1. This is why I said in duel section, better avoid blood DK's but if you play frost pres, proper kite and DS spam and it will be quite endless duel. Also Thank you.

It's from last weekend when 1v1 was on Deathwing,kite doesnt work xd i mean if he is good and has 5/5 thougnes or how is the talent called,the final was best in 2/3 i won both,but... took me like 15 mins first fight and 20 mins second one lol,i was mad a little bit. Xd
    He was unholy/blood specced with mark and rune 3/3 and around 1300 resil(dunno what was he thinking) i am just trying to explain that blood>frost>unholy in duels,but only if highly skilled and bis blood will beat other unholy or frost,because just like you said proper kite and unholy wins any blood. I haven't participated in a endless duel yet,except a 30 mins on 1v1 event on blackrock pala(he was glad) finally dementia did the job.
    Dk indeed i think is the only class that all 3 specs are viable everywhere,even in arenas at high rating.

P.S they still need to fix blood,both in terms of pvp and pve aswell as unholy pets scalling,is working but not at full 100%,since frost and thassarian talent got fixed now i can finally beat a frost dk in melee range as unholy.
    Edited: April 10, 2016

2. It's from last weekend when 1v1 was on Deathwing,kite doesnt work xd i mean if he is good and has 5/5 thougnes or how is the talent called,the final was best in 2/3 i won both,but... took me like 15 mins first fight and 20 mins second one lol,i was mad a little bit. Xd
    He was unholy/blood specced with mark and rune 3/3 and around 1300 resil(dunno what was he thinking) i am just trying to explain that blood>frost>unholy in duels,but only if highly skilled and bis blood will beat other unholy or frost,because just like you said proper kite and unholy wins any blood. I haven't participated in a endless duel yet,except a 30 mins on 1v1 event on blackrock pala(he was glad) finally dementia did the job.
    Dk indeed i think is the only class that all 3 specs are viable everywhere,even in arenas at high rating.

P.S they still need to fix blood,both in terms of pvp and pve aswell as unholy pets scalling,is working but not at full 100%,since frost and thassarian talent got fixed now i can finally beat a frost dk in melee range as unholy.
    Well blood yeah I simply try to avoid dueling them, not really thing you want to duel as unholy dk. But other than that yes you can pretty much make your own DK spec that fits you more and see what happens.

3. Cool guide even if i found u use a lot of Oneanother's arena tips :)
    He really is one of the best dk's out there, I think actually I was watching his videos long long time ago and some tips might be at some points same ye.

4. hello 3.3.5 pls this is death knight groul bugg wote http://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/21606
    Well, the only way not to get it bugged like that is not use spells when they are on gcd while you use ghoul. For example you use Death Pact and in the same time spam something else, 90% it will bug out and will result in you having no pet after that.

5. May 21, 2016  

6. May 21, 2016  
    Its a good guide but really, explain these two to me:
    1 Reaping - Why does every dk skip this/put only a few points here. I dont get it, really. Blood runes suck, you can only Blood strike, pestilence, strangulate, blood boil and dnd with em. Pretty much this. But if you get the death runes you can add some high rune flexibility. Like getting more chains, getting more DS or SS, doing a Pestilence for disease refresh + Bone Shield with the other death rune etc... Its a got great benefits even in duel situations, otherwise youd have to sacrifice a Death Strike, or use Blood Tap. Yet most dks skip reaping. Why? Is some 20% fear/stun reduction better? Or some more haste for the pet? No.
    2 Icy reach - Why would you skip this anyway? What happens if you need to peel a target that is more than 20 yards away? Why not remove 2 pts from Icy talons and cap this talent instead?

As I said before, corpse explosion glyph does NOT work for the ghoul explosion, only on the ability itself. Its how its supposed to be.

7. May 21, 2016  
    1 Reaping
    2 Icy reach
    Privet komrad.

To your first point: u want 3 points in Reaping? Where do u take the points away? From 15 % increased Deathcoil Dmg with lower gear? Or from a 30 % doing Extra Dmg with Autoattacks from BcB with later Gear? (end ulduar - beginning/mid ToC-Gear).

Reaping becomes interesting with very late ICC gear and somewhat ~800 ArP on your Gear (to the plebs: ArP on Unholy is a nice stat tho. Even with BiS ICC gear u could run with ArP-Gems on UH and doing more DMG on Singletarget Encounters than with STR-Gems).

To your second question: Why would u even spend 2 Points in Icy Reach? Same question: What points will u take away for it? 4 % less Frost AND Shadow Dmg? Or like u say, u will loss 8 % Meleehaste for a Range-Increase that u will never need? If u run away from a Boss, and yeah that happens, u never will run that far away, that Icy Reach becomes a Benefit.

Hope i could clarify some things :)

8. May 21, 2016  
    Ey, thanks for the comment. Im talking about pvp here, however. You dont get BCB or Necrosis etc for pvp, so you get enuff pts for Rapin.
    And yeah, I agree its not really a great talent for Pve, but its arena and duels im talking about here.

9. May 21, 2016  
    Ah ****. Guess its my fault. i read PvE not PvP. Sorry :D

10. May 21, 2016  
    1 Reaping - Why does every dk skip this/put only a few points here. I dont get it, really. Blood runes suck, you can only Blood strike, pestilence, strangulate, blood boil and dnd with em. Pretty much this. But if you get the death runes you can add some high rune flexibility. Like getting more chains, getting more DS or SS, doing a Pestilence for disease refresh + Bone Shield with the other death rune etc... Its a got great benefits even in duel situations, otherwise youd have to sacrifice a Death Strike, or use Blood Tap. Yet most dks skip reaping. Why? Is some 20% fear/stun reduction better? Or some more haste for the pet? No.
    2 Icy reach - Why would you skip this anyway? What happens if you need to peel a target that is more than 20 yards away? Why not remove 2 pts from Icy talons and cap this talent instead?

As I said before, corpse explosion glyph does NOT work for the ghoul explosion, only on the ability itself. Its how its supposed to be.
    To be honest with you, DK is one of the classes you can change your talents 24/7 and simply find something that fits you. Depending on your comp in 2s and 3s, or for duels or simply bg's. You can adjust talents to what you prefer for yourself. Same as some people don't take Corpse Explosion, some use Wandering Plague and some don't. My advice is to find what suits you better and play it that way.

11. May 21, 2016  
    Skipping Icy Reach is legit for arena at least, simply because especially in arena, good players will dispel chains immediately most of time, diminishing it's effect out of desecrates. I find Icy Reach useful for priest / DK but that's about it.

12. May 22, 2016  
    Skipping Icy Reach is legit for arena at least, simply because especially in arena, good players will dispel chains immediately most of time, diminishing it's effect out of desecrates. I find Icy Reach useful for priest / DK but that's about it.
    Yeah this is why I said, talents can be adjusted depending on what comp you play, so that's a rather up to player what to go for.

13. June 1, 2016  
    iSullivan
    Great guide !
    I am currently enjoying re-gearing my dk with vps and grinding arenas and icc, I have a question over the item build for humans. I see over 90% of the geared dks on icecrown are using the same build for arenas and bgs - the one you have listed.

What if I slap dv normal with wfs hc ? From battlegrounds POV wouldn't that give me more procs of wandering plague ?
    I feel it would be a nice increase of dmg especially now that av pops every 2 out of 3 times.

14. June 1, 2016  
    Great guide !
    I am currently enjoying re-gearing my dk with vps and grinding arenas and icc, I have a question over the item build for humans. I see over 90% of the geared dks on icecrown are using the same build for arenas and bgs - the one you have listed.

What if I slap dv normal with wfs hc ? From battlegrounds POV wouldn't that give me more procs of wandering plague ?
    I feel it would be a nice increase of dmg especially now that av pops every 2 out of 3 times.
    It still works fine. WFS is a strong trink especially with wandering.

15. June 1, 2016  
    Well blood yeah I simply try to avoid dueling them, not really thing you want to duel as unholy dk. But other than that yes you can pretty much make your own DK spec that fits you more and see what happens.
    there is not a single way to lose duel with blood dk as uh (except he stacked resil/stam, in this case duel will last forever), even if bdk has near-godlike skill

First ... 3456715 ... Last