1. Forum Event: Orcs and Humans with even filthier souls ever

Welcome to the Forum Events 2015 of Warmane Server

This event is directed to members who enjoy making videos related to World of Warcraft. Like some previous versions of clips from the past, this one, follows the same characteristics, requesting the users to create (or re-create) a scene using locations and characters from the game. This time around, we picked the movies Home Alone 1 and 2 to see how users can adapt it to World of Warcraft.

Orcs and Humans with filthy souls!

Orcs and Humans with even filthier souls!

Rules of the event:
    • Members should re-create one of the scenes above using locations and characters (preferably with good clothing) making it similar to the clips.
    • The clips must be titled Orcs and Humans with filthy souls! and Orcs and Humans with even filthier souls! for the first two clips.
    • Members can send a single work or all three. Each clip will be appraised separatedly.
    • Members can use any mix of races and classes, but one of the characters being able to equip a gun makes it more faithful to the scenes.
    • Up to two people can join together to send the works and receive full prize.
    • For additional challenge, making a third original clip to conclude the trilogy will net the biggest prize. The title Orcs and Humans with even filthier souls ever! must be added to the clip.
    • Re-creating clip 1 or 2 will earn you 10 Coins. Creating the third clip (original voice-overs) with earn you 20 Coins).
    • The videos will be watched by Warmane Staff and the best ones will be elected and posted on our media channels.

2. I don't like the video choices. The first one looks like an easy task to reacreate, but the second one has a lot of details. At least there is a female character in the second one. I am already getting ideas of how to create it. But generally I think that there are much more interesting stuff that could be recreated. :D

I don't get one thing - should the second video contain the home alone actor in the bed or we should only recreate the movie scenes? If the entire scene should be recreated then that's a hard task.

Unfortunately I am too busy to attend to any events. Blame my job!

3. You can skip the Mcaulay Culkin scene.

4. I was actually looking forward to this forums event. Sadly, this is a horrible choice of videos. Is there anyway to add another from something more active, interesting and fun. Here are a couple of my suggestions:

https://youtu.be/mJZZNHekEQw
    https://youtu.be/11DJ7FsfyAk

Any other choices?

5. Got a vid coming, is the deadline Jan2 or 3? Figuring Winter's Veil ends 2

6. I don't understand what the third clip is supposed to be?:)
    Ooooh, nevermind. I get it now that I read it better. Anyway, when is the deadline?
    Edited: January 2, 2016

7. I don't understand what the third clip is supposed to be?:)
    Ooooh, nevermind. I get it now. Anyway, when is the deadline?
    The deadline is January 3rd 23:59

8. I hope you don't screw this event if only one or two entries are given, like you did in the past. Spitting on some other persons' hard-work.
    I remember I was participant of one event like this one, with really few entries but molten staff didn't chose a winner. And tell whatever you want, that's ethically wrong.

Anyway, a (well done) machinima like this one takes A LOT MORE than a week to be made, you'd want to extend the deadline.
    Edited: January 2, 2016

9. Orcs and Humans with Even Filthier Souls!
    My entry (2nd clip)

10. Orcs and Humans with Even Filthier Souls!
    My entry (2nd clip)

Haha, very good..haha :D The objects in the machinima, the environment was well places, there might be some pixels popping up in some spots, but that's fine. In general the machinima was very smooth.
    The synchro between the voices and the actions in the machinima suit perfectly. Just a small note, but that's something that matters only to the person creating the machinima, some like it more detailed, others not. In some scenes the sync could have been done better, and more detailed, but that's my preference of a machinima, and that's how I'd have created it.
    Most of all, it is important to enjoy it while watching it. I really love it, no matter how detailed or not detailed it is, or that some scenes don't sync well with the voices and actions. For me it suits perfectly lacking these details, so it is a matter of style.

I'd have created it in an entirely different way, with the risk of not winning, because I didn't want to recreate the home alone scene, just the movie scene, placing some of my characters in the scene.

If that's the only entry then you've won automatcially.

11. I hope there'll be another entry, time is running short.

I am angry that I have many other things to do. People might say, you have time to write in the forums, but don't have time to recreate a scene.
    Well, while I am writing here, at the same time I am working on my official machinima projects. That explains why I am always busy.

Maybe next year, if I see the event on time, I'll participate, but the chance of not seeing that there is such an event is very big.

Good luck to all participants.
    Edited: January 3, 2016

12. Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a critique. That's one of the reasons I disabled the comments on the video.
    It is trully a shame that you cannot spare few hours of your time for a forum event that you oh-so-dearly want to participate in. Regardless, I am not a machinima maker or anything of those sorts. I only had slight self-teaching experience, and I would like to ask you not to ruin this for me or anyone else in the future post by pointing things out.
    It is slightly unfair that you are able to let yourself comment on event entries like that. I do not mind elaborate comments, however critiques are straight out over the top. I hope you consider why I am bumhurt about this, because I spent my time actually doing this when all other people would rather make posts to complain about their "what a joke" Christmas gifts.
    So please, tldr; please don't. I really appreciate this in a way and I don't at the same time. I think other people wouldn't. Leave it be. Have a Happy New Year, for all that matters.
    Edited: January 3, 2016

13. Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a critique. That's one of the reasons I disabled the comments on the video.
    It is trully a shame that you cannot spare few hours of your time for a forum event that you oh-so-dearly want to participate in. Regardless, I am not a machinima maker or anything of those sorts. I only had slight self-teaching experience, and I would like to ask you not to ruin this for me or anyone else in the future post by pointing things out.
    It is slightly unfair that you are able to let yourself comment on event entries like that. I do not mind elaborate comments, however critiques are straight out over the top. I hope you consider why I am bumhurt about this, because I spent my time actually doing this when all other people would rather make posts to complain about their "what a joke" Christmas gifts.
    So please, tldr; please don't. I really appreciate this in a way and I don't at the same time. I think other people wouldn't. Leave it be. Have a Happy New Year, for all that matters.
    I don't see what wrong I've said. I didn't even critique it, I know the effort people put into such things, because I myself create such stuff, and I never even got on my mind to critique anything.
    All I said was that the machinima is perfect the way it is. That's why I said some people prefer putting more details, like me, and some like it simplier. There is no false and right way to create a machinima!
    I felt only good vibes while watching it. I see no point of thinking that I critique it. Quite the opposite, I applauded you. In other words I said that I might put more details in mine, but that doesn't make them better than what you just created. Understand it now? :D Now it sounds more of a compliment, I think.

PS. These machinimas are going to be judged no matter what, if there are other entries, not by me, but by staff members. I don't think that staff members would have said something more different than what I did, they'll probably be more critique than me. :D

HNY!

14. Orcs and Goblins with filthy souls

Entry by me & girm4lyfe

The third video in the trilogy (hence the title). Original voice & concept
    Edited: January 3, 2016 Reason: Read that a specific title was required, that has been fixed.

12 Last