1. Rooting out low-level ganking in our own factions.

#WhatIDidToday, #PvPPolice

Today I saw a level 58 paladin, sitting on top of the fence tent in the middle of Gadgetzan one shotting level 40's from range at the mailbox or at npc's and letting guards kill them when they tried to skill back. I told him he was a coward, and to come down and pvp them for real if he wanted a real rush. He refused. I proceeded to tell him about his own life until he had me on ignore.

Not long after, he gave up ganking the horde in the area and flew to Un'Goro. I knew this because I kept running /who's on him to see where he was. Next step was to ruin his questing by following him around and killing any mobs he needed and/or collecting the gems around before he did. He hearthed to SW. I followed again. I followed him around SW until he logged out. I don't know if he got the message or whether or not he'll be ganking again (but lets face it, it's likely).

Honestly, the cycle of ganking horde lowbies, who go on to gank alliance lowbies, who go on to gank horde lowbies etc can only be stopped when the community on the side of said ganker stands up for what's utterly unfair on those who just want to level. Since it's been made *abundantly* clear by staff posts in the forum, Lordaeron is and will remain a PvP realm and that no safeguards will ever be implemented to prevent low level gankers, it falls to us as those who enjoy WoW and would prefer these scum class players took a dive off a cliff to teach them a lesson that it's not acceptable.

Ironically there are of course going to be those like my own guildies who told me in no uncertain terms that I was wasting my time acting like the "PvPPolice" or caring what other players did with their WoW play time. You are all part of the same cancer, rotting at the heart of this beautiful realm. Your inaction, in some cases celebration of these clowns, is what perpetuates the catch 22 we find ourselves in today.

Do not tolerate it. Do not accept it. Stand up for those who aren't able to stand up for themselves.

A pleasant day, a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all.

2. Digi! I thought you quit, but apparently you just rolled another char :D... Your friends at Luminosity have missed you :P

3. Why are people having such a problem with being Ganked... who cares... move on... if you can't, log out. I've been ganked, farmed, camped etc on 30 lvl up to 80. If they kill you at one point, move to other, if they keep making it hard to play, log out, do something else, come back later...

4. It's more about the principal that it's scummy to attack someone who has no hope of fighting back. You get nothing out of killing someone 40 levels below you other than the satisfaction of knowing you're causing someone else some level of grief and distress. It shouldn't be hard to conceive that a motivation like that might be frowned upon by others.

Then there's those guys that sometimes repeatedly camp lowbies and obsessively do their damned best to make it impossible for those lowbies to play their game. That's beyond pathetic, and I've always told such people off when encountering them on my faction.

5. Why are people having such a problem with being Ganked... who cares... move on... if you can't, log out. I've been ganked, farmed, camped etc on 30 lvl up to 80. If they kill you at one point, move to other, if they keep making it hard to play, log out, do something else, come back later...
    It's easy to say this when you have tons of time, but if people have a few hours in week to play WoW and some stupid kid who got bullied in school kills low level characters who just want to level up faster to do the real job in raids or PvP. It's good when you have a guild or someone from global chat helps you, but when this dumbass can't be stopped at this exact time and you don't have a lot of time, well you are screwed. We really need to start fight with those dumb people and this guy did really good thing.

6. You, sir/ma'am, deserve a cookie. World pvp is great, it's one of the small pleasures of WoW. But killing players who have no chance fighting back isn't pvp, it's just being a twat.

I used to do something similar to this on retail, albeit nowhere near as elaborate. I would add the offender to friends an proceed to send them a host of 1 copper CoD mails, each message contailing one word from some sarcastically phrased congratulations (along the lines of "Well done, you just proved your superior ability and supreme intellect by killing players that can't even see what level you are. You get 1 copper"). I would flood their mailbox with crap like that.

Some of the geniusses even paid the copper.

7. It's easy to say this when you have tons of time, but if people have a few hours in week to play WoW and some stupid kid who got bullied in school kills low level characters who just want to level up faster to do the real job in raids or PvP. It's good when you have a guild or someone from global chat helps you, but when this dumbass can't be stopped at this exact time and you don't have a lot of time, well you are screwed. We really need to start fight with those dumb people and this guy did really good thing.

I really disagree with your narrative, although beyond that you raise a valid concern. I think it's a higher probability that those who enjoy bullying others at school would get similar satisfaction over causing others distress on a video game. You paint a mental picture of a bitter, depressed individual who's never stood up for themselves in real life and is taking their frustrations out on others on a video game. That's plausible, and probably happens but the type of person who I see getting a kick out of griefing is in my opinion much more likely to be those who enjoy inflicting grief on others in real life, places of work and in a learning environment.

Beyond that, people have raised good points in this thread. I understand PvPing on a PvP server, and especially so if you get a honorable kill out of the deal, but there is literally nothing gained from killing / camping someone who is significantly lower level than you and those who participate in / condone such action have a really toxic mentality and usually hide behind worn-out catchphrases and one liners. There's not a lot you can do, except raise awareness of such individuals, although such action is only possible with a collective effort.

It's a good start making sure your guildies are not adding to a problem such as this. I think a guild tag should be respected and possibly bringing the guild's name as a whole into jeopardy because of a toxic individual is ridiculous. If it becomes harder for these people to find guilds and groups to play with, maybe they'd reconsider the way they conduct themselves in the open in the future.

8. Got job, I applaud you sir. :) The people that bully lower levels here are are just ****s (in real life too without a doubt), if I was some dictator in a country (have my spy agency track their location if inside my country), I'd take some time from my scheduled to cut of a few of their fingers off, see if it helps cure them from a mental flaw that is being a douche-bag. :P
    Most of PvP fights here are unfair, if I'm not attacked by someone who is 10+ levels higher then me, then I am attacked by a group of at least 2 people that are the same level as me.
    But I don't take it out on randoms. I just write down their names on a piece of paper in case I meet them again... :p Or call out in faction chat for someone else to kill them, the world is full of people who have been through the same as me and would love to cut down some terrorist ganker.

9. I'd suggest another optimal variant for all: cut the paladins population on both factions with ganking. Because every braindead kid wants to feel like a king,then makes a paladin but gets rekt on equal levels so he goes to gank. Srsly, 7/10 gankers are paladins

10. This form of "PvP Police" will only work if the player is not lvl 80. If a bored lvl 80 wants to gank lowbies there is not much that can be done.

11. I saw that same pally too. Was a ****ing dickhead. I've talked to the gankers and they are so pathetic. I really wonder why it is so apparent that ganking is so common in the Alliance. I've noticed on people on the Horde will just watch as someone on their own faction gets ganked even if they could actually help.

12. Why are people having such a problem with being Ganked... who cares... move on... if you can't, log out. I've been ganked, farmed, camped etc on 30 lvl up to 80. If they kill you at one point, move to other, if they keep making it hard to play, log out, do something else, come back later...
    I wasn't being ganked. I was level 70 when I saw that happening, was helping another guildie level in Tanaris. Who cares? I do. It's a disgusting waste of your and the victims time. You gain nothing, no honor points, no hk's, but a perverted sense of accomplishment (if you in fact accomplished anything) and the person being ganked has to change zones or rage-quit. It's ****ing despicable.

Digi! I thought you quit, but apparently you just rolled another char :D... Your friends at Luminosity have missed you :P
    !!!

Lol I did quit for a while and when I got back, I realised all my char's were so ugly, I couldn't look at them any more and rerolled Alliance D: xD Missed you guys too buddy!

13. I really wonder why it is so apparent that ganking is so common in the Alliance.
    Bads who think playing a human instantly turns them into a PvPro.

14. This form of "PvP Police" will only work if the player is not lvl 80. If a bored lvl 80 wants to gank lowbies there is not much that can be done.
    A good point, but ruining their objectives for a while usually hurts, even at 80. Especially if it's for dailies. Might take 2 or more in a group to make it happen, but that's why I'm exhorting entire factions to action instead of just single players. One person can do much. Many people can do much more.

Bads who think playing a human instantly turns them into a PvPro.
    Agreed. Human Pally's in particular.

15. I saw that same pally too. Was a ****ing dickhead. I've talked to the gankers and they are so pathetic. I really wonder why it is so apparent that ganking is so common in the Alliance. I've noticed on people on the Horde will just watch as someone on their own faction gets ganked even if they could actually help.
    He should simply be banned. I find it baffling that some can just say "being killed few times in a row for no reason by a player lvl?? who can oneshot you is part of the game", yeah it's the bad part of the game... so imbecilic.

123 ... Last