1. Without reading any posts here, yes it is common sense that Lordaeron sooner or later will become p2w. I feel sorry for the guys actually thinking people will have to put retail effort to equip bis gear.

2. Typical elitist. You realize, the guys who donate for gear can probably be trained and turned into an asset? Few people are natural born raiders. It is something learned. Instead of taking some time to be a teacher, you would rather be a hater. Which is cool I guess. There are a TON of people on Lordaeron who are playing WoW for the first time. They probably cant get into a raid guild because the do indeed lack the experience. So they will buy gear in hopes that someone will take them in, and they can do the content. On Deathwing we took in like 5 folks who donated their gear, and taught them basically how to raid. 4 of them became amazing DPS.

Purchased gear does make a difference in regards that the server gets needed income, and you, yourself, can continue to play for free, raiding, learning your class and earning BETTER gear than you can buy.

For the continued coin shop haters, your argument is nonsensical. It's like non donators who hate on the coin shop forget that the server doesnt sustain itself. It is sustained by donations. And instead of making nonsense arguments about the merits or lack thereof in regards to someone buying non top tier gear that is worse than what you get in current raids, give them alternative means of getting donations, as gear is almost ALWAYS the best way to get the money they NEED.

All im reading from you people is *****ing about what is in the coin shop. Im not reading ideas on alternatives to said gear so the server can stay alive. If you spent as much energy brainstorming ideas on what else to do to make donations roll in as opposed to crying about lower tier gear, I would bet Warmanes money issues would be non existent.
    no one can be trained on molten. ok i lied. a very select few. and i mean VERY select.

even then its going to take time and believe me if someone puts in the time and effort to really learn their class what is the issue with them donating? honestly. in fact what does them learning how to play have to do with donating at all? there are literally hundreds of guides on here (some are wrong granted) that 90% of the community fails to follow or use. i have tried countless times to train tons of players to no avail. who says i am a hater? where are you getting that from? only thing i hate about this thread is the fact that people are clueless about paying to win because you cant pay to win.

im sorry i love this community but i have yet to hear 1 valid argument as to what is being paid for a win. all i keep hearing is the same noob answer "gear is a win" which is a total garbage reply and anyone worth his salt knows that. we all know 90% or more of the players who donate have not a clue about the class or how to play it. the other 10%? who cares. eventually if you are a good player you will be able to farm the same gear as them through non donations (unless you cant break certain arena ratings in pvp)

you are correct people do donate gear and they hope to be taken in to be carried. but how is being carried winning first off? secondly you are in the wrong guild if you are carrying a player with full BiS and no achievements or your officers need replaced if they cant tell the warning signs in the application. this content has been out a long time there are hundreds of videos out there and guides out there on how to do bosses. you cant force everyone to watch those and learn. good players want to learn and do. they take the initiative to ask questions about their class or alt. lazy players which as we know makes up a lot of players refuse to spend the times to learn anything. they just come to the forums in droves complaining about donations for gear. wish i could make them learn but its their choice.

i agree with some of the last part. problem is the server does have to survive. i dont think the proposals made by kaer will be enough to make enough of a profit. its mostly cosmetic things he spoke of and we all know gear>cosmetics in terms of spending. i made some suggestions in another thread about what i think they could do to help raise additional money and turn this into a profit but i highly doubt it will happen. either way money has to be made to allow players to play here and if that is not happening then its not helping.

losing devs, mods, Gms, and any other staff is not good in any way and only impedes the players experience and the staffs ability to make things better for us.

3. If Lordaeron becomes P2W, what exactly will be the difference between Lordaeron, Deathwing and Ragnaros? O_o
    +1

Precisely the reason why I've been hesitant to play (haven't even hit 80...). after the recent events.
    Considering I already have well geared chars on Ragnaros, playing in a new realm where the only difference would be1x rate is pointless to me.

I know that Lordaeron is somewhat an experiment and that the "spice (cash) must flow"... on the other hand I'd like to have some certainties before I commit a huge amount of time to this realm. I'd like to have solid foundations to build my house on and not having to look back with regret 6 months from now.

That being said, I sure appreciate the work the devs have been putting in.

4. Retail is p2w. You can't win if you don't play, and you can't play if you don't pay.

Will transfers from Lordaeron to other servers finally be possible? Some of us want out of the 2000-person queues without losing their months of progress.

5. Retail is p2w. You can't win if you don't play, and you can't play if you don't pay
    jesus christ, the stupidity of some people here

6. jesus christ, the stupidity of some people here
    Twas a joke. I was drawing a similarity between paying to jump a 3 hour queue and paying to play at all.

First ... 5131415