1. 4.3.4 Affliction Warlock PvE Guide!

Hello

My name is Rakash (In-game) and I play on Neltharion as a Affliction Warlock. I get quite a few whispers every day, asking about my DPS, rotation and just in general how to play Warlock in PvE on Warmane!
    So i decided to make a small guide, which I'll try to keep up-to-date with the upcomming changes and bug fixes we might see on the server.

So, lets say you got your Warlock to level 85, you did a few dungeons perhaps a few raids. But you aren't impressed by your DPS, and some people won't even inv you to certain Groups, just because you're a Warlock... Unless you join the Group just to summon the slacker! ;)

The reason why Warlocks are underrated on Warmane, is because very few knows what Snappoint/Snapshot Is, so their DPS will be absolutely dog ****..
    So lets begin with the sections, that'll give you the needed information.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

STAT PRIORITY
    GEMMING & ENCHANTS
    TALENTS & GLYPHS
    ROTATION
    USEFULL ADDONS & MACROS
    BEST IN SLOT

#1 STAT PRIORITY

-So, before we can start be gods among humans, we need to get our stats right!

The priority will be as followed:

Intellect > Hit (17% Spell hit) > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Spirit

You may or may not know, that the more haste you have, the more ticks your dots do, before they expire. So lets say you have roughly 2600 haste, you get 2 additional ticks on your dots, which is quite a lovely DPS boost.

-Source (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2&pli=1#gid=12)

The reason for Mastery is above Crit, is very simple, the more Mastery you have, the more damage does your DOTS deal, So if you get the right combination of Haste and Mastery, you're on your way of being a lovely Warlock!

#2 GEMMING & ENCHANTS

• Head - Arcanum of Hyjal
    • Shoulders - Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone OR Felfire Inscription (Inscription)
    • Back- Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect OR Lightweave Embroidery (Tailoring)
    • Chest - Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats
    • Wrist - Enchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect OR Draconic Embossment - Intellect (Leatherworking)
    • Hands - Enchant Gloves - Haste
    • Waist - Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
    • Legs - Powerful Enchanted Spellthread OR Master's Spellthread (Tailoring)
    • Boots - Enchant Boots - Lavawalker OR Enchant Boots - Haste
    • Weapon - Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent

You should put Brilliant Queen's Garnet in almost all of your slots. You could put Reckless Lava Coral in your yellow socket slots, i would recommend doing so. Ofcourse, i know that not everyone can effort Epic gems at the moment, but you know where I'm headed at!

For Meta socket you should be using Burning Shadowspirit Diamond, it gives you +54 Intellect + 3% Crit Chance, no diskussion to this part.

#3 TALENTS & GLYPHS

Affliction 32 / 3 / 6

GLYPHS

• Glyph of Corruption
    • Glyph of Haunt
    • Glyph of Unstable Affliction

• Glyph of Life Tap
    • Glyph of Shadow Bolt
    • Glyph of Soul Swap

• Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion
    • Glyph of Drain Soul
    • Glyph of Health Funnel

#4 ROTATION

Here comes the tricky part, because your DPS depends on your Snappoint/Snapshot.

#1 Curse of Elements
    #2 Shadow Bolt(10% Damage to your dots)
    #3 Corruption
    #4 Unstable Affliction
    #5 Bane of Doom
    #6 Haunt
    #7 Drain Soul (When the target is below 25% - When the target is below 25%, Drain Soul will refresh your Unstable Affliction)

You might think now (That's what I'm doing already), that might be correct, but thats just a part of your rotation, lets say you have some trinkets which gives you haste or something like that, when you get your Power Torrent, Trinket Proc(s) and Tailoring Proc, you want to pop all of your cooldowns.
    Once you've all your procs and cooldowns running, you're going to reapply your DOTS, by casting them Again, once you've done that, you do not want to reapply them again. The only DOTS you'll reapply, is Haunt and Bane of Doom, dont cast Unstable Affliction and Corruption again.
    The way you keep your Snappoint/Snapshot the entire fight, is by refreshing them, meaning adding duration to your dots. Your Corruption will be kept refreshed, each time you cast Haunt, and the way you keep your Unstable Affliction on, is by casting Fel Flame, that adds 6 seconds to your Unstable Affliction.

If you're doing this right, your Unstable Affliction and Corruption should've done more damage than your Shadow Bolt!

-If you have Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance and Bottled Wishes, you can equip them, and use them with your prepot, and equip your main trinkets afterwards, to boost your Snappoint/Snapshot.

Sadly, you won't really have the chance to practice this on dummies, since they for some reason, like to reset your dots... Kind of annoying in my opinion!

#5 USEFULL ADDONS & MACROS

ADDONS

• ElvUI: https: //www.sendspace.com/file/fvwnft
    • Recount
    • OmniCC
    • DeadlyBossMods
    • PowerAuras

All these addons can be found on: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ns-for-Warmane

MACROS

Code:
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /cast Haunt
    /petattack
    Code:
    #showtooltip Unstable Affliction
    /cast Unstable Affliction
    /petattack
    Code:
    #showtooltip Corruption
    /cast Corruption
    /petattack
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadow bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /petattack
    Code:
    #showtooltip bane of Doom
    /cast Bane of Doom
    /petattack
    Code:
    /use Volcanic Potion
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Summon Doomguard(Guardian)
    /cast Soulburn
    /use Bottled Wishes
    /cast Berserking(Racial)

#6 BEST IN SLOT

• Head - Hood of the Faceless Shroud
    • Neck - low Form Choker/ Opal of the Secret Order
    • Shoulder - Mantle of the Faceless Shroud
    • Back - Nanoprecise Cape
    • Chest - Robes of the Faceless Shroud
    • Wrists - Bracers of the Banished
    • Hands - Gloves of Liquid Smoke
    • Waist - Cord of the Slain Champion
    • Legs - Leggings of the Faceless Shroud
    • Feet - Janglespur Jackboots
    • 1. Ring - Infinite Loop
    • 2. Ring - Ring of the Riven
    • 1. Trinket - Seal of the Seven Signs
    • 2. Trinket - Insignia of the Corrupted Mind
    • Weapon - Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's (Unavailable at this time) - use Lightning Rod instead.
    • Wand - Hungermouth Wand

Thats basicly it for now, i will add more details to this in the future, and as i said above, i'll try to keep this up-to-date with relevant changes and bug fixes.

Best Regards

Rakash < F L A W L E S S> Of Nelthation Alliance

http://www.twitch.tv/protogaarn/v/33595517

LIVESTREAM

ARMORY
    Edited: September 10, 2016 Reason: Added BiS list

2. Reserved for Q/A
    Edited: December 28, 2015

3. Thanks for the guide. There are many of procs buff , so its impossible all of them to be up at the same time of course. What kind of the procs we are waiting for to reapply our DoTs?

4. why seal of seven signs over say will of unbinding? they are both haste trinkets and shouldnt stack with eachother, and share ICDs

5. Thanks for the guide. There are many of procs buff , so its impossible all of them to be up at the same time of course. What kind of the procs we are waiting for to reapply our DoTs?
    Any procs you can get, like Tailoring Cloak proc, Power Torrent, trinket procs etc.. etc..
    once you have your procs, just pop all your cooldowns.
    Reapply your dots, and dont reapply them again, simply refresh them with Fel Flame/Drain Soul and Haunt.

6. why seal of seven signs over say will of unbinding? they are both haste trinkets and shouldnt stack with eachother, and share ICDs
    I know they shouldnt, but they do :)

Edited: January 2, 2016

7. Rambo of Warlocks, right there! :D

8. Okay guide, couple things tho... you should start the rotation out with corruption to get higher chance for eradication to proc for your snapshot, also survival hunters have highest output for your dark intent as they give you 3 stacks instantly at start which is when you snapshot, good luck

9. May 15, 2016  
    Why do we use Seal of Seven Signs if it stacks with Insignia of Corrupted Mind ?
    It's useless for snapshot..

10. May 15, 2016  
    Why do we use Seal of Seven Signs if it stacks with Insignia of Corrupted Mind ?
    It's useless for snapshot..
    What u know dumb ?

11. May 15, 2016  
    What excuse me ?
    Btw, trinkets don't procs together , so it's useless equip them both

12. July 6, 2016  
    They do proc together, i posted a screenshot with it aswell.

13. Are they both 397 or one 397 and one 410 ?
    Cause i have both 397 and they never proc together.. never

12 Last