc, or 3s.
    He is talking about BGs or World PvP where both Epidemic and UC dont play almost any role.
    Taking a lot from your top tier dmg spell is more "plain ******ed".

8. 200-250 is arround 5-10% dmg on each DC u do... Doubt its worth it considering its top dmg done by udk in pvp.
    Epidemic is 1 more tick, IF you dont have to do Chains of Ice more than once every 21sec, and Impurity will make up for that DMG anyway. And with Imp Unholy Presence 1/2 fits perfectly if u use runes constantly.
    Unholy Command is a situational talents and is mainly worth to be taken if you are playing with a Disc, or 3s.
    He is talking about BGs or World PvP where both Epidemic and UC dont play almost any role.
    Taking a lot from your top tier dmg spell is more "plain ******ed".
    Thats a pve way to think. In pvp youre constantly kited, sometimes you cant use your runes constantly. Also with Reaping, which for some unknown reason everyone loves skipping for wandering plague lolz, if you 3xSS/DS and have 1 pt in epidemic, then you have like a 1 sec or so window to refresh the diseases. Also when when talking pvp, its often unpredictable - lets say DG is on a cd and a hunter is stomping you from far away, 1 pt in unholy command could mean you ether pull him to you, or he gets 5 secs, during which he can silence shot you etc and change the outcome of the fight. Thats why imo situational talents outperform plain damage talents.
    Its like that 1% spell reflect meta vs 3% crit damage increase. Sure, the extra damage is good, but reflecting a poly (even if the chance is ridiculously small, it happened to me) was a lot more game breaking. And btw retail glad dks even went as far as 1/5 Impurity, taking points for corpse explo, pale horse, chill of the grave or whatever. But in my opinion pale horse is worth it only if you`re an orc, along with the stun reduction meta aswell. Oh yeah, and bgs for the mount speed.

Edit: Impurity doesnt increase spell damage by %, but the attack power modifier of the spell.
    Edited: October 23, 2018

9. Damage is damage in both PvP and PvE.
    I did test it myself tho and 1/5 Impurity is 63 dmg without double DV proc, 82 dmg with double DV proc, so 2/5 would be 126/164 dmg decrease per Death Coil. So i guess 1 point could be taken out of it...
    When it comes to Epidemic, again, if you have Improved Unholy Presence talent, there is no need for you to take 2/2, since if you are on the target 24/7, you will eather refresh diseases at 18th sec or you will lose them for next 5sec (this is with Reaping 3/3 aswell as without it).
    Now, if you are getting kited as an UNHOLY DK, you need to get better at the game. UDK is the only class that has a 95% slow without DR on it, so please, that is not something one can use in an argument.
    But, lets say you are getting kited, and in order to not get kited you will probably need to use Chains of Ice, and Plague Strike after, which again makes 2/2 Epidemic useless cos you will refresh diseases before they run out completely. The only reason for one to take Epidemic is if he is constantly getting that last proc, which u wont when it comes to PvP.
    As for Death Grip, there is no way that 5sec shorter CD will save you against a hunter and his kiting power. Im not saying Unholy Command is useless and shouldnt be maxed out, but for RBG and World PvP, those 5sec wont matter most of the time.
    As for Reaping, i personaly dont like it duo to how low Scourge Strike DMG is. You can use those talents to max out Unholy Command and Pale Horse and dont feel a thing dmg wise.

I doubt anyone took less points in Impurity for those talents, since there are lot of other options u can chose instead.

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...GIzbdgfzzbucqo Something
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...GI0bdTfuzbucqo Reaping
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...GI0bdTfzzbuIqo Wandering Plague

10. Yeah, if going for CE etc I'd take a point out of Impurity, really that damage isn't that much of a loss at all.
    A very skilled ret or a frost mage can kite you hard as hell, even as a dk.
    Reaping is great cause you can 3xDs for the heals, spam more CoI or use BS/AMZ etc without screwing up your runes. It's basically rune flexibility.

11. Yea, i guess i was looking from a hard "PvE must use all recourses to maximise dmg" logic when it comes to Impurity and Reaping.
    4/5 Impirity wont hurt you since to kill someome you need to chain CC in arena (world and rbgs wont matter), and for Reaping it is usefull to have more choices with those runes every 2nd rotation than just BS, BB and Pesti (im still not sure if its 3 talent points usefull and combining it with OaPH is kinda too much utility from my pov).
    Getting kited works in favor of 1/2 rather than 2/2 Epidemic since your slows apply diseases. Thats atleast how i see it...

Edit:
    At this point 1/5 in Desolation might be better than that last point in Impurity since its 1% for overall dmg minus 2% dmg on Death Coil and Diseases... eksdi
    Edited: October 24, 2018

First ... 41213141516 ... Last