1. what are you even talking about. why would they have to loot the normal one first? who is in a hardcore pve guild in ICC doing normal ToC? why would mages use it anyways? i am clueless as to why you think that trinket is BiS because its not.
    You're clueless if you think double solace isn't bis for mages - and by your own admission in this quote, mages didn't use and wouldn't get double solace for the reasons you just mentioned. Ergo, any mage that donates has a significant advantage over mages that don't.

Just one specific example to illustrate my point, mr. superior retail knowledge.
    Edited: January 5, 2016

2. so your argument is based upon plate wearing people wear plate only? leather wearers wear leather only? too bad so many BiS items even in retail were not plate mail leather for all classes. if you think that way then idk what to tell you because its just plain wrong.

what are you even talking about. why would they have to loot the normal one first? who is in a hardcore pve guild in ICC doing normal ToC? why would mages use it anyways? i am clueless as to why you think that trinket is BiS because its not.

yep. just did. read above.

you cant buy proffesions. that was only after moltdown. the rest of your argument or rather statement here is invalid. if someone plays for a long time without donating (which i mentioned before in my previous post) dont you think they will have a huge significant advantage over some new player in pvp? so why shouldent that person be given the option to catch up by buying gear or better yet what separates the person who farmed all the gear vs the person who bought it? if a fully donated warrior and a fully geared warrior who has not donated can obtain the same gear granted the non donator will have spent more time farming, does that not give them both the advantage over a new player? that player has no idea that one guy has spent years or months or whatever farming his gear vs the guy who bought his gear. yet every new player who feels that they are at a disadvantage will come here and complain about donors even though some of those players have that gear through not donating.

either way i would like to know why people think there is such a thing as paying to win. as i mentioned a few posts ago, it does not give you a high arena rating, it does not teach you how to spec, gem, glyph, enchant (ive seen hundreds of terrible apps with "im 6.9k" but the guy has everything wrong with his ****) if people think the gear they donate is them winning then again i dont buy that in the least. if gear is winning then maybe my definition of winning is wrong but i doubt it.
    Just replying to last part. Funky is absolutely right all the gear in the world doesn't mean anything to experience, mechanics knowing your class, rotations and so on a lot of things play into being a good player none of them have to do with gear.

3. Honestly I don't think being able to donate for a current tiers gear is not a good thing.

In my opinion (and that is all it is) if gear is going to be on the cash shop on a progressive server it should be 1 tier behind and should only be the entry gear into that tier. By that I mean, let's say the server has up to and including Ulduar released then the cash shop has Naxx/Maly/OS 10man gear for sale.

This way people who just join the realm or have alts they wanna throw money at have a catch up mechanic to be ready for Ulduar but not already overgeared for it.

My 2 cents.

4. The only solution which is fair and would makes sence is, to enable donating gear of a content 1 oder 2 months after the firstkill of this content was done.
    so nobody ever can buy the necessary gear to clear a raid the first time. If a noobguild clears icc25 nhc e.g. they all buy 25hc full gear sponsored by daddy and easily kill icc25 heroic. Theres no sence, for me. not on a Hardcore Realm, where raids get buff to get a more interesting progress.

5. buy gear and you skip the real game, it should be called pay too lose.. and besides its not really an advantage when all serverfirst titels are taken, everything is cleared etc

6. There we go. Warmane is selling Naxx 10 + T7 on the Store :)
    only a matter of time and the Price drops and we have P2W :)

7. There we go. Warmane is selling Naxx 10 + T7 on the Store :)
    only a matter of time and the Price drops and we have P2W :)
    I don't really think that the game will be pay to win even if some people donate. (Yes I am against donation and would love to see a full non donor/vote realm). But as long as the gear is possible to get for the people who does not donate, its kinda like the donors just have been playing for a longer time and farmed the gear... Hope I explained it good enough :p

8. well that didn't take long, glad i only go to level 32

9. Achieving the best gear in the game is the main goal of wow, everyone is going mainly for items with every new content. Buying best in slot gear is like buying the final status, the win, while others have to go a long way to get there.

In progressive PvE and overall PvP gear is a major factor. Getting to donate the best items is pay to win in these cases. A full donated ICC 277/284-Raid will snack the firstkills within hours while non donating guilds will have to struggle months to get there. In PvP, if the best PvP-Set is buyable, every non paying player willl be as a disadvantage for like half a year until they got the same pieces. At that time the season might be over or others skyrocketed too high already and money won again.

I would really recommend that best in slot gear will never be obtainable so achievements in PvP and PvE will never become devalued by donations. Maybe even the T1 equip should be introduced delayed so PvE-progression will not become a pay-to-win model.

10. with darkmoon, some world drops like the bell trink and t7 in the coin shop, it is heading to p2w, sure the majority of the best gear is not out there but t7 and some bis trinkets are in the market place, and tbh i dont think the price is exactly high considering most of the players that have played dw/rag/ other realms have stock piled on coins and sitting on a good 200-300+ coins from old days broken marketplace and trash events, pretty much everyone gonna be sporting bis trinkets again

11. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go :) this is ruining expirience so much...but whatever we wrote here,devs don't care...I thought this is really gonna be some hardcore expirience...

12. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go :) this is ruining expirience so much...but whatever we wrote here,devs don't care...I thought this is really gonna be some hardcore expirience...
    The **** are you asking for? ZERO donate-able items? Are you going to start paying them $15/month, along with everyone else? No? Didn't think so. That's the validity of your statement here.

13. The **** are you asking for? ZERO donate-able items? Are you going to start paying them $15/month, along with everyone else? No? Didn't think so. That's the validity of your statement here.
    slow down man...I wrote dozen of posts here in this topic and explained myself...I understand there needs to be donations,but naxx is cleared by few guilds now,so people who have money can buy full gear,bis trinket (DM) and be ahead all people who struggle...donations should help to catch up in next tier with latest tier,I understand that...but this?? in this buffed naxx with donated gear you will be sooo much ahead...c'mon...use your head...

14. This server has always been pay to win, just maybe not to the extreme that Deathwing and Ragnaros are at.

In my opinion any currently level (so no 80 anything) weapons and armor should not be in the store, however it is the staff's decision to put them there and I doubt that will change considering their other servers.

15. At the end of the day, we are all slaves to our greed.

First ... 89101112 ... Last