1. Does Wandering Plague Improve my damage during fights? Cuz im doing too little dmg with the arena talents and im confused

2. Does Wandering Plague Improve my damage during fights? Cuz im doing too little dmg with the arena talents and im confused
    Well this talent also depends on gear little bit, the more gear you have the stronger WP hits. Then again I don't use it in 2s arenas for myself, even tho it can increase damage at some points I just don't fin it that useful. In 3s however it's another story. Also the reason why you do little dmg can be because of the gear if you are not bis, or perhaps you are using death coils whenever you can (which is basically the dk burst damage). As dk you have to set up for the kill most of the time, like get procs, full runic power and Corpse Explosion. With procs just dump runic power and in the end use corpse explosion and that should do the job (Mind that CE is used as finisher). You can however PM me and can get into more details.

3. Does Wandering Plague Improve my damage during fights? Cuz im doing too little dmg with the arena talents and im confused
    WP is good for 3v3, sucks for 2v2 bracket

4. Why HC Glorenzelg instead of HC Bryntroll ? I see very few DKs in arenas actually use Bryntroll over here which I found quite unusual. Is it bugged on this server ?

5. Why HC Glorenzelg instead of HC Bryntroll ? I see very few DKs in arenas actually use Bryntroll over here which I found quite unusual. Is it bugged on this server ?
    I would say who you play with in arenas, gloren in overall would be more damage. But Bryntroll if you let's say play as dk/hpala vs perhaps some hpaladin comps you might find it more useful, but other than that gloren would be better choice in my opinion.

6. May 4, 2017  
    Hey Justmarried, over the years I've reread this guide many times. This is basically the only good DK PvP guide out there, and I followed this from a young DK to a 6k PvP.

Anyhow, I see the top ranked 2v2 DKs are using basically this talent with Glyph of Disease and Reaping and 0/1 point in Epidemic(including yourself). So after calculation, rune CD is 9 sec in UH and 10 sec in Frost face. With 0 points epidemic diseases are 15 sec, which means you need to use pest every rune rotation, which defeats the purpose of 3 SCourage strike rotation from reaping. With 1 point in epidemic, you would get a 18 sec disease, so it would be perfect in UH face. But as we all know nothing happens with exact perfection in game, when you cast pest on the third rune rotation the diseases will be gone again. I am wondering what is the point of a reaping/glyph of disease combo VS wandering plague/glyph of Icy touch combo if you have to use pest every rotation anyways this that death rune s courage strike never comes out?

Thank you

Also, I mainly world pvp, any suggestions on talents and glyphs for that?
    Edited: May 4, 2017

7. May 4, 2017  
    Hey Justmarried, over the years I've reread this guide many times. This is basically the only good DK PvP guide out there, and I followed this from a young DK to a 6k PvP.

Anyhow, I see the top ranked 2v2 DKs are using basically this talent with Glyph of Disease and Reaping and 0/1 point in Epidemic(including yourself). So after calculation, rune CD is 9 sec in UH and 10 sec in Frost face. With 0 points epidemic diseases are 15 sec, which means you need to use pest every rune rotation, which defeats the purpose of 3 SCourage strike rotation from reaping. With 1 point in epidemic, you would get a 18 sec disease, so it would be perfect in UH face. But as we all know nothing happens with exact perfection in game, when you cast pest on the third rune rotation the diseases will be gone again. I am wondering what is the point of a reaping/glyph of disease combo VS wandering plague/glyph of Icy touch combo if you have to use pest every rotation anyways this that death rune s courage strike never comes out?

Thank you

Also, I mainly world pvp, any suggestions on talents and glyphs for that?
    Hi there and thanks for your comment. To answer it from my perspective, I like to use Glyph of Disease just to reset duration of diseases on my targets as it states. Allows me to have diseases on my targets most of the time without them breaking up, meaning i don't need to spam Plague strike and icy touch/chains and then pestilence to get diseases on two targets, instead i can use just pestilence and use for example against warrior comps both frost and blood runes for kiting the warrior instead. So in the end, basically it just allows you to 1st, Easier managing with diseases 2nd, saves you time instead of using more abilities you just use one, 3th, just because you have to use just pestilence, allows you to use the runes more effectively for other things. As for combo, I find for myself at least reaping/glyph of disease combo better. Even when I have to kite someone, it takes one pestilence to refresh diseases on both targets and I can spam chains/plague strike more instead and set up myself for a kill. DK's are not warriors, so for DK at higher rating "facerolling" won't help and you will find yourself in situation where you have to set up for a kill so you can burst someone, so having those extra runes for other things is more helpful. As for Wandering Plague, well at first when I began to play DK, I did use it in 2s too, but later on I found that it's not as useful, while it does damage when players are near each other, most of the time they won't and it will rarely come to a point where WP will play it's role, Icy touch perhaps might be good in something like Wpvp. But in arenas for be it's either glyph of disease of anti magic shell. Depending on the comps you play against you might want to switch that around, if there are many caster teams, go with AMS, if not then disease. As for WPvP, that's where the WP shows it's place, that is a pretty much "Must have" talent since in bigger scale WPvP fights players stack up so your damage will be quite high. Unholy Dk's give you opportunity to play around with talents, I would say choose what's in your liking, some for example take " On a pale horse", hell some even go for Improved Icy talons and get glyph for Icy Touch for that extra. I like to keep it simple for myself and get AMS glyph (to not die naturally) and get "On a pale horse" instead of "Epidemic". You are more use to your group when you are alive not throw out your skills and die. You can also get meta gem which I think reduces Stun duration by 15%, so you can get 25% stun reduction on human without issues, for Orcs it would be even more naturally. So that's my opinion on these things.
    Edited: May 4, 2017

8. May 4, 2017  
    So reaping is not exactly for another SS. But for utility? I prefer to have 2 points in pale horse so that only leaves me with 2 points in reaping, would that be useful? Should I move something else? because in pve that's just 2 wasted point because it doesn't get the SS out. For world pvp i play mostly 1 v 1 or duels. What what you recommend talent and glyph wise for 1v1? Also for the hand enchant, I see you are running the haste instead of the rocket damage others run, is there much difference in that? I am SoulMourn (used to be Darkpluto, you might remember me) on icecrown, so if you can take a look in the armory that would be amazing.

Thanks

9. May 4, 2017  
    I wouldn't go for 2 points, if I am correct it's 66% chance then no? So I would pass on that, not really worth it because RNG can not be with you and it may not really work out well. For 1v1 well, that's actually hard to say who you duel really, vs casters you might find AMS more useful than let's say disease glyph which is better vs like dk's, warriors, rogues, ferals etc. Same is for talents, it all comes to a point that it depends on who you face so you have to find balance in between (I also like to have some extra glyphs in bags just in case). On a Pale horse in 2s well, if you play with healer that can dispell you, like priest/pally, that won't do much of a good for you, on Wpvp perhaps but I think that 2points in epidemic will do better for you since your resilience from what i saw is 1.3k+ so that is quite above the one you need. Also 2points from Reaping you can throw in Wondering Plague, will do you more good 2 points there than 2 points on reaping. Also your hit rating is 5.46%, i run with 4.5% and i am quite fine there. So you can balance your stats out too little bit, like get some pve items to lower resil or change some gems/ench. Also for 1v1 I swap around weapons and items, since I have pretty much all mdps trinkets, fingers, necks, belts cloaks etc I have from where to choose (It applies same for arenas too, i swap around my gear to adjust comp i play or against who i play) And as for gloves, I have two gloves, ones with haste ones with rocket, so it just as i said, depends who i face really. Haste is good for gargoyle, but it won't do good if you know it will be cced and you or your partner/s won't be able to do anything of it, go for rocket. And quick mention for Reaping, VS let's say clother players it will be for that extra SS, vs warrior comps i will use it for utility purposes mostly. It just comes to a point on what you need more in that moment.

10. May 4, 2017  
    Ah, I see. So basically I have 7 talent points floating around right now, with a choice of 0/2 Epidemic, 0/2 Unholy Command, 0/1 Corpse Explosion, 0/3 Reaping, 0/2 Improved UH Face, or 0/3 WP (or finishing 4/5 Icy Talons). I want to make a spec that can basically deal with any random people I run into while farming out in the world, so its mostly random class 1 v 1 with all CDs. How should I distribute these points and which glyph and glove enchant should I use to make a most optimized spec for just random classes? I've tested most of these combos and my play style can fit into most, so its just which would be the most useful in this situation.

For 2v2s I don't run pale horse, but its useful just killing random people :P

and yes, I definitely need to redistribute my gear a little.
    Edited: May 5, 2017

11. May 5, 2017  
    I would say go for the usual set up then with 2/2 Epidemic 1/2unholy command 1/1 CE, 2/2 improved unholy presence and 3/3 WP, pass reaping and on a pale horse. Means you will have enough points in frost tree to get 4/5 icy talons. For glyphs well, I would say keep in your bags both disease and AMS, but If I would run around in wpvp i would go disease unless i know what i will face then perhaps ams. For glove ench I mostly use haste because i play 2s with either disc or pala that can dispell gargoyle in case it gets cced (except cyclone naturally, can't dispel that).

12. June 2, 2017  
    Hey,thanks for the effort making this guide.I have 2 questions:

1st question:How much resil do i need in 2v2's im playing with my shadow priest mate,is this combo viable?

2nd question:Am i going to be fine with only these PvE items in arena: weapon:Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand, trinket:Deathbringer's Will,trinket:Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Edited: June 2, 2017

First ... 678910 ... Last