1. If the server has to prove that it is worth your time, why are you playing here?
    What kind of statement is that? You and your staff are here to prove that Warmane is "Best Wrath of the Lich King server out there" says on your slogan. Your main job is help and support the server.

2. i still want to know why people think you win something because you bought some gear.

does gear make u spec right? does it make you avoid big balls of crap from a boss? does it make you know when to burn your medallion in pvp? does it teach you how to gem? doe sit teach you how to use the right glyphs? does it teach you what spells to use?

last i checked thats a no to all of the above.

so whats the issue? seen plenty of undergeared people here wrecking SM warriors.

besides some of us have been playing here for a long time. you honestly think that over the course of time on a private server that people havent spent years farming gear and are BiS legit anyways?

so lets say in a years time a new guy comes to lord and is complains about donors or how everyone is geared in pvp but he is not, and that he wants to do pvp but feels like its a waste of time since he is so undergeared and lets say gifting is disabled. people do farm gear. people will always be ahead of you when they have spent much more time farming the gear.

what is the difference in gifting?

oh but funky noobs can get BiS.

ok? so if they are noobs then they suck then it should be fun to watch some half geared player destroy them right?

but it makes it harder when everyone has a shadowmourne funky.

not everyone has a shadowmourne. and you guys think its some unstoppable weapon or some crap. its not

you think we dint have to deal with being outmatched in retail? you think when i came back from taking a 2 month break from the game and rerolled a brand new druid that i was destroying everyone in pvp? hell no. those guys had much better gear than my fresh 80. cmon now lets get real. if you think it makes that big of a difference. im here to tell you now you are wrong.

if you think gear is winning and sitting at 1350 rating or in 10icc normal for your time here on molten then GG. bc i sure dont see gear as winning. i see killing end game bosses without dying while pulling best dps or having a 2.2k rating as winning. guess im old and nuts tho.
    I don't see 2.2 as winning. Tell me pve gear doesn't matter when all you'll meet in 2v2 will be hpala/warr with shadowmourne and 277 agility leather gear.

3. What kind of statement is that?
    I thought it was straight-forward. Clearly if he is playing here, then it is worth his time, since he is spending time on it.

4. I don't see 2.2 as winning. Tell me pve gear doesn't matter when all you'll meet in 2v2 will be hpala/warr with shadowmourne and 277 agility leather gear.
    2.2k was a random number. if thats not pro enough then insert your own number.

ok and your point is what exactly about pve? even good retail players who did pvp as their main focus went and got the pve gear legit. again its not like the server is going onywhere. im sure plenty of people will have plenty of time to farm whatever gear they want at end level content.

5. 2.2k was a random number. if thats not pro enough then insert your own number.

ok and your point is what exactly about pve? even good retail players who did pvp as their main focus went and got the pve gear legit. again its not like the server is going onywhere. im sure plenty of people will have plenty of time to farm whatever gear they want at end level content.
    I'm completely fine with warriors making their own raids and rules that state "I'm taking all leather arp gear and agility rings". If someone puts in that much effort, he should be rewarded.

And yeah, so many players on retail did that.

/rolleyes

6. This subject is going to end just like the muti boxer poll ended , warmane really doesn't care what you think it's a business like everything else and businesses are in it for one thing money so at the end of the day they are going to do what they want, but by all means continue complaining.

7. I thought it was straight-forward. Clearly if he is playing here, then it is worth his time, since he is spending time on it.
    I am...but currently I'm level 36 and I really don't know what is there at the end game...Maybe cluster**** of bugs? Maybe perfect scripting? I don't know..Thats why I'm saying that developers of server need to prove to keep their playerbase,because let's face - there are other servers where people can actually leave...I'm not saying that I want to,that's why I'm here writing in this topic which will probably end up totally opposite of what I want :D

8. Feel free to leave if you so wish. Nobody is stopping you. The staff has always encouraged our community to do that if that is what makes them happy. Many often take it as disrespect to the person in question, but we do not mean it that way. We only wish the best for you and others. That said, in what way would you have us prove to you that the server is worth your time if you're asking for it before you can even see the content yourself? My post to you previously was a question, not some sort of hostile statement in which the other poster felt it was. An honest question. What sort of thing do you seek?

9. Feel free to leave if you so wish. Nobody is stopping you. The staff has always encouraged our community to do that if that is what makes them happy. Many often take it as disrespect to the person in question, but we do not mean it that way. We only wish the best for you and others. That said, in what way would you have us prove to you that the server is worth your time if you're asking for it before you can even see the content yourself? My post to you previously was a question, not some sort of hostile statement in which the other poster felt it was. An honest question. What sort of thing do you seek?
    What do I seek? world's most complete and hardcore Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a realm :) I don't see any type of hostility in your comments tho,but you kinda sound angry and tunnel vision just certain words and sentences...Let's be honest,watching forum topics,bugtracker and from my personal expirience,there is MANY things to be worked on and I believe,at the end,it will all work out fine...I don't think you/devs owe us nothing,but for sure,from my perspective if you/othermoderators say: We need money to take care of servers etc. then you need to make player feels like it's worth it...I work in shipbuilding company as an architect and above everything is: deadlines and maximum quality...if we deliver that,we won't care if we get more or less money for the certain project,we care to have constant input of money into our company to make it stable and to make us and buyers happy...Maybe here we don't speak about same things,but I just want to point out similarities..This is maybe not your full time payed job,we play this for free,etc.I know...There are servers with similiar model of buying gear and just destroyed feeling,and most of hardcore players agree with that...Is just personal not-good expirience...And don't tell me to leave,If I want to leave I wouldn't even bother writing all this nonsense XD

10. I disagree. You couldn't possibly know if I sounded angry or not through text. It's not the first time that I've been told I come across as aggressive or hostile. If someone finds my way of presenting myself to be "angry and tunnel vision", then I would encourage them to look past my grammar, punctuation and lack of emoticons. I have to present myself in a proper and professional manners as would be becoming of a staff member representing the server appropriately. I also know that the title and staff label makes me intimidating to some people as well, but that's not really something I can help short of not posting at all.

Watching a small amount of complaints on the forum is an extremely inefficient way of gauging the server. Consider that there is over 9,000 players on Lordaeron right now, and there is nowhere near that number posting here on the forum. It is obvious why there isn't; many don't know about the forum, and even less see fit to come posting on the forum to complain.

The bug-tracker is also an inappropriate method of gauging the server as well when it comes to "how much stuff is bugged", considering it is our primary method of allowing the community to communicate and assist our developer team. It should be seen as a positive, not a negative.

You speak of your personal experience, but then you said earlier that you were level 36. Which could be level 37 or 38 by now if you continued leveling since that post. This means you have actually seen very little of the game. Due to all of these factors, I don't consider you in a position to gauge the quality of Lordaeron as a whole. If you were closer to maximum level and took into account other factors, such as the sheer population, then I'd give what you've said more weight. But you're essentially ignoring the silent part of the community, the part of the community that is busy in-game enjoying their game time, which considering the population and the lack of complaint posts on the forum in comparison to it, would lead one to believe is a very large part of the community.

I also don't think comparing a standard business such as a shipbuilding company that operates entirely on "pay or don't pay" services to a donation-based service that allows you to play regardless of any payments is a fair comparison to make. The comparison you're trying to make here is that we need to make the players feel like it's necessary to donate, and you speak as though there are other ways to do it because clearly our hard work isn't cutting it. I also greatly disagree with that particular point. Trying to "make" our players feel a certain way, obligated to give us money, is not how we think we should approach it. In fact, we believe it is crucial that our players do not feel like there is any sort of requirement there for it in order to make them as happy as possible. Surely you'd agree with that, since you're here complaining about the payment model, but you've just stated that we need to make people want to give us money?

You complain about how the payment model is much like that of other servers, or that the payment model will destroy the server. You should probably be informed that this staff has been together working on servers for a very, very long time and using the same payment model. It is proven to be successful. Then we went and made a change: Lordaeron. We made the prices much more steep, and the requirements to even be eligible to purchase an item incredibly more restrictive. And now you're here posting about how you think this is a bad idea. I'm sorry to break it to you, but the server's bills aren't going to get paid by good-will alone, nor mystical unicorns or magical faeries.

P.S., I wasn't telling you to leave. I was simply stating that option is there, and that we encourage everyone to check out other places and find a place that makes them happy. Our community's happiness is one of our biggest priorities, if not our biggest. I'm not sure how many realize this, but it seems to be very few: We are all gamers here, and we make this place because of that, and Lordaeron exists purely out of our vision of what we would like to play on -- and so here it is.

P.P.S., I would like to encourage you and others to try and quit being so easily offended by something a staff member says. Just because you may read something harshly, remember: it is text, after all. There is no tone of voice or body language included.

11. I'm completely fine with warriors making their own raids and rules that state "I'm taking all leather arp gear and agility rings". If someone puts in that much effort, he should be rewarded.

And yeah, so many players on retail did that.

/rolleyes
    LOL. no actually they went into a guild and raided with people...but you think they made specific raids? shows me how much you did not play retail wotlk.

people will have years to farm gear here when at end level content. so what the difference in going up against someone who has done it without donating vs someone that has if you are a new player? does the gear have better stats if you farm it or donate it? nope. same gear last i checked. again how is paying for gear winning anything?

if you think the gear is the winning part then i guess you have a warped sense of winning. where the hell is charlie sheen when u need him?

12. LOL. no actually they went into a guild and raided with people...but you think they made specific raids? shows me how much you did not play retail wotlk.

people will have years to farm gear here when at end level content. so what the difference in going up against someone who has done it without donating vs someone that has if you are a new player? does the gear have better stats if you farm it or donate it? nope. same gear last i checked. again how is paying for gear winning anything?

if you think the gear is the winning part then i guess you have a warped sense of winning. where the hell is charlie sheen when u need him?
    I've been stuck in the queue for a while, so let's break this down.

1) So, you're saying warriors in wotlk went into progression 25 hc guilds, which would reward them with agility gear that is bis for rogues/druids/shamans/hunters? You're saying mages raided first toc 25 for the normal solace and then toc 25 for the hc solace, and their hardcore pve guild would prioritize mages over healers for it?

Am I understanding you correctly? You're talking about your superior wotlk retail knowledge. Can you comment on specifics that the noob who never played retail wotlk just mentioned?

2) So basically what you're saying is that buying gear is completely fine for a game like WoW. In that regard, buying level 80s should also be fine, buying 450 professions should be fine, buying in game gold from the warmane store should be fine. They all accomplish the same thing, skipping content (I've seen proponents of it calling it that in this topic).

We have a very different view on what games are about. A few days ago I reported a botter that was leveling up 10 character in some remote cave in thousand needles. I felt good about it. Then I realised - the only difference between a bot like that and the aforementioned 'skipping content' is that in one instance warmane gets $ and they don't when someone is botting.

I don't think I'll bother with reporting anymore. :/

13. I've been stuck in the queue for a while, so let's break this down.

1) So, you're saying warriors in wotlk went into progression 25 hc guilds, which would reward them with agility gear that is bis for rogues/druids/shamans/hunters? You're saying mages raided first toc 25 for the normal solace and then toc 25 for the hc solace, and their hardcore pve guild would prioritize mages over healers for it?

Am I understanding you correctly? You're talking about your superior wotlk retail knowledge. Can you comment on specifics that the noob who never played retail wotlk just mentioned?

2) So basically what you're saying is that buying gear is completely fine for a game like WoW. In that regard, buying level 80s should also be fine, buying 450 professions should be fine, buying in game gold from the warmane store should be fine. They all accomplish the same thing, skipping content (I've seen proponents of it calling it that in this topic).

We have a very different view on what games are about. A few days ago I reported a botter that was leveling up 10 character in some remote cave in thousand needles. I felt good about it. Then I realised - the only difference between a bot like that and the aforementioned 'skipping content' is that in one instance warmane gets $ and they don't when someone is botting.

I don't think I'll bother with reporting anymore. :/
    Pretty sure you should read this thread: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....lm-Information If you are uncertain of how donation is working on Lord and obviously the bis gear that leather users have will go to leather users and so on... Would be stupid even if a warrior needed a leather item there's always something equal he can take from plate. Besides we have had possibility to buy certain amount of gear on here (even when it's limited) and gear on all the other servers so i don't know why you act all suprised :P
    Edited: January 2, 2016

14. 1) So, you're saying warriors in wotlk went into progression 25 hc guilds, which would reward them with agility gear that is bis for rogues/druids/shamans/hunters?
    so your argument is based upon plate wearing people wear plate only? leather wearers wear leather only? too bad so many BiS items even in retail were not plate mail leather for all classes. if you think that way then idk what to tell you because its just plain wrong.

You're saying mages raided first toc 25 for the normal solace and then toc 25 for the hc solace, and their hardcore pve guild would prioritize mages over healers for it?
    what are you even talking about. why would they have to loot the normal one first? who is in a hardcore pve guild in ICC doing normal ToC? why would mages use it anyways? i am clueless as to why you think that trinket is BiS because its not.

yep. just did. read above.

2) So basically what you're saying is that buying gear is completely fine for a game like WoW. In that regard, buying level 80s should also be fine, buying 450 professions should be fine, buying in game gold from the warmane store should be fine. They all accomplish the same thing, skipping content (I've seen proponents of it calling it that in this topic)
    you cant buy proffesions. that was only after moltdown. the rest of your argument or rather statement here is invalid. if someone plays for a long time without donating (which i mentioned before in my previous post) dont you think they will have a huge significant advantage over some new player in pvp? so why shouldent that person be given the option to catch up by buying gear or better yet what separates the person who farmed all the gear vs the person who bought it? if a fully donated warrior and a fully geared warrior who has not donated can obtain the same gear granted the non donator will have spent more time farming, does that not give them both the advantage over a new player? that player has no idea that one guy has spent years or months or whatever farming his gear vs the guy who bought his gear. yet every new player who feels that they are at a disadvantage will come here and complain about donors even though some of those players have that gear through not donating.

either way i would like to know why people think there is such a thing as paying to win. as i mentioned a few posts ago, it does not give you a high arena rating, it does not teach you how to spec, gem, glyph, enchant (ive seen hundreds of terrible apps with "im 6.9k" but the guy has everything wrong with his ****) if people think the gear they donate is them winning then again i dont buy that in the least. if gear is winning then maybe my definition of winning is wrong but i doubt it.

15. what are you even talking about. why would they have to loot the normal one first? who is in a hardcore pve guild in ICC doing normal ToC? why would mages use it anyways? i am clueless as to why you think that trinket is BiS because its not.
    Solace CAN be BiS for frost mages in certain comps, thats what he was talking about.

Also you could get maxed professions for gold long before moltdown, Herpes made it available along time ago.

First ... 7891011 ... Last